Ian Rapoport: Dez now out 10-12 (pure speculation)

DanManJ

Reaction score
We still have Romo. If it was him the season would be over. That isn't the case though.

I agree. While I think these reports on Dez are exaggerated, there is only one player on the team that if we lost them I feel that the season is over and that is Romo. As long as we have number 9 back there this team has a chance.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a fan of Dez, but come on, he is just a WR. He isn't the OL, D, or especially the QB. Look at the crap that Brady, Rodgers, Russell, Kaepernick, and even Favre had at wideout over the years and still led their teams to great regular seasons.

I will miss Dez being out there. The team definitely will. What I will miss more than his receiving, his downfield blocking. He is an outstanding blocker for our running game. This is one area where I don't see Beas and TWill replacing him, especially that scrub Street.

When all else fails, chuck it up to Dez. Doesn't matter the coverage.

We've lost that game changing element. We also lost all the attention he gets by the defense. It's a significant loss.

Oh, and we also have no RB worth a bleep.

Let's form an orderly line toward the Draft Zone.

Reaction score
Interesting... those who are familiar with the medical field seem to be saying that 10-12 weeks is optimistic for this kind of thing, so Werder saying that it would improve his chances to come back soon seems contradictory.... but what else is new when it comes to injury reporting?

exactly and now Michael "Can I Get an Amen" Irvin is on preaching to us the doom and gloom on how our team's inspirational backbone is sidelined and we're done......WWF I tell ya....

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I am a fan of Dez, but come on, he is just a WR. He isn't the OL, D, or especially the QB. Look at the crap that Brady, Rodgers, Russell, Kaepernick, and even Favre had at wideout over the years and still led their teams to great regular seasons.

I will miss Dez being out there. The team definitely will. What I will miss more than his receiving, his downfield blocking. He is an outstanding blocker for our running game. This is one area where I don't see Beas and TWill replacing him, especially that scrub Street.

I sure wish there was an Anquan Boldin out there to acquire.....

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Ian Rappaport may not know what he's talking about...that's why I'm waiting to see if Adam Schefter has video proof somewhere.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the qb is good enough other teams and coaches have figured out how to win super bowls with out elite wr.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
relax.jpg

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I'm not a Dr but I play one on the Cowboyszone or I'm a reporter on a soapbox or whatever. One media "expert" says something and it's all day fodder for NFLN and 12+ pages on here until the next report. Here's another that reads the exact opposite.

Dez Bryant - WR - Cowboys
ESPN's Ed Werder reports that the bone graft performed during Dez Bryant's foot injury improves his chances of coming back within six weeks.

It's telling that the Cowboys haven't placed Bryant on the I.R./Designated to Return List. That would suggest the team believes his return will come within 6-8 weeks. That's more favorable than the grim 10-12 week timetable established by NFL Network's Ian Rapoport earlier Sunday morning. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley will have expanded roles during Bryant's absence.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter
Sep 20 - 9:23 AM

Well there you go.

Even if Dez is out 10-12 weeks, he can still get a month of the season in and can get really going by the time the playoffs get here.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I don't really doubt that after Thanksgiving is the most likely return timeline, but relying on one of Ian Crappaport's Sunday morning constitutionals is beyond my capacity to reason.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Fisher and Werder have both basically said Rap has no clue and it is 8 weeks or less.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WOW...I only got through 2 pages of the meltdown zone on this...a bone graft helps the healing process and prevents from breaking again....maybe this is / was addressed in posts I have not read yet...but I may not even read anymore of this either...LOL...

links18

Reaction score
If Romo has another year in him after this one, we can't let this happen again. Prioritize getting a significant WR in the offseason.

Shear hubris to think we could go into the year with a bunch of scrubs behind Dez at WR. Let's hope Escobar can run some good routes....