I Would bench T.O. and play this Giants team without him

Boysboy

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2480328 said:
Yeah I guess you're right. The only time I remember him benching a star is when Irvin missed the flight to Detroit in '92 and he benched him for either the 1st off. series or the 1st quarted, either or. Jimmy never had a player with the persona T.O. has and did/said the things T.O. does so I was just thinking to myself would Jimmy bench T.O. for a game. I don't think it would've been out of the realm of possibility. But Jimmy being the control freak he was (I say that in a good way) he wouldn't have allowed T.O. on his team anyway so it's moot.

Didn't the Giants bench/suspend Plaxico Burress on numerous occasions?(i.e. In '05, he missed a team meeting and Coughlin sat him on the bench in the 1st qtr against SD)

What makes you think JJ(or Coughlin for that matter) wouldn't have done that to TO? And yes-Burress is notorious for cussing out his coaches too.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2478294 said:
Something inside of me tells me that if Phillips/Garrett benched T.O. for this game the Offense will play at whole new higher level.

You really believe that taking our best offensive player out will improve us?

That is way too subtle for me, though you may be on to something.

Interesting thought.

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
Boysboy;2480334 said:
What makes you think JJ(or Coughlin for that matter) wouldn't have done that to TO?

I think he would've, that's what I was saying in my original post about this and the 2nd also.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Americas_Fan, have you ever considered forcing the issue by sneaking through stadium security and clubbing Owens across his knees? Tonya Harding would say, "Don't knock it until you've tried it".

:rolleyes: :)

Boysboy

Reaction score
DallasEast;2480381 said:
Americas_Fan, have you ever considered forcing the issue by sneaking through stadium security and clubbing Owens across his knees? Tonya Harding would say, "Don't knock it until you've tried it".

:rolleyes: :)

:lmao2: