I wonder if Deuce will be healthy scratch again?

rambo2

Reaction score
I haven’t modified anything you’re the one who brought up training camp.
Originally you said he wouldn’t be back which probably isn't true because he is under contract and it isn't likely that they would cut him during the off season. Now you are saying that he won't make the 53 next season.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Why wouldn't he be a healthy scratch? He's RB3 and the Cowboys are carrying a FB into the game.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Originally you said he wouldn’t be back which probably isn't true because he is under contract and it isn't likely that they would cut him during the off season. Now you are saying that he won't make the 53 next season.
I’ve been saying the same thing all along, you’re just mad because I proved you wrong about him. Get over it! By the way players that are under contract can be cut at any time. Vaughn’s contract isn’t guaranteed.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’ve been saying the same thing all along, you’re just mad because I proved you wrong about him. Get over it! By the way players that are under contract can be cut at any time. Vaughn’s contract isn’t guaranteed.
I'm not mad. Currently I'm excited about the big game on Sunday. I understand about contracts. It is more likely that they keep Vaughn under contract and he is in camp next season.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
..but then you wonder how players like Sproles made decent impact in NFL.
Sproles was bigger, stronger and faster.

He was a very good return guy. His utilization on offense is vastly over rated.

pancakeman

Reaction score
Actually people read far too much into this he's a rookie and he does a lot of the same things that Turpin does as well as really if you look at it Tony Pollard we don't need another finesse guy like that on the field at the same time so he's gonna have to wait his turn eventually someday with an injury I think he'll get his shot.. It's not telling at all sometimes this happens I always go back to the Randy white thing he was a special teams fighters first two seasons he had no actual real gig at a regular position his third year he broke through this happens with a lot of players this isn't new I think we just have a problem here with three players that are very similar...

In my opinion if Turpin was to get hurt for any significant amount of time I believe Vaughn could step in immediately and we wouldn't really miss a beat I think they are very similar players.... And don't give me the whole speed thing I get it but what you do on the field we watched Vaughn had a much better college career and his football speed is plenty he can do a lot of the same things and again he started on the depth chart when it comes to his skill set we already got guys on the field like that... Hell I'll even do an honorable mention the CD lamb he does a lot of things behind the line of scrimmage from the slot that Vaughn would probably do I mean didn't we see him do direct snaps some Wildcat stuff I mean there's just not enough room for having the same player do the same thing on game day for Vaughn..
This is exactly what I would answer. I mean, I'd use some periods, but... :thumbup:

shabazz

Reaction score
why are people so enamored by whether or not a 6th round rookie RB plays or not?
Two reasons.

we all heard the glowing reports in TC and bright samples in the preseason but more importantly, when we have the 18th ranked running game in the NFL some are naturally looking at the resources that are currently on the team…….Jerry had no interest in someone like Derrick Henry to improve it so here we are.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I think whatever plan they had for Deuce either just never materialized or simply went out the window due to the struggles with the new offense. I thought they would give him some opportunities out of the backfield in the passing game to give him some space to maneuver. The way they’ve used him hasn’t worked and he won’t be back next season.
If the Cowboys used him wrong why cut him instead of figuring it out?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I watched the Deep Blue Production: War Stories II at the Cowboys website the other day. Has 2-3 minute segment on the draft story of many players from Hall of Fame to dud. It ends with Deuce getting drafted. Some tear-drenching stuff there. Not just the dad being proud of his son, even Jerry Jones is crying. Feel good moment. He was not drafted in favoritism, his father would even leave the room in the normal RB scout meetings when his son was discussed in fear it would hold them back from being honest. I hope they figure out how to use him right. He flashed some talent in the preseason. He does have moves.

Beaker42

Reaction score
...that would be 3rd straight game. And sure telling sign, where this is going.

Wished we had offense to showcase him. But with Pollard, Turps, Dowdle etc.. is probably enough.

Your thoughts? Be fair, no Willy Wonka stuff.... ;)...
Does it really matter??

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Deuce needs to be schemed open in the passing game. As far as the running game goes and with his limited opportunities, I didn't see much from the O-line for even his small frame to run through.
The hell does that mean, we don't know what that means!!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
He was a mistake. Cut him
The few times Deuce has gotten the ball, there have been defenders around him almost instantly. The OLs run blocking has been worse under Schottenheimer’s scheme, too - Pollard has struggled to find lanes as well.

It is way, way too early to call Deuce a bust.