I'd feel a whole lot better with Rico and Dez

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
To be honest Rico is our best choice for TE. This whole notion that he needs to learn how to block is silly. Witten was never a good blocker when he started out. Jarwin isn't a good blocker either. Schultz is a bad pick - not a good catcher, can't run routes and can barely block. He is a bust and should be put onto the practice squad.

Its time to go with our 3 best TEs - Swaim, Jarwin and Rico.

I agree about Schultz. I didn't like the pick at the time, and he is worse than I expected. I see him getting cut and going to the PS now. If some other team takes him, I'll live.

But Rico needs to learn to block because he *doesn't* know the rest of the game. The other guys do.

Witten couldn't block that well, but he could do everything else very well.

Without blocking, Rico is a really big, really strong, but slow, plodding WR who can't run routes.

With blocking, he's a short yardage dream TE. The size and strength to give you a real push, plus a catch radius in a crowd. It's the combination of threat that makes for the problem for the defense and thereby the value for the offense.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And yet he supposedly is not the best TE on the roster because Rico is?

If the best thing you can say about Swaim is that he has more snaps than this board, how is my statement about the TE position weak incorrect?
Go back and read what you wrote. By the way Rico isn't the best TE on the roster. I only corrected what you wrote which was wrong.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree, I just thought that the three non-Swaim guys would be further along. Jarwin and Schultz clearly have upside but I thought they would already be ahead of Swaim at this point.

I went back and watched the last few minutes and saw the Rico catch, I'm still really torn on the guy. That catch is something only a couple of guys in the NFL can do, but you also read he made a bad mistake in his route running. Broaddus had a tweet saying "he has no idea idea what he is doing", which is pretty strong for a guy that usually tweets platitudes.

I think the best thing for Rico would be another redshirt year where he has a minor injury and they keep him on IR all year. He has too much talent to cut loose but he still isn't ready for a roster spot. Frustrating.
Great info and I agree with you on Rico. Some are hyping him up but he isn't ready yet. I really like Shultz yesterday in the game. Blocked well and ran routes decent and caught the ball nice. He looked a little like a young Witten. Jarwin seems to really be able to move once he catches the ball. I'm also surprise those two haven't passes Swaim yet but I'm sure it will happen

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Rico is the best catching TE on the roster. What has the other TEs done so far? Zero.
What has Rico done...... Zero

Swaim at least has played in the regular season. You're acting like Rico has a regular time starter. He has 3 nice catches in preseason and that's it but yet you think he is the best TE on the roster. Epic fail

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
What has Rico done...... Zero

Swaim at least has played in the regular season. You're acting like Rico has a regular time starter. He has 3 nice catches in preseason and that's it but yet you think he is the best TE on the roster. Epic fail

Swaim is a dime a dozen TE. He scares no one. And Rico is a much better passcatcher than Swaim. Schultz has done jack and so has Jarwin. Rico when given the chance has shown what he can do with the ball. All the TEs we got suck. But go ahead and enjoy your mediocre TEs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rico is a receiving threat, a natural athlete, an amazing weapon for the passing game and one of a kind TE talent. If he somehow gets cut, he will get picked up by another team and succeed elsewhere. Sort of like when the Minnesota Twins gave up on David Ortiz, then he got picked up by the Red Sox and the rest is history.

And also Dez would make our offense so damn amazing right now. My heart still aches from that roster move. Dez, Gallup, TWill, Cole and Rico. With this line, with Zeke, with Dak, and now with our amazing defense. What a waste!

I'm not surprised that Rico and Dez have a similar fan base.

Both are idiots.

Dez was beyond terrible last season. Dak was 68% to all other receivers but 52% to Dez.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Swaim is a dime a dozen TE. He scares no one. And Rico is a much better passcatcher than Swaim. Schultz has done jack and so has Jarwin. Rico when given the chance has shown what he can do with the ball. All the TEs we got suck. But go ahead and enjoy your mediocre TEs.
Rico has done nothing, zero, zilch. You can try and pretend Rico has done something but facts are he hasn't. 0 catches in the regular season and he doesn't even know his assignments. Keep living in your make believe world

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Rico has done nothing, zero, zilch. You can try and pretend Rico has done something but facts are he hasn't. 0 catches in the regular season and he doesn't even know his assignments. Keep living in your make believe world

So has the rest of the other TEs except for Swaim. Jarwin and Schultz has done squat also even in preseason.

We have a knucklehead for a coach who is stuck on in the past and fans who are stuck on mediocrity. Swaim, Schultz and Jarwin are all mediocre that don't scare anyone. To think otherwise is being in denial. Sorry but its you thats living in a dreamworld.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Rico is a receiving threat, a natural athlete, an amazing weapon for the passing game and one of a kind TE talent. If he somehow gets cut, he will get picked up by another team and succeed elsewhere. Sort of like when the Minnesota Twins gave up on David Ortiz, then he got picked up by the Red Sox and the rest is history.

And also Dez would make our offense so damn amazing right now. My heart still aches from that roster move. Dez, Gallup, TWill, Cole and Rico. With this line, with Zeke, with Dak, and now with our amazing defense. What a waste!

Rico will probably not make the team

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
Rico I love, but why isn't he starting? I don't understand why our writers are hinting his departure from the team.

Because football takes more than athletic talent, which he is apparently not showing. This should also answer the question as to why Dez was let go.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So has the rest of the other TEs except for Swaim. Jarwin and Schultz has done squat also even in preseason.

We have a knucklehead for a coach who is stuck on in the past and fans who are stuck on mediocrity. Swaim, Schultz and Jarwin are all mediocre that don't scare anyone. To think otherwise is being in denial. Sorry but its you thats living in a dreamworld.
No someone that says Rico is the best TE on the roster cause the other TEs haven't done anything is the one living in a dream world when Rico can't even stay healthy or know his assignments, also Rico hasn't done anything either but yet you seem to look over that fact

foofighters

Reaction score

I wouldn't...not one bit...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

an amazing weapon!!! wow, that's a big word for somebody who hasn't done squat......he is not one of a Kind TE because you want him to be, or because he is 6'8" and runs fast. he has to learn a lot to be a football player and he himself said it as well. I am not a big Rico fan. he is waaaaayyyy over rated.... and comparing Ortiz to Rico...wow...just wow....

I think Dez was done. he wouldn't make the offense amazing. the offense is amazing because he is not here...perhaps.... its not a waste...if he is that amazing of a talent, 31 other teams went to camp and none signed him...what an amazing talent, that only you can see it, but 32 teams are passing on him....you should start your own league....