I would like to see Romo skip probowl

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
joseephuss;1299924 said:
The game is not that important, but getting to hang out with some of the leagues best players is a good thing for a young QB. He gets the chance to talk about what it takes to play at a high level. It is a very good learning experience.

It won't take valuable time away from him and the receivers because the off season program doesn't even start for a while. These guys usually take time off and won't even get together to work out or even throw the ball around until March or so. The Pro-bowl is just one single week, so he can come back and throw balls to Hurd, Austin, Rector and whomever else at some other time.

The Pro-Bowl offers many more benefits to Romo than negatives.

Agreed. I think going to the pro bowl for 1991 helped Aikman. It is good for young players to get to hang out with the elite.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Speaking of the Pro Bowl, Lito Sheppard dislocated his elbow yesterday. I'd think that might mean a ticket for Newman.

Tripod

Reaction score
Romo should go. The NFC quarterback situation will never again be as ripe for a marginal pick to get in again.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo to the Pro Bowl
Despite a terrible month, including first-round playoff loss, Tony Romo said he will attend the Pro Bowl.

While sitting in his car, Romo said of the Pro Bowl: "I don't think about that right now but I would imagine I would end up doing that."

Good for Romo, he needs to go. But there are serious questions about his ability to succeed in 2007. He is better than Drew Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, and a few others. (I like Matt Baker's chance to become the No. 1 guy next year)

Romo works hard in the film room and listens to his coaches, but he needs to take fewer chances and make smarter decisions.

Posted by Calvin Watkins at 11:06 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I think it may be the best thing for him.

I wouldn't want the last thing he did on the field this year be that f*^# up.
Yup, The best thing for him and me.

I hate the pro bowl. At least It will make me watch , just to watch T.R. and maybe (with any luck) Carrie will be there.:pray2::shades:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
joseephuss;1299924 said:
The game is not that important, but getting to hang out with some of the leagues best players is a good thing for a young QB. He gets the chance to talk about what it takes to play at a high level. It is a very good learning experience.

It won't take valuable time away from him and the receivers because the off season program doesn't even start for a while. These guys usually take time off and won't even get together to work out or even throw the ball around until March or so. The Pro-bowl is just one single week, so he can come back and throw balls to Hurd, Austin, Rector and whomever else at some other time.

The Pro-Bowl offers many more benefits to Romo than negatives.

:hammer: jus being out in the sun, and away from the doom and gloom will be beneficial

DALLAS D

Reaction score
Let the guy have some fun out there. Even if he doesnt play, He needs to clear his mind a little. He battled till the end. What we saw was no fluke, it doesnt matter if teams found weak points, thats the game. When he focuses he can still throw some sweet pases. Let him have some fun then brush off the turf from his helmet and get back in there next year.

charlieheel

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1300178 said:
Romo to the Pro Bowl
Despite a terrible month, including first-round playoff loss, Tony Romo said he will attend the Pro Bowl.

While sitting in his car, Romo said of the Pro Bowl: "I don't think about that right now but I would imagine I would end up doing that."

Good for Romo, he needs to go. But there are serious questions about his ability to succeed in 2007. He is better than Drew Bledsoe, Quincy Carter, Drew Henson, Chad Hutchinson, and a few others. (I like Matt Baker's chance to become the No. 1 guy next year)

Romo works hard in the film room and listens to his coaches, but he needs to take fewer chances and make smarter decisions.

Posted by Calvin Watkins at 11:06 AM (E-mail this entry) | Comments (0)
This guy loses all creditibilty when he says metions Matt Baker as our #1 next year

alancdc

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1299952 said:
Tell you the truth, I don't think he wants to go.

He will, mind you, but he's pretty torn up as I would be and the last thing I would want to do is go to HI and pretend nothing happened.

I bet he wishes training camp started tomorrow.

Right on man!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
joseephuss;1300018 said:
Why won't Glenn be back? I thought he signed an extension. Maybe I missed something.
$5m roster bonus + base.

did you see him do ANYTHING the past 6 games except drop, fumble, drop, tip for INT, fumble/safety?

jerruh is not paying $20 million to two aging WRs with the productivity of patrick crayton.

Jay

Reaction score
Matt Baker as our #1 next year? Whaaaaat?

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;1299952 said:
Tell you the truth, I don't think he wants to go.

He will, mind you, but he's pretty torn up as I would be and the last thing I would want to do is go to HI and pretend nothing happened.

I bet he wishes training camp started tomorrow.

I'll bet the team that loses the Super Bowl will be pretty torn up and feeling bad too, but I'll bet the Pro Bowl players from that team will go to the game. Losing, even losing in heartbreaking fashion and being the goat, is part of playing football. Bouncing back is even more important. If Romo is to be a winner, and I think he is, he can only wallow in defeat for so long.

gollum

Reaction score
Something I've been thinking about is will Romo hold for the XP and FGs? He's got to be dreading that! He's damned if he handles them spotless(why couldn't he do that in our last game) and if he happens to bobble one, he will only cement his last reputation as a choke artist. I for one, don't view him that way, but I know there are a lot of cliffjumpers in here who do.

Next year, McBriar or someone else will be holding guarranteed. Not because they are better, but because we don't need our starting QB doing it.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
gollum;1300508 said:
Next year, McBriar or someone else will be holding guarranteed. Not because they are better, but because we don't need our starting QB doing it.

I am not so sure about that... solves nothing.... then someone else fumbles ball and they say Romo should have been doing it...

alancdc

Reaction score
YoMick;1300518 said:
I am not so sure about that... solves nothing.... then someone else fumbles ball and they say Romo should have been doing it...

Oh can't you imagine if we HAD changed holders, and THEY had botched the hold!!!!! Today some would be wondering how in the world could we change holders in the middle of the season. No win situation. The guy had the ball, that incidentally looked like it was dipped into the KY Jelly wrestiling ring in the movie Old School where Old Blue finally met his match, and it slipped out of his hands.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
alancdc;1300533 said:
Oh can't you imagine if we HAD changed holders, and THEY had botched the hold!!!!! Today some would be wondering how in the world could we change holders in the middle of the season. No win situation. The guy had the ball, that incidentally looked like it was dipped into the KY Jelly wrestiling ring in the movie Old School where Old Blue finally met his match, and it slipped out of his hands.

Ok.... let me ask you... seriously.....I have seen a few replays... he seems to catch it horizontally coming in as it should... its when he goes vertically that is slips down out of his grasp..... is that right? or did I miss something. Seems like a catch initially then slips out as he goes to place ball down

alancdc

Reaction score
YoMick;1300537 said:
Ok.... let me ask you... seriously.....I have seen a few replays... he seems to catch it horizontally coming in as it should... its when he goes vertically that is slips down out of his grasp..... is that right? or did I miss something. Seems like a catch initially then slips out as he goes to place ball down

Absolutely, he caught it, and as he is lowering it with 2 hands it slips out. Right on.