I wish Dez was playing in this game

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Byron Jones on Thomas.
Chido and Brown on Dez.

Which scenario wins?

1) Dez gets 100 yards and 2 scores. Wanted to show off and did.

OR

2) 2 catches for 12 yards, because his tiny brain and emotions took over.

NFL really missed out on a sales piece in this game. What a hype machine this game would have produced with the storylines of Dez returning to play in Dallas tonight.

Dez plans to be ‘home’ at Saints at Cowboys
https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...home-tonight-for-Saints-at-Cowboys-125565823/

SackMaster

Reaction score
Probably a pretty decent game, numbers wise, but with one big, giant, colossal mistake that either cost the Saints the game or allows the Cowboys to stick around longer than they should have been able to.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Byron Jones on Thomas.
Chido and Brown on Dez.

Which scenario wins?

OR

NFL really missed out on a sales piece in this game. What a hype machine this game would have produced with the storylines of Dez returning to play in Dallas tonight.

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...home-tonight-for-Saints-at-Cowboys-125565823/

Stupid post with the insult to Dez. Loses credibility.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Without Dez , they don't need Dez .

Our players need to win regardless of coaching .

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I would enjoy watching him yell at Brees on the sideline. That would be priceless.
Dez had this game penciled in as his revenge game. Dez was shopping for a super bowl contender. He found the saints and they just happened to have the Cowboys on their schedule at the opportune time. Everything was going according to his schedule and then disaster happened.

Well, I'm still laughing at Dez turning down $7M/yr for 3 years from the Ravens. Instead, he rolled the dice and settled for 500K from the Saints. Doesn't matter because he couldn't even make it through the second practice.

erod

Reaction score
Beckham, Julio.....no real problem.

Brees has thrown touchdowns to 15 different receivers, including 4 undrafted rookies.

He's the problem, not the receivers in particular.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Probably a pretty decent game, numbers wise, but with one big, giant, colossal mistake that either cost the Saints the game or allows the Cowboys to stick around longer than they should have been able to.

ala Row Williams.

John813

Reaction score
This obsession over Dez is one for the record books on CZ

Any other player former or not, both sides of the argument couldn't let die for this long?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Stupid post with the insult to Dez. Loses credibility.

Yeah bc that never happened when he played for Dallas right?
Slams helmets
Yells at players and coaches (Who can yell at Romo and Witten? Best 2 team guys on the planet)
Leaves the field during a game

All of these are small minded emotional examples of Dez being Dez.
If you can't admit that, then, you are fooling yourself.

And FWIW I think Dez would have had a monster revenge game.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would enjoy watching him yell at Brees on the sideline. That would be priceless.
Dez had this game penciled in as his revenge game. Dez was shopping for a super bowl contender. He found the saints and they just happened to have the Cowboys on their schedule at the opportune time. Everything was going according to his schedule and then disaster happened.

Well, I'm still laughing at Dez turning down $7M/yr for 3 years from the Ravens. Instead, he rolled the dice and settled for 500K from the Saints. Doesn't matter because he couldn't even make it through the second practice.

He also said it wasn't about money. Remember the Browns also approached him at least twice according to Dorsey, their GM. In fact, they got the sense Dez was no longer interested in playing but he apparently holding out for the perfect match. Looking back, I'm not sure he wasn't actually hoping for a chance to return to Cowboys. Quite a coincidence he signed immediately after we traded for Cooper.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Which is absolutely ironically priceless in it's own light:lmao:

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Byron Jones on Thomas.
Chido and Brown on Dez.

Which scenario wins?

OR

Seriously I would have put Lewis on dez so he gets in dez head and dez implodes on the field resulting in an ejection.

Pull Lewis after mission is accomplished.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
What if Romo and Witten were playing for the Cowboys tonight? What if Aikman, Irvin, and Emmitt were playing for the Cowboys tonight when they were at their peak?

See how absurd this all sounds?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I wish there was an ignore feature for certain keywords...Dez, Romo, Witten, Garrett sucks, Linehan sucks.

Forget what would bring the team over the hump. That would bring this board over the hump.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
He also said it wasn't about money. Remember the Browns also approached him at least twice according to Dorsey, their GM. In fact, they got the sense Dez was no longer interested in playing but he apparently holding out for the perfect match. Looking back, I'm not sure he wasn't actually hoping for a chance to return to Cowboys. Quite a coincidence he signed immediately after we traded for Cooper.

Good point about Dez signing immediately after we signed Cooper. I never thought of that. Looks like Dez may have wanted to come back. Although, I thought Jerry and Stephen were pretty clear that Dez was not coming back.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Good point about Dez signing immediately after we signed Cooper. I never thought of that. Looks like Dez may have wanted to come back. Although, I thought Jerry and Stephen were pretty clear that Dez was not coming back.

They were.......but Dez mentioned something to the effect he wanted to re-sign with the Cowboys.