I would love to see Crawford go

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Why? You can’t spout off numbers and what you “feel” is highway robbery unless you know what market value is for good solid depth with position flex.
Is good solid depth $10 mill? Is it $5mill? Is he going to take a $6 mill pay cut? The answer to all is NO, so it doesn't matter which makes your whole argue ENT pointless. Is Dez going to take $7mill less a year, no so there's no point to saying it. Do you understand now? Prob not

Sydla

Reaction score
Dallas wanted to sign Watkins but not for 16 million a year how is that so hard to understand? Hence the not wanting to buy expensive FA. How does that undercut my facts?

Nobody thought Watkins would command that kind of coin in FA this year.

What?

OK so they didn't want to pay $16MM. But they apparently made a sizeable offer to him. So yeah, they tried to sign a pricey FA this offseason which would undercut the statement that their philosophy is to not sign pricey FAs. Wait, are you trying to argue they didn't make a significant offer to him and instead offering him some piddly deal?

Again, this isn't that hard to follow.

robbieruff

Reaction score
I’ve never seen so many people complain about money that’s not theirs. Dez, Crawford, Tank etc...
Whom/what do u think pays their salaries other than the fans? We stop buying and we stop watching and bye bye dinero. Complain away!!!

But I hear ya ;)

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Yet you claim I’m the one drinking Jerry’s Kool Aid. When in fact the poster clearly stated DEPTH. Follow along
So you're saying we should pay backups 9 mil a year. Got it. I'm saying Position flex should be a backup's trait. Not a starter's. A guy further down the depth chart to fill in for injuries.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Is good solid depth $10 mill? Is it $5mill? Is he going to take a $6 mill pay cut? The answer to all is NO, so it doesn't matter which makes your whole argue ENT pointless. Is Dez going to take $7mill less a year, no so there's no point to saying it. Do you understand now? Prob not

I don’t know what good depth cost as I haven’t studied market value, and how the club precieves depth value. How could I possibly answer that question? You’re arguing about how someone spends THIER money.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We've been trying to find a player as good as Crawford for years, and we've only found one. Lawrence.

Tell us again how we can find someone comparable in the 3rd round, if its that easy for you get the FO on the phone immediately

And lmao at Collins "taking his job from him", what a misinformed post.
He's been pushed outside by Collins and then by Irving. He only started last season cause taco was a rookie and he started loosing snaps to him at the end of last year and was used as a rotation guy mostly at the end of the year but some on here like you just like to argue.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Whom/what do u think pays their salaries other than the fans? We stop buying and we stop watching and bye bye dinero. Complain away!!!

But I hear ya ;)

I’m not the one complaining about how someone else spends their money.

How silly does that sound? Oh no they didn’t spend their money how I want them to, so I’m gonna quit watching. o_O

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I don’t know what good depth cost as I haven’t studied market value, and how the club precieves depth value. How could I possibly answer that question? You’re arguing about how someone spends THIER money.
Listen you seem pretty simple. I'm a Yankees fan and I don't care how they spend their money cause it doesn't matter. Always have said that cause they have no cap. The cowboys have a cap. If they didn't I wouldn't care. So it does matter how they spend their money cause it effects my team from signing others. Are you for real? Why the hell do I have to sit here and explain this to you?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
No, he's not, nor should he. It's not his fault the Cowboys gave him that deal. He must have been giddy. I think fans often complain too much about contracts, but that one left me scratching my head. Crawford had not earned that kind of money when they gave him that contract.
It's not his fault the cowboys gave him that contract you said and then you said us fans shouldn't complain. That's moronic

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
So you're saying we should pay backups 9 mil a year. Got it. I'm saying Position flex should be a backup's trait. Not a starter's. A guy further down the depth chart to fill in for injuries.

Hmm where did I say that? I asked what is market value? So starters shouldn’t be able to play multiple positions?

waldoputty

Reaction score
unfotunatly gonna have to wait a year. This guy eats up a bunch of money and isn't a fit for any position along the line. He was signed by the smarts to be the next best 3 tech and since then he's been kicked outside and produces nothing but meaningless ineffective hurries. Can't wait to see him go.

he could be a june 1st - and his cap hit would only be $3.65M, against his 6m base salary, that would result in a savings of ~$1.9M factoring replacing him with a rookie minimum salary.

question is what do we have this year without him.
i would say that is too light
look at what we would have left:
dt - collins, irving, neal, price, rookie (probable)
de - dlaw, taco, tapper (injured again?), ealy

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Listen you seem pretty simple. I'm a Yankees fan and I don't care how they spend their money cause it doesn't matter. Always have said that cause they have no cap. The cowboys have a cap. If they didn't I wouldn't care. So it does matter how they spend their money cause it effects my team from signing others. Are you for real? Why the hell do I have to sit here and explain this to you?

The cap has zero impact on what they’re doing right now.

Why should you explain it? You created a thread about it.

BlindFaith

Reaction score

Andre Branch averages 8 mill a year. Ever heard of him?
Derek Wolfe averages 9.175 a year. Would you rather have him?
Olivier Vernon averages 17 mill a year. Crawford is getting half of that.

Getting a very solid DE against the run and adequate, at this point, against the pass for 9 mill a year is not a bad deal. Especially since he can also kick inside.

garyv

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens Cap wise if we cut Crawford ?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If you've given this organization your hard earned money for a number of years. You don't think we can criticize their spending when they haven't put a good product on the field in over 20 years.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Andre Branch averages 8 mill a year. Ever heard of him?
Derek Wolfe averages 9.175 a year. Would you rather have him?
Olivier Vernon averages 17 mill a year. Crawford is getting half of that.

Getting a very solid DE against the run and adequate, at this point, against the pass for 9 mill a year is not a bad deal. Especially since he can also kick inside.

I’m not banging on Crawford the player or what he makes. Read all of my replies and you proved the point I was getting at. Thank you for that! Good data

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not his fault the cowboys gave him that contract you said and then you said us fans shouldn't complain. That's moronic

You need to re-read. I didn't say fans shouldn't complain, I said I often think fans complain too much about contracts, (which is not specific to Crawford) but in the case of Crawford I was scratching my head myself. I set out the Crawford contract as an exception

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Hmm where did I say that? I asked what is market value? So starters shouldn’t be able to play multiple positions?
They should not be compensated for position flex And shouldn't be looked at as a positive trait. Market for a rotational d lineman is probably 4-5 million maybe. The market will be skewed in his favor because he plays DE which brings more money but he doesn't give the pass rush ability of a DE. The FO messed up and this will be his last year with us.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hqdefault.jpg

Crawford is the DEBIL!