I would hate this WFT scenario speculated by Stehen A

jnday

Reaction score
If Dak and Elliott are so good, why are some people here so scaredy cat? Highest paid QB and highest paid RB, and people are worried? You don’t pay a QB $40M/year and a RB $15M/year if they aren’t the best. Dak and Elliott got this. R-e-l-a-x.

Dak makes more money than Rodgers, more of a running threat, younger, a better leader of men, and healthier. Dak has more offensive weapons than Rodgers has in GB and would have in Washington. Too easy.

I don’t get the fear. If Dak and Elliott are so good, why fear the Washington defense, or any defense for that matter?
Actually, I think it would be hilarious if Rodgers is traded to the WFT. This place would freak out. Maybe I am different, but I had rather win legitimate titles by beating the best than winning because the whole division stinks.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
I think they are already favorites to win the division.

What in the world have we done to say we're the favorites? Dak being healthy after going 1-3 last year?

Maybe because the FO was clapping up in the war room on draft day, congratulating themselves. I suppose since the defense literally can't get worse, there is a case to be made for optimism. But yes, in terms of the division...not just 1-3 before Dak's injury, but 8-8 the season before, with a healthy Dak, in the worst division in the NFL. Now we're favorites why? Because Dak broke his ankle and then got paid a fortune? Because we are going with the status quo at safety (nothing)? Because we signed zero impact free agents, as usual? This division is a total toss up. If the Commanders had a QB, they would eat our lunch.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe because the FO was clapping up in the war room on draft day, congratulating themselves. I suppose since the defense literally can't get worse, there is a case to be made for optimism. But yes, in terms of the division...not just 1-3 before Dak's injury, but 8-8 the season before, with a healthy Dak, in the worst division in the NFL. Now we're favorites why? Because Dak broke his ankle and then got paid a fortune? Because we are going with the status quo at safety (nothing)? Because we signed zero impact free agents, as usual? This division is a total toss up. If the Commanders had a QB, they would eat our lunch.
But they don't have that QB and it's a QB driven league. They do have a nice team except for that position but that's where the Cowboys have the upper hand. Got to score points to win.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Because many fans on here just want to not give Dallas any credit at being good at anything. They just want to knock everything down. I mean, look, many of these fans rather lose and tank to get a better draft pick. they rather we not make the playoffs. For if it is a possibility, they start screaming, but we will be one on a done, tank, tank, tank.

I would rather make the playoffs, as you never know what will happen. But I guess that is too logical for some. :laugh:

Yeah, but no need to pretend all teams have equivalent chances of succeeding in the playoffs (even if the team makes the playoffs). The strongest teams typically have high point differential over the course of the season, especially vs other good teams (and relatively good health with their best players).

The enormous majority of super bowl winners (and runners up) are top 5 or 6 teams with regards to point differential. Wishing to hit the lotto by not only making the playoffs, but barely making it, being a lesser talented roster and then praying for a miracle seems kinda dumb. Though I would not confuse JJ as football team smart. Guy is brilliant at selling/marketing though.

conner01

Reaction score
Just skimmed the article but it said nothing about compensation the Skins would have to give up. They would lose Young, probably another defensive player, and two 1st round picks.

The Skins’ offensive weapons mentioned don’t impress me.
The 49ers had the comp they could have really used and they said no
I don’t think they trade him now unless they plan to tank
If they wanted to trade him the best time was this draft

Cowfan75

Reaction score
But they don't have that QB and it's a QB driven league. They do have a nice team except for that position but that's where the Cowboys have the upper hand. Got to score points to win.

That's true, but they had no problem scoring points on us last season without a QB. Dak needs to get on the field and prove that he can not only return to form post-injury, but can elevate his play to match his top dollar contract before I say we have the upper hand on the Commanders, or anyone. And of course we need some semblance of a defense, which I'm not convinced we have.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true, but they had no problem scoring points on us last season without a QB. Dak needs to get on the field and prove that he can not only return to form post-injury, but can elevate his play to match his top dollar contract before I say we have the upper hand on the Commanders, or anyone. And of course we need some semblance of a defense, which I'm not convinced we have.
You have a great deal of company in your lack of conviction.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
I don’t think they will give up Young or other players. I think they will gladly give up three 1st round picks and even more picks if necessary.
I think it would take 3 1st rounders and a defensive stud from that dline not named young

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it would take 3 1st rounders and a defensive stud from that dline not named young

My own belief is that the WFT would give up picks, but not their prime players. Giving up the players just makes today's team worse, not better. I think Snyder and Co would give up a ton of draft capital but not weaken their current roster. That's how I see it.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
The 49ers had the comp they could have really used and they said no
I don’t think they trade him now unless they plan to tank
If they wanted to trade him the best time was this draft

Cap-wise, I don’t think they could have traded him until after June 1st.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If he gets traded I don’t think GB trades him to an NFC team. If he ends up in Denver I know I few donkey fanzz that will love football again

conner01

Reaction score
Cap-wise, I don’t think they could have traded him until after June 1st.
Probably June 1st of next year lol
He’s a bit of a prick but they are really stupid to trade up last year to get a QB unless you knew he could play

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Just skimmed the article but it said nothing about compensation the Skins would have to give up. They would lose Young, probably another defensive player, and two 1st round picks.

The Skins’ offensive weapons mentioned don’t impress me.

I had never heard of those weapons in Washington.
But the idea of AR there had a chilling effect on me wee heart.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I say it

why

because we didnt only lose dak we lost 2 levels of OL, used 4 qbs, had zeke not well and injured and WFT all they could do was one game better with us having 17 starters down at one time or another...we played with 2nd string team all year..one game that it that all they could do with DC and eagles having historic injuries' lists? they are so overrated it hurts..sure their defense looks good but also look who they faced dalton, Nooch and gilbert having 3rd string line block and we had no defense at all, ONE GAME they bested us, oh im so scared,,....lmao

id say yes we are the favorites, period..

Dont be scared, ambivalent lad, we shall protect you.

kumizi

Reaction score
Rogers in Washington would make them #1 in power rankings in the entire NFL...not just the East. Can't see it happening though.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rogers in Washington would make them #1 in power rankings in the entire NFL...not just the East. Can't see it happening though.
:lmao:

no it wouldn't not close maybe 4th

KC
TB
top 2 even if that happened..

way overrating that defense and rivera..

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they are already favorites to win the division.

What in the world have we done to say we're the favorites? Dak being healthy after going 1-3 last year?
They barely won a division where every other team was decimated by injury. They arent that good. We lost our QB and most of our OL and we were still in the division race until they last week. Add to that Philadelphia and NY are healthier now, and it doesnt look good for Washington