I would love it if the Cowboys didn't draft until Friday

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Which means we'd be acquiring extra ammo to get players to fill in roster spots we didn't fill in free agency. This is the cheaper option than the expensive route. Remember you build your team through the draft, NOT in free agency!
24th pick to Washington for their two second round picks.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I keep saying this, quality over quantity. Five scrubs < three scrubs and two starters. Get the best offensive lineman in round one and either a RB or LB in round two. There is no need to trade down and possibly get no one who contributes this season. Don’t over complicate this…..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which may be true, but we've lost a lot of players that we have to replace, we're counting on a lot of guys who didn't play much last season, so what's really the difference???

Hell i'd rather have a 2-7 round bust than a 1st round bust lol
Better fill them holes with vets that get released after the draft lol.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trading down you are less likely to land a starter.
Trading down is so much smarter than over drafting. There are RB's, OL's, WR's, LB's all available later that shouldn't be taken in the 1st round.

There is no chance the Cowboys have anything close to 24 players with 1st round grades also.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Which means we'd be acquiring extra ammo to get players to fill in roster spots we didn't fill in free agency. This is the cheaper option than the expensive route. Remember you build your team through the draft, NOT in free agency!
Not opposed to trading down, if we did that we likely end up with 2 2nds and 2 1sts next year.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
24th pick to Washington for their two second round picks.
I wish! Our first for their lower second (#40 overall) and their third (#67 overall) is almost even according to the draft value chart. Not sure that's a good trade for Dallas though.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Jerry HYPINGUP a 1st Round Draft Party...then trades out of the 1st round.

that would be a perfect way to keep this disappointing off-season rolling.

wE0NHKr.jpg

Reid1boys

Reaction score
and what happens if the team that drafts in the spot the Cowboys would have drafted in on Thursday drafts the next Zach Martin, and we get 2 additional picks and draft Bobby Carpenter and Taco Charlton with those 2 additional picks? How would that extra ammo have worked out?

Chasing6

Reaction score

wE0NHKr.jpg
Sounds familiar. Hyping up a first round playoff win party and disappearing on the field.

Try leaderships starts at the top.

Carson

Reaction score

wE0NHKr.jpg
Still better than drafting Tyler Guyton at 24

Reid1boys

Reaction score

wE0NHKr.jpg
You all just need to live life a little and enjoy things. If I lived anywhere near the Star, I can promise you I would be sitting out there enjoying the hell out of the draft day. I dont even follow college football in the slightest, so at pick 24 I wont be able to even tell you who the player we draft is, if they are good or bad. So it will simply be about having a good time with others knowing football is getting started again. But we all know what will happen, as soon as we draft a player, or trade the pick, there will be plenty of people in here saying how the pick sucks, or how we were fools for trading the pick or what we got for the pick sucked and we could/should have gotten more, followed by our front office stinks, followed by Jerry is delusional and on and on and on.

Happy Draft Day.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Well, Coog we should all blame the CBA for the contractual restrictions and short term to a return on investment.
Meaning that it's to the point now and has been that contracts run out quick in this league and you better find out asap what you have in your rooks.
Parcells used to say 3 years and done if you don't bother to show up.
That term is probably reduced a bit now, this roster needed a churning badly, in the worst way.
They need to contribute or at least show something inspiring or get out of the way.
agreed which is why we need all the players we can get, not saying they're all going to turn out to be great, but why get one when you can get a few more especially in the top 100

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I keep saying this, quality over quantity. Five scrubs < three scrubs and two starters. Get the best offensive lineman in round one and either a RB or LB in round two. There is no need to trade down and possibly get no one who contributes this season. Don’t over complicate this…..
the whole point of doing this is to get guys who can contribute this year

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys won't have 24 players with 1st round grades. Trading down to get more future starters at C, LB, RB, WR.....makes much more sense.

If you don't trade down, you are over drafting and that isn't smart or the way to work the draft.

Brax

Reaction score
Exactly. Trading away from talent because you want to get cute is not the way to go.
The sad part is if good talent is there and Jerry doesn’t feel it’s a need and of course the strange draft board rankings he uses there’s no telling what he will do he did trade down when MP was available so his board had him lower. If who Jerry wants isn’t there then anything can happen