I would like to see Romo skip probowl

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
NOT because of the fumbled kick... but because he gets SOOOOO ZONED that he is consumed by football and leading this team next year.

Less mistakes and better decisions. Couple that with spending extra quality time with TO and Glenn and the other young WR's (Hurd, Austin etc)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I would like to see your thread-starting abilities to be temporarily taken away for this thread.

;)

AbeBeta

Reaction score
No. I think that being around quality players in HI will be good for him. He's going to take some ribbing but also have guys like Manning and Brees telling him to keep his head up and come out strong next year.

Much better than him sitting around sulking.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
abersonc;1299840 said:
No. I think that being around quality players in HI will be good for him. He's going to take some ribbing but also have guys like Manning and Brees telling him to keep his head up and come out strong next year.

Much better than him sitting around sulking.

True that. Plus, he'll compete in those skills competitions. That should be fun to watch. :)

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
I would like to see Romo earn the Pro Bowl MVP award. But that's just me.

Sancho

Reaction score
he would get lynched if he skips, especially since he's a first year starter. players are voted in and its considered an honor to make it to the pro bowl. you skip that, and you're basically giving the fans, your collegues, and the tradition a middle finger.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;1299855 said:
I would like to see Romo earn the Pro Bowl MVP award. But that's just me.
Wouldn't mind that at all.

And considering the guys who's playing are vet pro bowlers, Romo may very well get the bulk of the work in the game with the chance to redeem himself.

Great way to head into the offseason, IMO.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I just see the over-praise, accolades etc... as being possibly detrimental to his growth.....

Eh... I just want whats best for him and the Cowboys... the ProBowl is the wrong ball.

The ProBowl = nevergonnabe's bowl

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
I think it will be great for Romo, to be around all those great players.

joseephuss

Reaction score
The game is not that important, but getting to hang out with some of the leagues best players is a good thing for a young QB. He gets the chance to talk about what it takes to play at a high level. It is a very good learning experience.

It won't take valuable time away from him and the receivers because the off season program doesn't even start for a while. These guys usually take time off and won't even get together to work out or even throw the ball around until March or so. The Pro-bowl is just one single week, so he can come back and throw balls to Hurd, Austin, Rector and whomever else at some other time.

The Pro-Bowl offers many more benefits to Romo than negatives.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
take your girlfriend with you Tony since she'd better not be getting much QT with you come March.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would like to see Tony Skipping rope...as dreamy as he is already could you imagine him skipping rope.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
YoMick;1299828 said:
NOT because of the fumbled kick... but because he gets SOOOOO ZONED that he is consumed by football and leading this team next year.

Less mistakes and better decisions. Couple that with spending extra quality time with TO and Glenn and the other young WR's (Hurd, Austin etc)

Tell you the truth, I don't think he wants to go.

He will, mind you, but he's pretty torn up as I would be and the last thing I would want to do is go to HI and pretend nothing happened.

I bet he wishes training camp started tomorrow.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BrAinPaiNt;1299949 said:
I would like to see Tony Skipping rope...as dreamy as he is already could you imagine him skipping rope.

Love your work, Jack Handey.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
You guys are missing my point of this thread.

I just want Tony to come in with a FIRE burning in his belly next season. Total focus.

He needs to be the smartest player on the field for us. TOTAL FOCUS.

Being QB of America's Team can be great... too great... he needs to rack up some SB's before he starts enjoying it.... seriously.....

Enjoying it could lead to years of mediocrity.... Forget the Cheese Tony... enjoy Filet Mignon after a SB win...

Win!
Tony!
Win!

joseephuss

Reaction score
YoMick;1299967 said:
You guys are missing my point of this thread.

I just want Tony to come in with a FIRE burning in his belly next season. Total focus.

He needs to be the smartest player on the field for us. TOTAL FOCUS.

Being QB of America's Team can be great... too great... he needs to rack up some SB's before he starts enjoying it.... seriously.....

Enjoying it could lead to years of mediocrity.... Forget the Cheese Tony... enjoy Filet Mignon after a SB win...

Win!
Tony!
Win!

You are right, I am missing your point. One Pro-Bowl game isn't going to his head. Did you see him on Saturday? He wasn't enjoying anything at the end of the game.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
YoMick;1299828 said:

he needs to go and have FUN.... let some probowl players and the experience and the HOFers there rub off on him.

Glenn won't be back (nor Drew hopefully) and TO needs surgery so he needs to unwind, de-tuna and he'll more than ready for camp - whomever is the coach.

joseephuss

Reaction score
chinch;1299991 said:
he needs to go and have FUN.... let some probowl players and the experience and the HOFers there rub off on him.

Glenn won't be back (nor Drew hopefully) and TO needs surgery so he needs to unwind, de-tuna and he'll more than ready for camp - whomever is the coach.

Why won't Glenn be back? I thought he signed an extension. Maybe I missed something.