I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
How would you have handled the situation with The Triplets back in the early 90's?

FanofJerry

Reaction score
So...Im a casual...not an expert by any means...

But Micah seems to be the best player I have ever seen at getting around Linemen. His jukes are perfect, hes strong with his hands, has speed....he just has a great feel for getting linemen on skates and using his leverage to get by even multiple linemen at once...

I get that Hershel Walker trades or Ricky Williams trades dont really exist anymore...

But Micah seems to be the real deal on the field...a rare talent...

I just dont get that I routinely see only 2 FRP's being mentioned when he is discussed being traded. I just see his value as higher than that. Like 3 FRP and a few later rounds too.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You build a team through great players. A team is 53. Why they hell are you wanting to trade your 1-2 players???

You build around them
They don’t want to put better players around their stars they want to get rid of the stars I guess because they feel they can find them again…it makes zero sense.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
Replaced with what? Same production? Doubtful! Losing record, most definitely.

ghst187

Reaction score
LOL lets pay no one because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them.

This place reads like a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists.
No need to condescend,….its a legitimate conversation because until we have a QB who is capable of playing in the playoffs…what does it matter if we surround them with a good but highly paid cast? It’s a waste. It we had Mahomes or Rodgers back there, then sure let’s pay up for top guys. As it stands, I think we could surround Dak with our ‘92 squad and we wouldn’t make the NFC championship game.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No need to condescend,….its a legitimate conversation because until we have a QB who is capable of playing in the playoffs…what does it matter if we surround them with a good but highly paid cast? It’s a waste. It we had Mahomes or Rodgers back there, then sure let’s pay up for top guys. As it stands, I think we could surround Dak with our ‘92 squad and we wouldn’t make the NFC championship game.
Most of the discussion the last day has been a reaction to the Parsons interview.

If you do not think Dak is worth what he is asking from a pragmatic standpoint, I can see it.

BTW, I was not pointing fingers and certainly not at you.

Praxit

Reaction score
LA does it. Philly does it. KC had to let Hill walk. You can churn rosters to great effect in this league. We just don’t have a front office with the expertise and vision to do it.
..KC let Hill walk, and won anther SB.

So there are alternatives.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It is interesting that after the GB loss, many fans were saying the team was soft. We need some dawgs, many said..........it's exactly what you have in Parsons, Lamb, Tyler and Diggs but guess what

SiCk_DiAbLo

Reaction score
They can be replaced with players that aren’t nearly as good which is what would happen. If it was up to fans like you the Cowboys wouldn’t have any great players because you don’t want to pay anyone. Go ahead and build a budget team full of low priced average players. Good luck winning a championship and filing a stadium with a roster loaded with jags.
Well Cowboys been paying high priced players for years, hasn't added up to squat...

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I agree on CD it seems like you can find good to great receivers in almost any draft now. Players like Micah don't grow on trees however and I would pay him. I don't agree with paying an average QB like Dak all the money. You keep looking for QB's in the draft or solid vets for much less. If you get lucky enough to find that QB then of course pay them but I don't believe in paying average QB's ridiculous money because it's the trend now.
If you are correct and “you can find good to great receivers in almost any draft now” why would any team give up multiple draft choices to acquire CeeDee Lamb when they can get a good to great receiver on a rookie contract by using their draft pick on one and use the other pick they didn’t give up for Lamb to draft yet another player?

Loso86

Reaction score
So you and many other fans can complain about lack of production in sacks and from the WRs..lol some of our fans are crazy AH

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Ah, there's another Micah and Lamb on every street corner. Parcells says you kind dial 1-800-FND-PLYS and get one at any time.
:lmao:You mean to tell me that if you trade Micah for two first rounders that will be anywhere from the 25th pick to the 32nd pick that we can’t just find another one lol?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well Cowboys been paying high priced players for years, hasn't added up to squat...
We’ve won a number of division titles that have given us playoff opportunities. We’re not going to make the playoffs with a bunch of average low priced players.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
:lmao:You mean to tell me that if you trade Micah for two first rounders that will be anywhere from the 25th pick to the 32nd pick that we can’t just find another one lol?
Of course, we always hit on all of our draft picks and can even find a suitable replacement for him in the seventh round. Because of that, we should use those two first-rounders and trade up for a quarterback because we know that every quarterback taken early in the first round is better than the one we've got.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LOL!!!

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
So...Im a casual...not an expert by any means...

But Micah seems to be the best player I have ever seen at getting around Linemen. His jukes are perfect, hes strong with his hands, has speed....he just has a great feel for getting linemen on skates and using his leverage to get by even multiple linemen at once...

I get that Hershel Walker trades or Ricky Williams trades dont really exist anymore...

But Micah seems to be the real deal on the field...a rare talent...

I just dont get that I routinely see only 2 FRP's being mentioned when he is discussed being traded. I just see his value as higher than that. Like 3 FRP and a few later rounds too.
I would agree, two first round picks would be a failure for a Parsons trade. Not just his skill level, but the fact that he has a year left on his rookie deal, his 5th year option, plus he can be franchised after that. Khalil Mack is the obvious comparison for a Parsons deal and he netted the Raiders two first round picks plus a 3rd and 6th.....Chicago may have gotten a pick back their way with Mack or maybe a conditional pick I cant remember. If so total comp for this may be closer to two 1sts rather than two 1sts+, but anyway. Mack was through year four when he was traded, Parsons is only through year 3 currently, and that extra year of control should carry a ton of value. I'd have to think the absolute bottom you could get for Parsons would be two 1sts based on recent history.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I would agree, two first round picks would be a failure for a Parsons trade. Not just his skill level, but the fact that he has a year left on his rookie deal, his 5th year option, plus he can be franchised after that. Khalil Mack is the obvious comparison for a Parsons deal and he netted the Raiders two first round picks plus a 3rd and 6th.....Chicago may have gotten a pick back their way with Mack or maybe a conditional pick I cant remember. If so total comp for this may be closer to two 1sts rather than two 1sts+, but anyway. Mack was through year four when he was traded, Parsons is only through year 3 currently, and that extra year of control should carry a ton of value. I'd have to think the absolute bottom you could get for Parsons would be two 1sts based on recent history.
I get that the market may not produce a able and willing buyer at 3FRP's...but assuming the guy is not being unreasonable in negotiations and wants to be a Cowboy...Im not letting this caliber player go for anything less than 3 FRPs plus later picks.

He's just shown too much talent and disruptiveness on the field to easily reproduce his gravity.

Thats fine...I get the 2 FRP's plus some later picks is what market might produce...but Im keeping the guy at top dollar amount instead of letting him go for 2 FRP's. And those FRP's better be 1-10...not junk late round picks.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If someone wants to give 3 firsts and a half dozen top 100 picks then sure you trade him.

That is what HW got us. GL with that.