I wonder if Deuce will be healthy scratch again?

Praxit

Reaction score
...that would be 3rd straight game. And sure telling sign, where this is going.

Wished we had offense to showcase him. But with Pollard, Turps, Dowdle etc.. is probably enough.

Your thoughts? Be fair, no Willy Wonka stuff.... ;)...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends on the matchups, also do they bring up another OL in case Chuma, or Tyron or both can't play.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Wished we had offense to showcase him. But with Pollard, Turps, Dowdle etc.. is probably enough.

Actually people read far too much into this he's a rookie and he does a lot of the same things that Turpin does as well as really if you look at it Tony Pollard we don't need another finesse guy like that on the field at the same time so he's gonna have to wait his turn eventually someday with an injury I think he'll get his shot.. It's not telling at all sometimes this happens I always go back to the Randy white thing he was a special teams fighters first two seasons he had no actual real gig at a regular position his third year he broke through this happens with a lot of players this isn't new I think we just have a problem here with three players that are very similar...

In my opinion if Turpin was to get hurt for any significant amount of time I believe Vaughn could step in immediately and we wouldn't really miss a beat I think they are very similar players.... And don't give me the whole speed thing I get it but what you do on the field we watched Vaughn had a much better college career and his football speed is plenty he can do a lot of the same things and again he started on the depth chart when it comes to his skill set we already got guys on the field like that... Hell I'll even do an honorable mention the CD lamb he does a lot of things behind the line of scrimmage from the slot that Vaughn would probably do I mean didn't we see him do direct snaps some Wildcat stuff I mean there's just not enough room for having the same player do the same thing on game day for Vaughn..

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

It was a telling sign where it was going, when most of his carries were in mop up duty. Had he made a few plays with the opportunities he was given it might be different. However, he only averaged 1.9 per carry with 17 carries and he can’t block and he doesn’t play special teams.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I’m hoping Mike has a plan to get him some touches later on in the season.

If used properly I could see him making some plays.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think the team has used Deuce correctly so far. The majority of his carries came in a game where we had a big lead, we were running it up the gut (and not hiding that fact) and Deuce was met in the backfield for most of those carries.

starfan1

Reaction score

Duece is a wasted roster spot he certainly hasn’t lived up to my expectations

Some of it is him and his size most of it is how he’s utilized

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Not going to lie, I was excited for this kid. Thought he had the potential to rip off some big plays. To be fair, he hasn't really received a fair chance to prove himself, but the team must be seeing something in practices that are keeping them from having faith in the player on gameday.

Bagman

Reaction score
I watched Vaughn absolutely embarrass our 3rd Rd pick (Overshown) in a game against Texas. The kid is tough and talented. He wasn't a wasted 6th rd pick. That's exactly where guys like him are taken. The pick wasn't a waste. His utilization by the coaches is the waste. It's on them, not him. Can't score from the sidelines.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
I still don’t know why everyone got soooo hyped up about this kid. Good story but that’s it. If he’s going to ever get on the field, he, more than most RBs will have to develop and gain strength. He will likely need a QB that is very accurate (not a shot at Dak, just a comment about what is best for Vaughn.

Mark

Reaction score
Duece is a wasted roster spot he certainly hasn’t lived up to my expectations

Some of it is him and his size most of it is how he’s utilized
As a sixth-round pick, wasn't the club's "expectation" that he would be something of a project?

We're dangerously thin at RB. At some point, chances are that either Pollard or Dowdle will miss a game. Then I suppose we'll see what Deuce can (or can't) do.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Pollard is an adequate try-hard blocker. Dowdle is really unproven and has hip injuries. We really can't TELEGRAPH that we are either running or short passing game when Deuce is in the game. Because any mid to long range passing plays that involve a blitz might require Deuce to block unless it's Max Protect. So, it's a matchup thing with Deuce..and guys his size are rarely going to make the cut when evaluating matchups on Monday/Tuesday of game week.

That said, you can't measure heart and who knows...he might be as good as Pollard blocking. Then defenses won't know what we are doing when he's in the backfield.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am not ready to pull the plug on Deuce because the OL has not run blocked well for anyone. But it seems to me like his short legs really limit his speed. He is at best a gimmick player. Giving up a roster spot for a player like him seems like a major luxury.

Praxit

Reaction score
I am not ready to pull the plug on Deuce because the OL has not run blocked well for anyone. But it seems to me like his short legs really limit his speed. He is at best a gimmick player. Giving up a roster spot for a player like him seems like a major luxury.
..but then you wonder how players like Sproles made decent impact in NFL.