I would expect visits from FAs today?

starfan1

Reaction score
Yeah I also think the Quinn loss hurt too. No one wants to admit and I get he had his flaws but he was able to get a lot out of guys like Armstrong and Fowler. I think we are missing that.
Quinn plays a different style of defense than Zimmer but they both are flawed. That bend but don't break crap in the passing game irritates me combine that with no pressure up front makes for a porous pass defense and that's to go with an already poor run defense

Quinn managed to get pressure and turnovers but he also couldnt stop the leaky run defense. If Mazi in fact has started to turn the corner that bodes well for our run defense and if we can get teams in a must pass then we generate pressure and maybe create some turnovers

starfan1

Reaction score
But Williams was lost early and we didn’t sign anyone , even the bodies we brought in Lawson , Muhammad etc were let go ..
we need to sign some one from PS of another team or trade for one, it’s pathetic.
No one can foresee losing both DE starters in the same game but we are not ready for one loss let alone 2 .
did they let go of Lawson too?

starfan1

Reaction score
You missed him jumping offsides, lol.
ya thanks for reminding me :laugh:. Post 16 in this thread suggested he may have been released so i doubted myself and thought if Dallas was dumb enough to get rid of the 1 position they need the most. Jerry is dumb but i didnt think he was that dumb

erod

Reaction score
the loss was depth Dorance was ok nothing special but hed come in handy about now. Had Willams not been lost for the season we may not be as impacted
Dorance Armstrong was far better than OK. He was good against the run, could run the passer, and didn't run out of juice at the end of games.

He was basically Tony Tolbert.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nahhhhh ........ you will get our backups and get over it or jump off the bandwagon.

:laugh:

Now what if the pass rush is better with Tank and Micah out?

o_O

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Bodies coming in? Dead or alive? I seen a lot of dead ones out there the last few weeks. What idiot Jones should be doing is raiding other teas practice squads. I think they have to become a part of the 53. So, if that's the plan. You better raid the best players one of the 31 teams have available..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nahhhhh ........ you will get our backups and get over it or jump off the bandwagon.

:laugh:

Now what if the pass rush is better with Tank and Micah out?

o_O
Wouldn't shock me at all, and I hope the media outlets make HUGE headlines about it too!!!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Quinn plays a different style of defense than Zimmer but they both are flawed. That bend but don't break crap in the passing game irritates me combine that with no pressure up front makes for a porous pass defense and that's to go with an already poor run defense

Quinn managed to get pressure and turnovers but he also couldnt stop the leaky run defense. If Mazi in fact has started to turn the corner that bodes well for our run defense and if we can get teams in a must pass then we generate pressure and maybe create some turnovers
The thing about bend but don’t break is I don’t get what’s the point if you eventually break. Maybe they didn’t against the Giants but I’d much rather be aggressive and break then play conservative and break. I hope they play differently when Bland gets back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
At this point we need bodies. They won’t be impact players, but maybe we find a diamond in the rough
yes not exactly today but between now and Wednesday they have interviews set up I'm sure physicals tryouts talk to agents have a list of things to take somebody's practice squad player I mean they had to wait till today to start getting this set up it doesn't happen overnight this is a business there was a lot of business being conducted over the weekend as far as actual playing so we can't do much but yes I expect they had already put together a list and are setting things up and probably make a decision by Wednesday..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Only way is for a trade.
No there are free agents out there a pretty good list like Shaq Lawson that Yannick guy that's on a practice squad you don't have to trade they have to bring in people for interviews tryouts and physicals it takes some time but they don't have to make a trade..that bland might be back next game or the lions..that should help..

blueblood70

Reaction score
You missed him jumping offsides, lol.
And lots of players jump offsides I mean it happens all around the league especially if you haven't got a lot of snaps this year but that hard count was pretty damn good by Daniel Jones it was even commented on they literally were able to get him to bite by the cadence and the late snap count and that happens to all players I don't know what your point is but yeah he's been on the field and they're slowly ramping him up but he's not the only answer but he's gonna help they definitely need to bring in one more pass rusher...

starfan1

Reaction score
The thing about bend but don’t break is I don’t get what’s the point if you eventually break. Maybe they didn’t against the Giants but I’d much rather be aggressive and break then play conservative and break. I hope they play differently when Bland gets back.
wouldnt count on it. were you around when zimmer was here before? I was never overly impressed with the hire myself.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The only free agents out there are scrubs. We’ve already completed four weeks of the NFL season, any player unemployed right now isn’t worth a crap. There isn’t anyone available right now that’s going to make up for the loss of Parsons and DLaw or will improve us in another area.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The only free agents out there are scrubs.
shaq Lawson is a scrub seriously I mean he's got to be better than gholston? Yannick Ngakoue is accessible, I believe off of the ravens PS?

• Marquis Haynes
  • Shaq Lawson
  • Kemoko Turay
  • Austin Bryant
  • Randy Gregory
  • Rasheem Green
  • Shane Ray
  • Elerson Smith

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
wouldnt count on it. were you around when zimmer was here before? I was never overly impressed with the hire myself.
I wasn't either but he never had corners this good. We are talking about 2 All Pro cornerbacks. I don't think he ever had one in his previous Dallas run. Now I don't disagree. I don't expect it to change. The defense looks exactly as it did back then and I hated it then. Seems like he got a nice reputation with the Vikings and Bengals....never been impressed. I knew what the hire was. A one year stop gap because no one was coming here. I just thought maybe his toughness would rub off on these guys.