I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
So you got lucky with Micah and Lamb and the objective is to pray you get lucky again?

jwitten82

Reaction score
Anything less than a first for Lamb would be dumb to take, but you cant let these guys go

Jipper

Reaction score
Make it make sense man lol.

TRADE YOUR BEST PLAYERS AND HOPE YOU FIND JUST AS GOOD PLAYERS!

its not that simple - its trade your best players for substantially more picks / higher picks than what they initially cost you after you have extracted as much rookie value as possible and add in more top level potential players at the rookie wage scale.

We have to stop thinking about it in terms of paying guys for their second contract and more in terms of how do you get the most value out of them for the franchise. if you could get 3 1sts for Micha and a couple of 1sts for Ceedee and you went into the next 3 seasons with 2-3 1st round picks each year, that gives you a ton to build around.

The problem with these bloated contracts is you cant have 3 players on the team taking up 60% of the cap space and still be able to field a contender...eventually the cracks in depth show.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Ok. Good luck replacing them.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I totally disagree with your take. Side not every team in the league would give you a second and third round pick for a top 3 receiver in the league and laugh at your GM skills. You sound like YouTuber Downey who thinks he could win a Super Bowl if he was the Cowboys GM.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
This post reeks of narcissism. Assuming motives and applying those assumptions as if they were true, aka gaslighting.

As if there were no other possible reasons why one would suggest trading assets for a high value return.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This post reeks of narcissism. Assuming motives and applying those assumptions as if they were true, aka gaslighting.

As if there were no other possible reasons why one would suggest trading assets for a high value return.
What motive do I assume and for whom? I said it read like that mind you.

I do like the tit for tat.

Carson

Reaction score
LA does it. Philly does it. KC had to let Hill walk. You can churn rosters to great effect in this league. We just don’t have a front office with the expertise and vision to do it.
Those teams trade good players but still have a ton of great players

Chiefs traded Hill, Snead etc. But still have elite talent in Mahomes, Kelce, Jones.

Rams still have leadership guys like Stafford, Kupp and Donald

So yes. These teams do trade players. But they aren’t dealing their 1-2-3 best players.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What motive do I assume? I said it read like that mind you.

I do like the tit for tat.
Come on man....

"LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them."

Yea. I know you "read it like that". AKA, you assumed rather then considering other motives.

The irony.....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Come on man....

"LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them."

Yea. I know you "read it like that". AKA, you assumed rather then considering other motives.

The irony.....
You think I think that what Micah actually said as described was motive?

Pro tip: it was sarcasm.

Carson

Reaction score
its not that simple - its trade your best players for substantially more picks / higher picks than what they initially cost you after you have extracted as much rookie value as possible and add in more top level potential players at the rookie wage scale.

We have to stop thinking about it in terms of paying guys for their second contract and more in terms of how do you get the most value out of them for the franchise. if you could get 3 1sts for Micha and a couple of 1sts for Ceedee and you went into the next 3 seasons with 2-3 1st round picks each year, that gives you a ton to build around.

The problem with these bloated contracts is you cant have 3 players on the team taking up 60% of the cap space and still be able to field a contender...eventually the cracks in depth show.
You will never have the 3 of them taking up 60% of your cap until maybe 4 years from now.

Dak will get 4 years, Lamb will get 4 years. You dont have to extend Micah for another 2-3 years. Parsons hit can be low year 1. Then your only issue really is four years from now and even then Dak and Lamb will be in their final year of their deals. So when Dak and Lambs hit is the highest you can structure Micah’s to be lower year 1-2

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
They can be replaced with players that aren’t nearly as good which is what would happen. If it was up to fans like you the Cowboys wouldn’t have any great players because you don’t want to pay anyone. Go ahead and build a budget team full of low priced average players. Good luck winning a championship and filing a stadium with a roster loaded with jags.

Pokefan1

Reaction score
Brilliant I say!

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I would keep CD, but trading Parsons at this point and time makes sense. Yes, he is a disruptor but for how much longer?????????? He doesn't have that type of nobody to take on double and triple teams and it all came to a head in the second half of last season where Cowboy opponents were able to neutralize him. Parsons was a non-factor when the Cowboys needed him the most. If the Cowboys can get a king's ransom for Parsons then make that deal.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
So you got lucky with Micah and Lamb and the objective is to pray you get lucky again?
Make it make sense man lol.

TRADE YOUR BEST PLAYERS AND HOPE YOU FIND JUST AS GOOD PLAYERS!
They should stick with what they have and keep celebrating regular season accomplishments. Playoff success is overrated.

/s