I would love to see Crawford go

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Hitchcock is a big problem for them, if they don't move on then something is very wrong, he's an old school coach trying to teach a new man's game. I'm not a true "professional" by any means but I have coached and scouted professionally for a few years now (not in the NHL or anything like that mind you) but if you can't adjust then you will struggle, and he hasn't changed since 1999.

(Sorry for bringing this off-topic)

He is pretty old school. And just has this, I know it all so just deal with it, attitude.

Id like to see hockey change. More ice. More space behind the net. Maybe bigger nets.

Let them skate and show off their skills. I used to think I watched less because there was less fighting. But I think it's really just that there are more guys that can really move and do great things with the puck, but there just doesn't seem to be enough room.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
unfotunatly gonna have to wait a year. This guy eats up a bunch of money and isn't a fit for any position along the line. He was signed by the smarts to be the next best 3 tech and since then he's been kicked outside and produces nothing but meaningless ineffective hurries. Can't wait to see him go.

People like to prove they don't know much when they continually call Crawford worthless.

Over paid is not the same as worthless.

If the Cowboys would have had a backup OT that was good enough last season, I wouldn't care if he was over paid.

Crawford was #2 in Bob Sturm's splash plays metric over the past three years. He plays the run better than most DEs and he does get pressure.

His salary 6M this season which makes him a little over paid but he was likely get at least 3M in free agency. It would require guaranteed money to sign a replacement: whereas, his contract can be considered 1-year, 6M.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
People like to prove they don't know much when they continually call Crawford worthless.

If the Cowboys would have had a backup OT that was good enough last season, I wouldn't care if he was over paid.

Crawford was #2 in Bob Sturm's splash plays metric over the past three years. He plays the run better than most DEs and he does get pressure.

His salary 6M this season which makes him a little over paid but he was likely get at least 3M in free agency. It would require guaranteed money to sign a replacement: whereas, his contract can be considered 1-year, 6M.

I'm really surprised at how many dallas fans think Crawford is getting cut. It makes 0 sense to cut him now. They would pretty much be paying like 7 mil to cut him from what I see.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm really surprised at how many dallas fans think Crawford is getting cut. It makes 0 sense to cut him now. They would pretty much be paying like 7 mil to cut him from what I see.

I agree that it's not a high probability that he gets cut.

In regards to the cap, dead-money is money that has already been paid to the player. If cut he gets paid zero by the Cowboys this year. Dead-money hits the cap without or without the player on the roster. The difference is that it's called prorated money when the player is on the roster and dead-money if he is off the roster. The total amount is exactly the same.

For the team's decision criteria it just looks like a 1-year, 6M contract (i.e. Do they want to pay him 6M to stay or zero to move on).

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I agree that it's not a high probability that he gets cut.

In regards to the cap, dead-money is money that has already been paid to the player. If cut he gets paid zero by the Cowboys this year. Dead-money hits the cap without or without the player on the roster. The difference is that it's called prorated money when the player is on the roster and dead-money if he is off the roster. The total amount is exactly the same.

For the team's decision criteria it just looks like a 1-year, 6M contract (i.e. Do they want to pay him 6M to stay or zero to move on).

Then I don't get why I've seen a lot of people say it only saves around 1-2 mil to cut him. Now if it saves them 6-8 mil I could see it as a lot more likely to happen.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

First of you are one of the most annoying and lazy people on this site. See problem with your kind is you come to argue with fallacy. He isn't getting paid 6M this season, it's over 9M. So he is extremely overpaid. 3 times overpaid your original value. We just signed Kony Ealy who is another JAG who could easily give the same production that we've gotten from Crawford and it will only cost the league min or a little more.

A backup LT or (swing tackle) as you like to put it cause it makes it sound cheaper is ridiculously more important than a backup defensive lineman at any position. Again, this guy that was signed to a huge 10M a year deal to be the teams always important DT3 Tech has been kicked outside by another 3rd rounder in Malik Collins. Then he lost playing time to a rookie and a real DE in Taco later in the season. Guys a JAG. A JAG getting grossly overpaid.

Now who the **** is Bob Sturm and what the **** is a splash play metric. Sounds like a made up judgement thing to me, and if this guy is a Cowboys homer and apologist like you chances are he's just spewing **** at you. Who was #1 on his "splash play metric", Jaylon Smith?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of you are one of the most annoying and lazy people on this site. See problem with your kind is you come to argue with fallacy. He isn't getting paid 6M this season, it's over 9M. So he is extremely overpaid. 3 times overpaid your original value. We just signed Kony Ealy who is another JAG who could easily give the same production that we've gotten from Crawford and it will only cost the league min or a little more.

A backup LT or (swing tackle) as you like to put it cause it makes it sound cheaper is ridiculously more important than a backup defensive lineman at any position. Again, this guy that was signed to a huge 10M a year deal to be the teams always important DT3 Tech has been kicked outside by another 3rd rounder in Malik Collins. Then he lost playing time to a rookie and a real DE in Taco later in the season. Guys a JAG. A JAG getting grossly overpaid.

Now who the **** is Bob Sturm and what the **** is a splash play metric. Sounds like a made up judgement thing to me, and if this guy is a Cowboys homer and apologist like you chances are he's just spewing **** at you. Who was #1 on his "splash play metric", Jaylon Smith?
Wrong. He is getting paid 6M this season if he stays. The 9M number is cap hit, not what he gets paid.

You don't understand the cap.

You post here but have never heard of Bob Sturm. You have a complete lack of awareness.

You don't like my post(s) because I point out facts that don't support your agenda.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Has anyone whined about the price the Cowboys pay for electricity per kilowatt hour yet?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then I don't get why I've seen a lot of people say it only saves around 1-2 mil to cut him. Now if it saves them 6-8 mil I could see it as a lot more likely to happen.
It's a long explanation but I'll give the short version.

If cut before the 2018 season:
2018: Save 2M
2019: Save 4M

They can restructure another contract to create 4M of cap space in 2018 by pushing that 4M into a 2019 cap hit of 4M.

The extra 4M in 2019 form cutting Crawford pays for the 4M from the other contract that was pushed into 2019 for a break even result.

The net result is 6M extra cap space in 2018 and zero change to the 2019 cap space.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It's a long explanation but I'll give the short version.

If cut before the 2018 season:
2018: Save 2M
2019: Save 4M

They can restructure another contract to create 4M of cap space in 2018 by pushing that 4M into a 2019 cap hit of 4M.

The extra 4M in 2019 form cutting Crawford pays for the 4M from the other contract that was pushed into 2019 for a break even result.

The net result is 6M extra cap space in 2018 and zero change to the 2019 cap space.
How much do we save if we just cut everyone?

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Wrong. He is getting paid 6M this season if he stays. The 9M number is cap hit, not what he gets paid.

You don't understand the cap.

You post here but have never heard of Bob Sturm. You have a complete lack of awareness.

You don't like my post(s) because I point out facts that don't support your agenda.

Are you for real? Are you really that simple?

Who the hell would care what he's getting paid? The only thing that matters is the CAP HIT! Doesn't matter if he's getting paid $100,000 for next year it's the 9.1M cap hit. The most important thing is the cap hit and the dead money and everyone with a 10 cent+ brain knows that. There is ZERO chance this guy plays for us next year and everyone knows that too and if you or anyone else cares to prove me wrong I got a paypal account open for deposits.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you for real? Are you really that simple?

Who the hell would care what he's getting paid? The only thing that matters is the CAP HIT! Doesn't matter if he's getting paid $100,000 for next year it's the 9.1M cap hit. The most important thing is the cap hit and the dead money and everyone with a 10 cent+ brain knows that. There is ZERO chance this guy plays for us next year and everyone knows that too and if you or anyone else cares to prove me wrong I got a paypal account open for deposits.
Again you don't understand how the cap works.

The money above 6M is not relevant to whether he stays or gets cut because that is for money that was paid to the player in past years and will hit the cap with or without him on the team.

The cost to keep him is 6M. That is the only number that matters in regards to the decision to keep or cut him.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Again you don't understand how the cap works.

The money above 6M is not relevant to whether he stays or gets cut because that is for money that was paid to the player in past years and will hit the cap with or without him on the team.

The cost to keep him is 6M. That is the only number that matters in regards to the decision to keep or cut him.

OMG, you can't be serious. I hope you're not and if you are I hope you get back on the meds. I can't anymore. Please tell me you're kidding.

Tyrone Crawford signed a 5 year, $45,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $24,675,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,000,000. In 2018, Crawford will earn a base salary of $6,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,100,000 and a dead cap value of $7,300,000.

Only numbers that matter.

See spot run. xwalker, "who?"

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
They complain because it directly impacts the quality of other players that the team can afford to sign. Therefore, players salaries have a direct impact on the quality of the team and its ability to win. That is why fans care about salaries.

It is an important part of every sport that has a salary cap. NBA fans worry about salaries, and NHL fans also worry about salaries because it directly affects their teams success.

I’ve never seen so many people complain about money that’s not theirs. Dez, Crawford, Tank etc...

cowboystar88 getting more than twice as many likes as dakpresgoat tells us all we need to know about the IQ of our country. It's what holds us back as a human race.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OMG, you can't be serious. I hope you're not and if you are I hope you get back on the meds. I can't anymore. Please tell me you're kidding.

Tyrone Crawford signed a 5 year, $45,000,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $10,000,000 signing bonus, $24,675,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,000,000. In 2018, Crawford will earn a base salary of $6,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $9,100,000 and a dead cap value of $7,300,000.

Only numbers that matter.

See spot run. xwalker, "who?"

Those numbers are not relevant to the decision to cut or keep him. Only the 6M number is relevant to the decision. All of the money over 6M has already been spent.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Those numbers are not relevant to the decision to cut or keep him. Only the 6M number is relevant to the decision. All of the money over 6M has already been spent.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

George Carlin

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It's a capped league. Managing cap is what the league is all about.
I dont want to offend anyone by sounding optimistic but we are getting better at cap control next season and the season after we are in good shape sorry if this does not meet proper whine protocol