I would expect visits from FAs today?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No there are free agents out there a pretty good list like Shaq Lawson that Yannick guy that's on a practice squad you don't have to trade they have to bring in people for interviews tryouts and physicals it takes some time but they don't have to make a trade..that bland might be back next game or the lions..that should help..
I’m not NFL scout so have no idea if those guys are any good. Seems to me that if they were, they’d be on an active roster somewhere.

starfan1

Reaction score
Dorance Armstrong was far better than OK. He was good against the run, could run the passer, and didn't run out of juice at the end of games.

He was basically Tony Tolbert.
not sure id say anyone was good against the run on our team but if you think so. Maybe Dlaw had some good moments. Dorance played well enough to get paid and he was always going to leave when Quinn left. I dont think he was chopped liver by any stretch but he just didnt impress me a bunch.

He was our 3rd best DE and williams showing potential overpaying dorance would have been stupid. Unfortunately we have had a some bad luck on the injury front at that position which makes his loss seem worse than it is..

starfan1

Reaction score
I wasn't either but he never had corners this good. We are talking about 2 All Pro cornerbacks. I don't think he ever had one in his previous Dallas run. Now I don't disagree. I don't expect it to change. The defense looks exactly as it did back then and I hated it then. Seems like he got a nice reputation with the Vikings and Bengals....never been impressed. I knew what the hire was. A one year stop gap because no one was coming here. I just thought maybe his toughness would rub off on these guys.
I'm trying to remember who he had as corners was Terence Newman one of his? I would love to see bland and Diggs together but there is a part of me that's concerned to not have much expectations. One we don't get after the QB like we did and that contributed to their success. They both are feast or famine guys who can get schooled. I think Bland at least will tackle if I remember right. Diggs makes many a business decision.

Metcalf made bland look so bad that Gilmore had to cover him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m not NFL scout so have no idea if those guys are any good. Seems to me that if they were, they’d be on an active roster somewhere.
Really sometimes you pick up a guy and he's rested healed up ready to go ready to prove himself look like the Kansas City Chiefs picked up their old buddy Kareem Hunt been out on the street all year had a very nice game...14-69 that 4.9 YPC no giant numbers but new to the team 1 week of prep not bad...

Last edited:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
And lots of players jump offsides I mean it happens all around the league especially if you haven't got a lot of snaps this year but that hard count was pretty damn good by Daniel Jones it was even commented on they literally were able to get him to bite by the cadence and the late snap count and that happens to all players I don't know what your point is but yeah he's been on the field and they're slowly ramping him up but he's not the only answer but he's gonna help they definitely need to bring in one more pass rusher...
My point was that was his memorable play of the game.

Kumala808

Reaction score
They won't do anything, I mean, they couldn't even make a call to ask Henry for his price and assume he was too much, this team will not get better cause we have cheap ownership

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I was joking about enticing Aaron Donald out of retirement but right now... it'd be nice haha

CWR

Reaction score
That's always the case, but there's also guys who are buying their time, bagging groceries (Warner), etc. The odds of finding said player are super slim, but you have to try.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I used to believe that a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in a while, but these two dimwits really are testing that theory.

Poor squirrel will need to be hand fed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really sometimes you pick up a guy and he's rested healed up ready to go ready to prove himself look like the Kansas City Chiefs picked up their old buddy Kareem Hunt been out on the street all year had a very nice game...14-69 that 4.9 YPC no giant numbers but new to the team 1 week of prep not bad...
I wonder how he does in the next game, and the next game. Did you watch many week 1 games? They all came out firing on all cylinders and now have settled into the season.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Honestly… we played on THURSDAY. Visits should have been today or tomorrow. This slack FO never proactive

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly… we played on THURSDAY. Visits should have been today or tomorrow. This slack FO never proactive
Watch them bring in jack squat and we will be limping to the finish line at DE next week. Then our great brain trust will wake up from their long naps and realize "our guys" aren't enough. It has to be right in everyone's faces for them to react.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
yes not exactly today but between now and Wednesday they have interviews set up I'm sure physicals tryouts talk to agents have a list of things to take somebody's practice squad player I mean they had to wait till today to start getting this set up it doesn't happen overnight this is a business there was a lot of business being conducted over the weekend as far as actual playing so we can't do much but yes I expect they had already put together a list and are setting things up and probably make a decision by Wednesday.
This is what we've become.
Scrambling to see what warm bodies are available from teams or what out of work guy will apply.
Salivating at whatever big body is available on a pile of rejects...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I wonder how he does in the next game, and the next game. Did you watch many week 1 games? They all came out firing on all cylinders and now have settled into the season.
I'm not sure what you mean but I don't think this guy had any training camp he wasn't on the practice squad he hasn't been practicing and he came out with one week of being with a new team and he played pretty well who cares about the rest of the games I'm just telling you that there is a recent example of this that just happened so it can happen I seen a quarterback be pulled off the street wasn't with the eagles about 5 or 6 years ago maybe a little longer where they got a dude that was retired can't remember I think he's one of those quarterbacks with a couple of brothers that's played in the league just brought him off the street I believe he had to start a playoff game I can't remember he played pretty well...

I'm not saying it's gonna happen for us I'm saying don't leave the door shut as if we can't get a guy a free agent or a guy for practice squad and he doesn't play well they've had rest and maybe they're motivated and maybe we we have a resurgence of the career and Baker Mayfield and Sam darnold and Geno Smith and all of a sudden look like really good quarterbacks that somebody we pick up can also resurrect their career..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what we've become.
Scrambling to see what warm bodies are available from teams or what out of work guy will apply.
Salivating at whatever big body is available on a pile of rejects...
Depth should have been better, but in fairness not many teams could lose their top 2 edge rushers and not be scrambling to figure out how to get some players that can help get pressure on the QB