I would love to see Crawford go

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
But then what you need to do and go find similar players and see what they are paid.

Crawford is not grossly over paid for what he brings to this team.
He is the 43rd highest paid DL at the incorrect 9m per year number

At the 7.6m he is 51st

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He did receive a 5 year 45 mil extension which equates to 9 mil a year. just sayin

I do appreciate your fact based post(s) so don't take my rebuttal negatively

That is not relevant to the cost to keep him. The cost to keep him is 6M.

Everything else is a retrospective cost (commonly called a Sunk Cost).

There would have been an acquisition cost to replace him with a free agent. They might have found a better player in free agency for the same 6M but it would require guaranteed money to acquire the free agent; whereas the cost to keep Crawford is a 6M.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes the defense giving up 33 points is great because they made 1 play. Which granted was a huge hell of a play at the most opportune time. But looking past all the other awful defensive stats for 1 play is a little misleading, no?
Philly's D was better than NE's D, and that was a huge factor in the game. Philly at least harrassed Brady and hit him a few times. Foles was having a cup of coffee every time he dropped back.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Philly's D was better than NE's D, and that was a huge factor in the game. Philly at least harrassed Brady and hit him a few times. Foles was having a cup of coffee every time he dropped back.
I like you more not as a mod. Btw a little secret im the original BGeezy from the old site.

kskboys

Reaction score
I like you more not as a mod. Btw a little secret im the original BGeezy from the old site.
It's more fun not being a mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only accepted the mod position in the first place because more order needed to be established at the time. I'm not the power hungry type in any shape, form, or fashion, I was just trying to make the site a better place. It was, however, a very interesting
view from the other side, and the psychological observations were amazing. Some posters were actually afraid of me!!!!!!! I found that fascinating, how some have such a resentment/fear of authority that they have negative feelings toward a frickin' hall monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

I only accepted the mod position in the first place because more order needed to be established at the time. I'm not the power hungry type in any shape, form, or fashion, I was just trying to make the site a better place. It was, however, a very interesting
view from the other side, and the psychological observations were amazing. Some posters were actually afraid of me!!!!!!! I found that fascinating, how some have such a resentment/fear of authority that they have negative feelings toward a frickin' hall monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's all g we didn't have too many problems. Now oldschoolbum I can't stand that dude. Mod or no mod. Where is that bum anyway? @oldschoolfan

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
They complain because it directly impacts the quality of other players that the team can afford to sign. Therefore, players salaries have a direct impact on the quality of the team and its ability to win. That is why fans care about salaries.

It is an important part of every sport that has a salary cap. NBA fans worry about salaries, and NHL fans also worry about salaries because it directly affects their teams success.

He obviously doesn't understand that salary cap.

The Natural

Reaction score
The Orlando Scandrick of defensive linemen. A jag you could easily replace but keep him around because he's a "trooper". Hell, weren't both of them captains last year.

cern

Reaction score
I like Crawford. i'd like him twice as much if he played for half his salary.

cern

Reaction score

starhart didn't like you. but i'm sure you got over it.:):)

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yes he is hence the reason he's been moved around so much. It's because players are playing better than him at each of those positions and last year he started to lose reps to taco as a rookie. He's not good. He's just average.

This, if you are even good not great at your position you dont get move all around. You stay at that position.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Crawford, Witten, Dez. These are the 3 main cogs that are either holding up development of other players or draining the cap with production that doesnt suit the salary. All 3 need to go. Holding onto the past at the expense of the future will never sit well for me. I was the same way with Romo, Emmitt, Aikman ect....ect......
Cracks me up, and I agree about those guys. But as far as holding on to the past, Dez and Witten great things. But frankly Crawford cantcbe mentioned with those two. With him it's more like holding on to hope.

kskboys

Reaction score
starhart didn't like you. but i'm sure you got over it.:):)
That's because when I had to correct posters, I didn't pay any attention whatsoever to what little clique they belonged to. An attack is still an attack, even if the attackee is an idiot.

kskboys

Reaction score
Cracks me up, and I agree about those guys. But as far as holding on to the past, Dez and Witten great things. But frankly Crawford cantcbe mentioned with those two. With him it's more like holding on to hope.
Due to the position being DL, Craws is much more valuable than WR's and TE's. A DL who can come in and play w/o much dropoff from the starter so the starter is fresh in the 4th is extremely valuable. WR's and TE's can play the whole game and shouldn't have any dropoff in the 4th.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I like Crawford. i'd like him twice as much if he played for half his salary.
Why do you care?

You didn't want to give him more when he was over-producing for 600k

His salary of 6m is outside the Top 50 DL....... how far should a 4 year starter that plays 63% of the snaps fall to satisfy your comfort level?