Ideal secondary?

Bland should be in the slot, he gives up some plays on the outside
 
Can we get Revel through a game or two healthy before we pencil him in as the answer to anything?

I liked his "tape" as much as anyone when he was drafted, but it's always something with him.
 
Revel and Porter on the outside
Bland in the slot
Downs and Thompson at safety?
Ultimately I would hope that this is what happens. I think that there are some injury questions with Revel as well as, other than reports coming out of camp, he hasn't looked very good so far in the few games we have played and that he has played in.
 
Bland has never been a great cover guy and he’s not much different than Diggs as he’s feast or famine

The larger problem for bland is that we aren’t getting much pressure and these receivers aren’t just open they are open by a large margin sometimes

Not sure if that zone coverage lapses or talent lapses or both but we are going to have to make the qb feel a little more pressured or the dbs are going to continue to get cooked

I’ll say they have been hit hard with injury bug but they were getting roasted week 1
 
Bland is not great in the slot. He has always been better on the outside. That said, since his multiple foot injuries and the lack of pass rush, he is a liability. I'd like to see JPJ on the boundary and Revel / Bland subbing (progressively more Revel) on the field side with Durant (when healthy) in the slot.
 
Bland is not great in the slot. He has always been better on the outside. That said, since his multiple foot injuries and the lack of pass rush, he is a liability. I'd like to see JPJ on the boundary and Revel / Bland subbing (progressively more Revel) on the field side with Durant (when healthy) in the slot.
That sounds like a plan
 
Bland has never been a great cover guy and he’s not much different than Diggs as he’s feast or famine

The larger problem for bland is that we aren’t getting much pressure and these receivers aren’t just open they are open by a large margin sometimes

Not sure if that zone coverage lapses or talent lapses or both but we are going to have to make the qb feel a little more pressured or the dbs are going to continue to get cooked

I’ll say they have been hit hard with injury bug but they were getting roasted week 1
Scheme issue. Teams have obviously figured out how to beat Parker's scheme. As you said, they are wide open. That's not a player issue, that's scheme. It's time for the great Parker to adjust.
 
Problem is the guys on bench are even worse lol
Yup. It's because we draft so badly. Instead of looking for guys who can mirror a WR, we're obsessed w/ height. Yes, I'd prefer a tall CB who can mirror, but I strongly prefer a CB who can mirror no matter the height.

One of those 5-10 guys who the WR just cannot shake sure would be welcome right now.
 
Revel and Porter on the outside
Bland in the slot
Downs and Thompson at safety?
Revel? Watching this team you put Revel over Durant? Not I. Not even close IMO. Maybe at some point, but not yet
 
Downs is more useful as the Nickle. He will probably play more safety until Locke and or Thompson come back.

For fun though. Emmawori played edge and nose yesterday.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,135
Messages
14,669,351
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top