I would not pay Micah or CeeDee

rambo2

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
They will pay both and continue to have a good team.

sacase

Reaction score
Just my opinion. You could likely get two firsts for Micah if you trade him now. Maybe a 2nd and 3rd for cd. That would give us 7 picks in the top 100 for 2025 draft. You could do a lot with that. Save all the money. 35m for cd, 35 for Micah, 55 m dak. That’s 125,mil for three players. Even if you’re pushing the money down the line. That’s way too much cap space to spend on 3 players that can be replaced.
And heeeere we gooooo..
Smh this board for some reason wants to trade away all our good players and hoard draft picks like that is the winning method. This team would be a bunch of rookie of this board had its way.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
DaVante Adams commanded a 1 and 2 from the Raiders. I'd take no less for Lamb. I'd prefer to resign him, but if he commands a king's ransom, do it. He's too good to give away for a subpar offer.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I agree on CD it seems like you can find good to great receivers in almost any draft now. Players like Micah don't grow on trees however and I would pay him. I don't agree with paying an average QB like Dak all the money. You keep looking for QB's in the draft or solid vets for much less. If you get lucky enough to find that QB then of course pay them but I don't believe in paying average QB's ridiculous money because it's the trend now.

Redline360

Reaction score
You know damn well they are going to resign Dak to a ridiculous contract. Majority of fans done with him but it is what it is with Jerry. Got to suck it up.

However keeping Dak I would have got everything I could have out of CD. Love him but WR is vastly easier to replace. Many serviceable WR can be had for fairly cheap. Would of used his picks and or trade for a primier DT and shore up the inside game on defense. Only chance we have with winning with Dak imo.

You cannot have 3 guys taking up damn near half your cap. Competitive teams not afraid to dump someone like CD to bring in 2-3 guys who can contribute right away in weak areas.

Last edited:

SwagSurfer

Reaction score
Or, our front office can stop being cheap and take care of their players before their price goes up.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Outside of an elite QB, every player should be "for sale" at the right price. A second + third for Lamb (per the OP) is definitely NOT the right price. If a team offered 2 firsts and a second for Parsons, that's a deal I would take. It's not unthinkable that a team would offer that, and his value will decline in a hurry- just watch.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
You think I think that what Micah actually said as described was motive?

Pro tip: it was sarcasm.
Thanks for further proving my point.

You assigned the motive of everyone suggesting a trade as being because "because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them."

You then went on to flat out describe those that would consider trading these guys for the reasons you stated (bolded above, and a direct quote) as "a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists". Sure you tried to say it without actually taking responsibility for it by prefacing it with "reads like" but you're only fooling yourself if you think that makes a distinction.

You assumed those that favor a trade scenario as wanting that only for the reasons bolded and quoted above, failing to understand there are other reasons for which one might consider trading, then used that false assumption to insult them, thus elevating yourself above them in your mind. Textbook bro. Textbook.

BS on the sarcasm. You meant every word of that post literally. I'd love to hear you try and explain exactly how it was sarcasm.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Outside of an elite QB, every player should be "for sale" at the right price. A second + third for Lamb (per the OP) is definitely NOT the right price. If a team offered 2 firsts and a second for Parsons, that's a deal I would take. It's not unthinkable that a team would offer that, and his value will decline in a hurry- just watch.
It depends who offered that. If San Fran or Eagles offered me two firsts I wouldn’t take it. The thing about these type of deals is when a team does it they do it for a guy to take them over the top. I’m not interested in the 30th pick in the draft.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Thanks for further proving my point.

You assigned the motive of everyone suggesting a trade as being because "because players like to make money, take care of their bodies, and have a say in hat happens to them."

You then went on to flat out describe those that would consider trading these guys for the reasons you stated (bolded above, and a direct quote) as "a bunch of unfulfilled narcissists". Sure you tried to say it without actually taking responsibility for it by prefacing it with "reads like" but you're only fooling yourself if you think that makes a distinction.

You assumed those that favor a trade scenario as wanting that only for the reasons bolded and quoted above, failing to understand there are other reasons for which one might consider trading, then used that false assumption to insult them, thus elevating yourself above them in your mind. Textbook bro. Textbook.

BS on the sarcasm. You meant every word of that post literally. I'd love to hear you try and explain exactly how it was sarcasm.
The LOL lead should have been a clue.

If you were not so intent on the tit for tat and considered my argument you would realize it only makes sense if I am being sarcastic.

My argument is that almost no one in these discussions is talking about what Micah said but rather playing out revenge scenarios of him being cut.

It reads like unfulfilled narcissism.

Carson

Reaction score
They should stick with what they have and keep celebrating regular season accomplishments. Playoff success is overrated.

/s
You build a team through great players. A team is 53. Why they hell are you wanting to trade your 1-2 players???

You build around them

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't have the GM to pull something like this off which I happen to agree too as both are overrated and not worth top 3 money.