I would love to see Crawford go

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
unfotunatly gonna have to wait a year. This guy eats up a bunch of money and isn't a fit for any position along the line. He was signed by the smarts to be the next best 3 tech and since then he's been kicked outside and produces nothing but meaningless ineffective hurries. Can't wait to see him go.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I view Crawford as a symptom of the plague that has infested us with regards to undervaluing the defensive line, you seem the same stupid stuff with regards to safety.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’ve never seen so many people complain about money that’s not theirs. Dez, Crawford, Tank etc...

They complain because it directly impacts the quality of other players that the team can afford to sign. Therefore, players salaries have a direct impact on the quality of the team and its ability to win. That is why fans care about salaries.

It is an important part of every sport that has a salary cap. NBA fans worry about salaries, and NHL fans also worry about salaries because it directly affects their teams success.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’ve never seen so many people complain about money that’s not theirs. Dez, Crawford, Tank etc...
It effects the Cowboys chances of winning a super bowl, and I'd assume that's pretty important to most of us considering we're on a Dallas Cowboys forum. So yeah, complaining about filling high %'s of the cap with JAGs should cause concern.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They complain because it directly impacts the quality of other players that the team can afford to sign. Therefore, players salaries have a direct impact on the quality of the team and its ability to win. That is why fans care about salaries.

It is an important part of every sport that has a salary cap. NBA fans worry about salaries, and NHL fans also worry about salaries because it directly affects their teams success.

They haven’t paid attention to the shift in philosophy by this Franchise. They have chosen NOT sign more expensive players. This notion that it impacts them has been debunked over and over again.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It effects the Cowboys chances of winning a super bowl, and I'd assume that's pretty important to most of us considering we're on a Dallas Cowboys forum. So yeah, complaining about filling high %'s of the cap with JAGs should cause concern.

Who did the Cowboys want to sign that would put them over the top to win a super bowl that they couldn’t afford?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Does it actually though? They were able to make an offer to Watkins in the 10 figure range. They have signed 2 OL, 2 WR, a LB, a DE, and resigned everyone but Hitchens worth resigning.

HungryLion

Reaction score
They haven’t paid attention to the shift in philosophy by this Franchise. They have chosen NOT sign more expensive players. This notion that it impacts them has been debunked over and over again.

Overpaying players for their value to the team DOES impact the team. No matter what their philosophy is.

You say they have chosen to not sign more expensive players and that’s fine. But that’s also relative to how much money is also assigned to the salary cap.

Meanwhile last off season they let a guy like Barry church walk, due to salary demands. Our safety play sucked last year and Tyrone Crawford was overpaid to be a JAG.

Again, player salaries do matter and they’re important. A JAG being overpaid does impact decisions the front office has to make going forward.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Overpaying players for their value to the team DOES impact the team. No matter what their philosophy is.

You say they have chosen to not sign more expensive players and that’s fine. But that’s also relative to how much money is also assigned to the salary cap.

Meanwhile last off season they let a guy like Barry church walk, due to salary demands. Our safety play sucked last year and Tyrone Crawford was overpaid to be a JAG.

Again, player salaries do matter and they’re important. A JAG being overpaid does impact decisions the front office has to make going forward.

I think the front office knows a bit more about the cap, players they want to sign, and how they want to spend their money.

I can’t remember over the last 10 years the cap impacting Dallas wanting to sign a player.

Sydla

Reaction score

They tried to sign Watkins. He would have been an expensive player.

I think their "plan" is somewhat dictated by the fact they are consistently up against the cap. If they had say $50MM in cap space without having to restructure guys, etc., you think they would have still not signed an expensive player or two? Of course they would have.

They certainly could create space to sign guys if they wanted but I suspect Stephen is fearful of the constant kicking the can down the road if they mas restructure guys to create a ton of space.

But I have little doubt if they had a ton of free space, they'd buy some pricey FAs.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Crawford gets way too much crap from this fan base. He may not be worth his full salary, but he’s been worth more than what a lot of you cares to admit. He’s been moved around more than an army brat since he signed his deal and played pretty well wherever they need him to go. He may get pushed off next year, but he isn’t just some scrub like so many seem to make him out to be.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
They tried to sign Watkins. He would have been an expensive player.

I think their "plan" is somewhat dictated by the fact they are consistently up against the cap. If they had say $50MM in cap space without having to restructure guys, etc., you think they would have still not signed an expensive player or two? Of course they would have.

They certainly could create space to sign guys if they wanted but I suspect Stephen is fearful of the constant kicking the can down the road if they mas restructure guys to create a ton of space.

But I have little doubt if they had a ton of free space, they'd buy some pricey FAs.

They didn’t want to pay him 16 million a year. It’s not because they couldn’t. Watkins was over paid for his production. Hmmm wait people complaining about Dallas paying for underproducing players didn’t want to overpay for a guy whose production didn’t warrant 16 million a year...

You couldn’t make this up if you tried. The irony.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
$10 million for solid depth....smh....even $3-4mill for solid depth is robbery

Which is why I said I would like to keep him at the right price and that the price would have to reflect his role.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Crawford gets way too much crap from this fan base. He may not be worth his full salary, but he’s been worth more than what a lot of you cares to admit. He’s been moved around more than an army brat since he signed his deal and played pretty well wherever they need him to go. He may get pushed off next year, but he isn’t just some scrub like so many seem to make him out to be.
Yes he is hence the reason he's been moved around so much. It's because players are playing better than him at each of those positions and last year he started to lose reps to taco as a rookie. He's not good. He's just average.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Which is why I said I would like to keep him at the right price and that the price would have to reflect his role.
No I know what you were saying I just hate that is what it's become. And we know he isn't going to take an $8milll pay cut.

Sydla

Reaction score
They didn’t want to pay him 16 million a year. It’s not because they couldn’t. Watkins was over paid for his production. Hmmm wait people complaining about Dallas paying for underproducing players didn’t want to overpay for a guy whose production didn’t warrant 16 million a year...

You couldn’t make this up if you tried. The irony.

Who said I was complaining that they didn't pay for Watkins? In fact, I've argued multiple times in other threads that would have been a big mistake.

My only point was you said their organization philosophy is now not to sign pricey FAs but this very offseason they tried to sign a pricey FA.

How did you miss that basic point?