I wonder if Deuce will be healthy scratch again?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m hoping Mike has a plan to get him some touches later on in the season.

If used properly I could see him making some plays.
I think whatever plan they had for Deuce either just never materialized or simply went out the window due to the struggles with the new offense. I thought they would give him some opportunities out of the backfield in the passing game to give him some space to maneuver. The way they’ve used him hasn’t worked and he won’t be back next season.

rambo2

Reaction score
...that would be 3rd straight game. And sure telling sign, where this is going.

Wished we had offense to showcase him. But with Pollard, Turps, Dowdle etc.. is probably enough.

Your thoughts? Be fair, no Willy Wonka stuff.... ;)...
Who cares? They have a stable of healthy backs including Deuce. They just need to win and keep winning.

CashMan

Reaction score
...that would be 3rd straight game. And sure telling sign, where this is going.

Wished we had offense to showcase him. But with Pollard, Turps, Dowdle etc.. is probably enough.

Your thoughts? Be fair, no Willy Wonka stuff.... ;)...
Remember when everyone was talking him up when they drafted him? LOL

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
why are people so enamored by whether or not a 6th round rookie RB plays or not?
He is invested and attached to the staff. that's why....I swear, i still think he can play.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think whatever plan they had for Deuce either just never materialized or simply went out the window due to the struggles with the new offense. I thought they would give him some opportunities out of the backfield in the passing game to give him some space to maneuver. The way they’ve used him hasn’t worked and he won’t be back next season.
Why wouldn't he be back? He is under contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Why wouldn't he be back? He is under contract.
He’s on a cheap rookie deal. They have no use for him unless they want to put him on the practice squad. He won’t be on the 53 man roster next season. He’s been a wasted roster spot. The only value he has is if we lose Turpin as our punt returner. The last time Deuce saw the field was fielding a punt a few weeks ago after Turpin was dinged.

lopey

Reaction score
I watched Vaughn absolutely embarrass our 3rd Rd pick (Overshown) in a game against Texas. The kid is tough and talented. He wasn't a wasted 6th rd pick. That's exactly where guys like him are taken. The pick wasn't a waste. His utilization by the coaches is the waste. It's on them, not him. Can't score from the sidelines.
You have to earn playing time. Must be stinking it up during the week to not even dress on Sunday

rambo2

Reaction score
He’s on a cheap rookie deal. They have no use for him unless they want to put him on the practice squad. He won’t be on the 53 man roster next season. He’s been a wasted roster spot. The only value he has is if we lose Turpin as our punt returner. The last time Deuce saw the field was fielding a punt a few weeks ago after Turpin was injured.
You said he wouldn't be back.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You said he wouldn't be back.
I said he wouldn’t be back next season, but the team could decide to put him on the practice squad. It’s a possibility, but I’m not predicting they will.

817Gill

Reaction score
6th round picks often are inactive. This isn’t some indictment on the player lol he’s a 6th rounder.

I think everyone’s hype was just way too much for a late rounder. To be fair, this isn’t the most imaginative staff and I think asking them to be creative for Turpin and Vaughn is just too much to ask for this staff.

Look at all his carries lol. How do you run a 5’5 180lb guy run between the tackles right into the arms of guys who’ve been blown out for 2 hours.

I’ll withhold judgment until they actually use him like he’s supposed to be.

rambo2

Reaction score
I said he wouldn’t be back next season, but the team could decide to put him on the practice squad. It’s a possibility, but I’m not predicting they will.
Then now you are saying that he will be back in training camp.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Then now you are saying that he will be back in training camp.
I said he won’t be back next season. I kept telling you it wasn’t going to work out with Vaughn the way you predicted. Get over it!

rambo2

Reaction score
I said he won’t be back next season. I kept telling you it wasn’t going to work out with Vaughn the way you predicted. Get over it!
If he is in training camp, he is back. Then he would have to be cut.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If he is in training camp, he is back. Then he would have to be cut.
If he gets cut in training camp, he’s not back. He won’t be on the 53 man roster next season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OK, so you modified what you originally said.
I haven’t modified anything you’re the one who brought up training camp. I’ve repeatedly said he won’t be on the team next season. You need to get over it. :thumbup: