I would like to see Romo skip probowl

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I'm really curious to see what he does here.

On the one hand, going is an opportunity to starting getting past that horrendous moment in Seattle. Go, answer the questions about it and enjoy the moment and start moving forward. Staying in Dallas and going into hiding doesn't seem all that positive.

On the other hand, I could see how he'd feel completely awkward going to the Pro Bowl and being "happy" in the public eye so soon after botching a play of that magnitude.

It's a rather insignificant event, but I am curious to see if he goes. That bloody finger could always be used an excuse that he's "hurt."

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
chinch;1300408 said:
$5m roster bonus + base.

did you see him do ANYTHING the past 6 games except drop, fumble, drop, tip for INT, fumble/safety?

jerruh is not paying $20 million to two aging WRs with the productivity of patrick crayton.

Yes, let's completely remove both components of one of the few 1,000-yard receiving pairs in the league.

Romo, I'm sure, will be thrilled.

I can already anticipate the threads next off-season should Owens and Glenn no longer be here: "Romo must GO. The guy regressed horribly. What a flash in the pan!"

Romo brings a lot to this team. But he also needs some skilled players around him to perform.

Look what happened to Troy when all his sidekicks started to disappear.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Look guys, do we want Romo to go into a cave somewhere because of that flub? I don't. Let's see that grin at the pro bowl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1299828 said:
NOT because of the fumbled kick... but because he gets SOOOOO ZONED that he is consumed by football and leading this team next year.

Less mistakes and better decisions. Couple that with spending extra quality time with TO and Glenn and the other young WR's (Hurd, Austin etc)

I hope to see him play. I think getting back on the field even in this type of game will be good for him. As for next year there is a lot of time between the Pro Bowl and the start of training camp.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Dale;1300576 said:
Yes, let's completely remove both components of one of the few 1,000-yard receiving pairs in the league.

Romo, I'm sure, will be thrilled.

I can already anticipate the threads next off-season should Owens and Glenn no longer be here: "Romo must GO. The guy regressed horribly. What a flash in the pan!"

Romo brings a lot to this team. But he also needs some skilled players around him to perform.

Look what happened to Troy when all his sidekicks started to disappear.
any qb overtly dependant on Terry "i disappear in Nov/Dec" Glenn has no chance in the league.

Romo has at least two good WR and TEs and MB3. Jeff Garcia did fine with garbage at WR a good TE and good RB:
TO
Jason
Fasano
Crayton
MB3

then there is something called the draft. sorry, sink or swim time and we need some young WRs to step up or at least be given the opportunity.

Reaction score
I think the Pro Bowl will be good for Romo.

Go to Hawaii, have a good time, maybe throw a TD.

That will be good for him to get over Saturday's disaster.

cowboyz

Reaction score
they should arrange a fake fg for him as the holder. then he runs it in and scores :bow:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1299855 said:
I would like to see Romo earn the Pro Bowl MVP award. But that's just me.

Me too.

I'd like for him to put on a show especially since he can't be blitzed. :)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dale;1300570 said:
I'm really curious to see what he does here.

On the one hand, going is an opportunity to starting getting past that horrendous moment in Seattle. Go, answer the questions about it and enjoy the moment and start moving forward. Staying in Dallas and going into hiding doesn't seem all that positive.

On the other hand, I could see how he'd feel completely awkward going to the Pro Bowl and being "happy" in the public eye so soon after botching a play of that magnitude.

It's a rather insignificant event, but I am curious to see if he goes. That bloody finger could always be used an excuse that he's "hurt."

But someone is bound to be a goat in these subsequent playoff games and the Super Bowl.

So it's quite possible that a bigger goat will emerge by the time it's Pro Bowl time.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think everyone at the pro-bowl will sympathise with Romo on the botched hold, but going to the pro bowl will be healing. It's probably a month from now, and by then he will understand that this was essentially his rookie season, he's got much more to do from here.

And players need to get away after the season, just like a harsh job. Just go on vacation, relax, have Adult affairs with the American Idol, then come back in a couple of months and start training and lifting, and practicing with some of your receivers and prepare for training camp, and for a super bowl run next season.

norsseman

Reaction score
Seattle's secondary was very weak, weak corners and safety's with many injuries and sub's filling in, hec one corner just got off the couch, but
romo couldn't take advantage of all this weakness ? ? ?

For the entire season that he as played Parcell's has been using only a limited
number of play's because the designated QB couldn't seem to catch on to the Cowboys play book. As Parcell's said to the media more than once " we have a lot do here!"

In the past Dallas has had great QB's like Roger Stau., Aikman and others and they were solid and absolutely not SHOWBOAT's. It's time to get another QB who can do understudy with Bledsoe leading the way as he did with the Patriot's mentoring and guiding the Patriot QB into one of the top QB's in the NFL along with Drew himself.

I can't believe the excuse's Al Michaels and others have for romo, one the better excuses was that the ball was slick because it was made for kicking and not throwing.. and that's why romo muffed to field goal placement...

We should start looking for another QB and not dump Parcell's. The next
QB should be tall enough to see over his linemen so that he can take advantage of weak secondaries...

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
YoMick;1299828 said:
NOT because of the fumbled kick... but because he gets SOOOOO ZONED that he is consumed by football and leading this team next year.

Less mistakes and better decisions. Couple that with spending extra quality time with TO and Glenn and the other young WR's (Hurd, Austin etc)

If Tony stayed home, he would not be throwing the ball around with TO and Glenn. The probowl is the week after the SB.

TO and the other players dont live at Valley Ranch, most players have homes in other states and are gone until the offseason conditoning program starts. Tony will be like the only guy at the facility the week after the SB. How is that going to help him???

joseephuss

Reaction score
norsseman;1302109 said:
Seattle's secondary was very weak, weak corners and safety's with many injuries and sub's filling in, hec one corner just got off the couch, but
romo couldn't take advantage of all this weakness ? ? ?

For the entire season that he as played Parcell's has been using only a limited
number of play's because the designated QB couldn't seem to catch on to the Cowboys play book. As Parcell's said to the media more than once " we have a lot do here!"

In the past Dallas has had great QB's like Roger Stau., Aikman and others and they were solid and absolutely not SHOWBOAT's. It's time to get another QB who can do understudy with Bledsoe leading the way as he did with the Patriot's mentoring and guiding the Patriot QB into one of the top QB's in the NFL along with Drew himself.

I can't believe the excuse's Al Michaels and others have for romo, one the better excuses was that the ball was slick because it was made for kicking and not throwing.. and that's why romo muffed to field goal placement...

We should start looking for another QB and not dump Parcell's. The next
QB should be tall enough to see over his linemen so that he can take advantage of weak secondaries...

Oh my goodness. Just go away. No one wants Bledsoe and that starts with Parcells. Watch the games, the playbook was not dumbed down. If anything, it was dumbed down for Bledsoe because he couldn't do much. Romo may not be the next great QB in the NFL, but one thing that is easy to see is that he is better than Drew Bledsoe right now. Only an illegitamate child of Drew's craving love and affection from his dad would think otherwise.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
ManicDepressiveMan;1300675 said:
I think the Pro Bowl will be good for Romo.

Go to Hawaii, have a good time, maybe throw a TD.

That will be good for him to get over Saturday's disaster.

I hope they have him hold for FG's.

norsseman

Reaction score
One of many reasons why I don't want to see romo at the Pro Bowl is that I pay my money for cable TV so that I can watch legitimate, solid football, and I don't care for his SHOWBOATING one bit, and I'm sure that the Pro Bowl would be the perfect venue for what romo does best. . .Showboating

Why do people showboat? I figure it is because they feel they have inadequacies and the showboating helps cover up their SHORT comings..

I agree with Mike Ditka in that romo is the biggest SHOWBOATing QB in the NFL.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
norsseman;1302647 said:
Why do people showboat? I figure it is because they feel they have inadequacies and the showboating helps cover up their SHORT comings..

You mean kind of like your posts?

superpunk

Reaction score
norsseman;1302647 said:
One of many reasons why I don't want to see romo at the Pro Bowl is that I pay my money for cable TV so that I can watch legitimate, solid football, and I don't care for his SHOWBOATING one bit, and I'm sure that the Pro Bowl would be the perfect venue for what romo does best. . .Showboating

I agree with Mike Ditka in that romo is the biggest SHOWBOATing QB in the NFL.

ditka.jpg

Mike Ditka agrees; "This is the worst ****ing post I've ever read."