I was not impressed at all last night

CWR

Reaction score
That's why I have only participated in the game thread a few times. People on it tend to act as if the entire game hinges on every play - or at least every bad play.

Yes, I like how they blame everything on the qb as well. Defense gets gutted, damn you Dak. Rb fumbles the ball, Dak doesn't deserve a new contract ect. Lol

Im fine with blaming the qb when its his fault. Just like everyone else on the team.

aikemirv

Reaction score
They did not impress me -too many penalties and turnovers and drops.

Parts of the team was very good- Oline and Zeke

Defense on the other hand was pretty good - absent the stupid penalties.

We got to put it all together.

dfense

Reaction score
Always is. Some fans are insane during games. I'd hate to be that miserable.
Did you notice so many of those insane fans disappeared when Cowboys went up by double digits? It's like they thrive strictly on the negative.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
He edited it later. It did say next week at first.
Not that it's a big deal, or anything though.

The Patriots are on a bye and play the Eagles next. Which could be good news for us and bad news for the Eagles since the Patriots don't play two bad games in a row that often.

aria

Reaction score
if we play like last night against the Patriots, we'll get beat by minimum 3 scores. Pats take turnovers , penalties, mental mistakes, and turn them into TD's...Which is kinda the OP's point...
That’s true but I don’t think we will, just a feeling. I think the Patriots are very overrated this year and until I see them beat more than one decent team then I’m not convinced we can’t beat them.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. I will also say I think other than a couple big plays the secondary stunk. Chido is so overrated in these parts. Lewis shouldn’t play over Brown he should play over Chido. I think NE is going to expose these clowns in a couple weeks.

Was anyone impressed with last night?

A win is a win. They played 31 minutes of good football. The only negative is yet another super slow start. Garret needs to step in and slap harder earlier in the game.

Coy

Reaction score
We have a very good QB, a great WR, Oline and RB.
We have a good pass rush, great LB's and good DB's

Unfortunately, we have an awful HC, and therein lies the problem.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Being impressed is NOT what this fan is about. Enjoying the game and rooting for my beloved team, win or lose is what it's about.
I’ve always said that it’s more fun being a fan than a critic! We’ll never have the perfect win. But winning the freaking game is alllll that matters!

It’s funny how people are ready to jump off a nearby ledge after winning on the road to a division rival (regardless of either team’s record).

Hey sour pusses, nobody is claiming SB, but one step closer to winning the division is a step in the right direction. Then anything can happen. Still have the second half of the season to go.

catiii

Reaction score
Never seen so much hype over a QB by the pre-game media - Giants Jones is awful! he looked like a rookie or like a solid BACKUP like Dak.....oh ...wait....
:popcorn:
"Sorry Romo haters, but Dak isn't even close to Romo. We took a step back sadly when we lost Romo."
Oh thanks Mr Echo!! I'l be burned at the stake for this, but, a hot steak is better than a cold chop.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Never seen so much hype over a QB - Giants Jones is awful! he looked like a rookie or like a solid BACKUP like Dak.....oh ...wait....
:popcorn:
Glad the Eagles, Giants, and Commanders wasted high picks on crappy QBs like Wentz, Jones and Haskins.

scottsp

Reaction score
I don't need to be impressed. There are only 16 of these things, so I try to take as much enjoyment in each of them as I can, relishing the wins especially.

But if you're asking: What does this outcome mean and how does it translate to their prospects moving forward? This victory tells me nothing, except Dallas was, once again, able to overcome a lousy start and eventually tap out an awful football team. And that's okay, because it still represents a win on the ledger.

Coming out of camp I had them at 9-10 wins, which represents a pretty good team that should be in position to win the division, but not much beyond that. Nothing through eight games has me rethinking that.

Last edited:

CowboyGil

Reaction score
It keeps us one up on Philly and leading the division. Winning the division maybe the only way we make the playoffs. At this point, no way a wild card is coming from the East.

Wood

Reaction score
A win is a win and they needed it last night. That said it was not a good win at all. The Giants are terrible and that game was up for grabs in the 4th. Bad penalties, Cobb drops, bad turnovers, ST screw ups, and strange play calling was all on display. I will also say I think other than a couple big plays the secondary stunk. Chido is so overrated in these parts. Lewis shouldn’t play over Brown he should play over Chido. I think NE is going to expose these clowns in a couple weeks.

I agree. A quality NFL team would have smoked Cowboys last night. Still its a win and I always felt Dallas season would come down to this 7 game stretch against solid NFL teams.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

No it was surprising to me, this was a team that they should have dominated from the start.
The giants are a weak team, and shurmur and his staff are worse than JG and his .
Like at end of half, 30 seconds left, and he has his rookie qb out there throwing passes, I thought man they should just run it and go to halftime leading.
But next play jones throws a deep one and int, runback, dallas FG and there goes the giant lead, that demotivated them.
That was awful coaching.