If a Cowboy joined CBZ...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
bbgun;2419578 said:
True, but venting is the lifeblood of this place, and that would be impossible to do if one of them was roosting here. Sports message boards and "sparing people's feelings" don't mix. Nor are players entitled to that kind of consideration.

I didnt say they were. I just personally wouldnt want to see them personally attacked, or called out by thread. Other than that vent away LOL

Either way, none will register here, and they would get lambasted if they did no matter who the player is :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;2419564 said:
I know, but Hos implied as much and WG confirmed it.

Which is why the players should never be identified. After all, ranting about players and the team is why this forum exists. Immunizing certain players from criticism would only serve to chill discussion.
Let me clarify.

We would not allow a player to be run off this forum. If they were good enough to share with us we would not want them attacked to the point of being driven away. Word would get out to all of the other players and coaches and our forum would lose out.

Questioning their ability or heart or performance is not what we are talking about. If someone were to go after a player and make it personal, we would ban that poster. It would have to be a personal attack for that to happen.

We would not be looking to silence opinions, but we definitely would protect the unique advantage of being able to "talk" to a player here. None of these special users would have had the Private Message system, because we would not want them deluged by members.

It would simply be a way for them to appreciate us, and us to appreciate them and maybe ask some questions. They would have to understand that they would face some negative feedback. That is fine.

If it got too personal we would protect the greater good of the forum, which would be that we would not lose the relationship with the player.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Hostile;2419605 said:
Let me clarify.

We would not allow a player to be run off this forum. If they were good enough to share with us we would not want them attacked to the point of being driven away. Word would get out to all of the other players and coaches and our forum would lose out.

Questioning their ability or heart or performance is not what we are talking about. If someone were to go after a player and make it personal, we would ban that poster. It would have to be a personal attack for that to happen.

We would not be looking to silence opinions, but we definitely would protect the unique advantage of being able to "talk" to a player here. None of these special users would have had the Private Message system, because we would not want them deluged by members.

It would simply be a way for them to appreciate us, and us to appreciate them and maybe ask some questions. They would have to understand that they would face some negative feedback. That is fine.

If it got too personal we would protect the greater good of the forum, which would be that we would not lose the relationship with the player.

Jmo, but.

If this were to ever happen, I don't think it would last very long.

If I had a bad day at work, the last thing I would want to do is log onto my computer and go read about it and be told how to do my job by people who have no idea what it is even like to do what they do for a living.

I think all of us, or many of us have played the game at some level and love it, but we never had/got to do it as a job, we sometimes forget that some of these guys see this as a job and not a game.

Jmo, but I doubt it would last long, especially through a rough patch like the team is going through right now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2419627 said:
Jmo, but.

If this were to ever happen, I don't think it would last very long.

If I had a bad day at work, the last thing I would want to do is log onto my computer and go read about it and be told how to do my job by people who have no idea what it is even like to do what they do for a living.

I think all of us, or many of us have played the game at some level and love it, but we never had/got to do it as a job, we sometimes forget that some of these guys see this as a job and not a game.

Jmo, but I doubt it would last long, especially through a rough patch like the team is going through right now.
It is a moot point. The Cowboys are not open to a player participating in a fan forum. In fact, they own a forum at DC.com and the players do not post there or have memberships there.

It would be different for a retired player. I have personally invited 5 former players.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Brandon Noble is the only NFL player I've ever seen join a forum and post on it.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Hostile;2419631 said:
I have personally invited 5 former players.

I think that would work. I think it would be outstanding to get opinions on the going ons from a former player.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Flozell Adams - what'sthesnapcountagain76
Cory Proctor - how am i in the nfl
Andre Gurode - wonderlic survivor
Jason Witten - clutch82
Terrell Owens - me, me, me
Tony Romo - golf fanatic 9
Greg Ellis - showmethemoney98
Bradie James - overrated five six
Roy Wiliiams - toastie31 but was banned so now toastie38