If a Dak deal isn't reached

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True and fair point. But I can't imagine that Jerry instigated the decision. Stephen yes perhaps as he would have viewed it from a future contract/business point of view.
Who else would have the authority and power to make such a decision?

And here’s why: Jerry was better off taking a chance losing with Dak than Romo . Jerry would have been ridiculed for benching his hot hand with Dak if the Cowboys came up short again in the playoffs with Romo .

Swagger

Reaction score
Eagles gave him that petty touchdown.

In reality it went down as Garrett's best move. Saved Romo from embarrassing himself by injuring his back again and it started the Dak/Zeke era.
Haha

Yes professional football players gave an opposing QB a touchdown which could cost them money and allow points against their defense.

Why would Romo have been embarrassed had he got injured again? If a player is injured then the back up comes in.

Yes the Dak/Zeke era has been very successful playing on good rosters and very efficiently run teams.

It was such a good move by Garrett that he was sacked a few years later after his QB couldn't get it done against an injury ravaged and inferior Eagles team.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Im glad this is coming to a head at least for this year. I was a Dak fan for about a season and a half but my suspicions started in his first season. No doubt he can play in the NFL at a decent level but in my opinion no way does he deserve to be paid what he is asking for. That alone is a deal breaker and would force me to move on to finding another QB if I were Jerry.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im glad this is coming to a head at least for this year. I was a Dak fan for about a season and a half but my suspicions started in his first season. No doubt he can play in the NFL at a decent level but in my opinion no way does he deserve to be paid what he is asking for. That alone is a deal breaker and would force me to move on to finding another QB if I were Jerry.

Dalton is the next move for Jerry and Big Mike.
This has been agreed upon and now its just a matter of what when the above plan will be put into action.
Dak like it or not simply does not have what it takes to start in the NFL!
Dak has been pampered enough and ya we have suffered enough!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dalton is the next move for Jerry and Big Mike.
This has been agreed upon and now its just a matter of what when the above plan will be put into action.
Dak like it or not simply does not have what it takes to start in the NFL!
Dak has been pampered enough and ya we have suffered enough!
I totally agree! The defense has been sacrificed for all the talent to be placed around Dak. They have spent 2 first round picks on WRs, 1st on Zeke, at one point 3/4 of the offensive line was all first round picks. Thats too much talent to not be scoring touchdowns in big games.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally agree! The defense has been sacrificed for all the talent to be placed around Dak. They have spent 2 first round picks on WRs, 1st on Zeke, at one point 3/4 of the offensive line was all first round picks. Thats too much talent to not be scoring touchdowns in big games.

Dak has been pampered enough and ya we have suffered enough!:banghead:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Haha

Yes professional football players gave an opposing QB a touchdown which could cost them money and allow points against their defense.

Why would Romo have been embarrassed had he got injured again? If a player is injured then the back up comes in.

Yes the Dak/Zeke era has been very successful playing on good rosters and very efficiently run teams.

It was such a good move by Garrett that he was sacked a few years later after his QB couldn't get it done against an injury ravaged and inferior Eagles team.
Romo got hurt playing golf and had to withdraw this weekend. He should have had more milk growing up. He is brittle.

And yeah. Philly dropped back and let Romo dink and dunk his way down the field. They didn’t bring any pressure in the throw away game for both teams. His one deep pass was terrible. Thank TWill for the excellent route running to give Romo an easy TD to end the drive. Dak got blasted that year for dinking and dunking the ball while not being able to throw deep. Double standards for the most overrated QB in NFL history though. Pretty typical.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's very possible that Prescott in a real offense with a real scheme could take the team to the next level.

Ita also possible that MM isnt all that in love with him, and is advocating drawing a line with a contract.

Prescott is playing with real fire here, and is being lead down the wrong path IMO.

Swagger

Reaction score
Romo got hurt playing golf and had to withdraw this weekend. He should have had more milk growing up. He is brittle.

And yeah. Philly dropped back and let Romo dink and dunk his way down the field. They didn’t bring any pressure in the throw away game for both teams. His one deep pass was terrible. Thank TWill for the excellent route running to give Romo an easy TD to end the drive. Dak got blasted that year for dinking and dunking the ball while not being able to throw deep. Double standards for the most overrated QB in NFL history though. Pretty typical.

Hilarious how you viewed his deep ball to Twill. It was the latter not completing the route inside which actually cost him a TD. It wasn't perfect but the thrown ball had beaten the corner however as TWill was probably used to receiving 5 yard passes you can't blame him for not believing a deep ball would be thrown his way!

Swagger

Reaction score
So true.

It beggars belief at how people just flat out blame the defense not factoring in all of the first round picks and fat contracts spunked on this offense resulting in limited resources given to the defense. That's the way the team has been built so the offense has to get it done and score more points to win! But the elephant in the room is...Dak Prescott cannot win a shoot out against a side that isn't horrific so as a result the offense breaks down and then the machine breaks down. People then blame the defense or the special teams or the coaching. This is why the front office haven't just caved in and given Prescott all the demands that he wants...because he simply isn't worth what he is asking for.

If people want an elite defense then you can't give Prescott a quality o-line, two first round drafted receivers, a top 3 running back (drafted in the top 5) over the past four years etc. You can't give the guy absolutely everything as there is a salary cap which he wants to eat into himself!

It really isn't too difficult to understand.

Swagger

Reaction score
Yep, he'll play who he prefers and isnt afraid to rock the boat .... Favre/Rodgers
If that's the case then red rifle will be the Dallas Cowboys QB next season. He's a more accurate thrower of the ball compared with Prescott and judging by how McCarthy moved to Rodgers from Favre, Rodgers being the more accurate thrower of a football then...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Haha

Well if the Dak era got Garrett sacked then it was the smartest move Garrett made. Long overdue to get fired. Eagles were playing for nothing that game. It was equivalent to scoring in preseason. Season was over.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Hilarious how you viewed his deep ball to Twill. It was the latter not completing the route inside which actually cost him a TD. It wasn't perfect but the thrown ball had beaten the corner however as TWill was probably used to receiving 5 yard passes you can't blame him for not believing a deep ball would be thrown his way!
The ball was thrown so badly a diving defender couldn’t even come close to touching it. Had no shot of being competed. It was closer to being intercepted but thankfully the pass was that bad.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If a Dak deal isn't reached, it's not the end of Cowboys football as we know it.:omg:

He's likely to be our QB for another year and perhaps considerably longer. ;)

landryscorner

Reaction score

Let's be honest here folks. There is enough FILM to discern Dak's Ceiling.

1. He has no pocket presence and when things break down like in blitzes he crumbles.
2. Overthrows and underthrows too many receivers.
3. Does not know how to read defenses that was evident in clutch games...to many to list that we lost due to this.

And he's making how much?? enough is enough...hope JJ just lets him go he is an average qb barely squeezing into the top 10. Release him after this year play Dalton and draft a quality qb....END.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I think Dak is an excellent Cowboys QB, and I’d like to see him here through another contract.
However, if Dallas moves on to another guy, or if he moves on from us, I’ll be okay with it.
My greatest fear is that the Dallas front office blew this by not extending Dak last year, by not signing him quickly, and that they are going to blow the entire situation. That foolishness leaves me with no confidence that they can find another QB and manage his salary.

I lost no sleep when Calvin Hill left for the Skins or when Emmitt left for Arizona. I will only lose sleep on Dak because regardless of what some fans say, he has value in the NFL, and the Cowboys have screwed this up so badly that they will either have to let him walk for nothing or trade him to a team that knows they have us over a barrel and screws us badly.

Jerry is either going to overpay or never get Dak’s value in return.[/QUOTE

Didn’t JJ try to sign him but he and his agent wouldn’t sign?

starfan1

Reaction score
if deal isn't reached he plays on tag. end of story! really pretty simple

landroverking

Reaction score
How many times has Jerry and Company got it right and actually drafted a bonafied very good QB with a high expensive pick? ANSWER: only Troy Aikman.

Yet, you want me to be a good soldier and gleefully cheer to one's delight for the decisions this company makes when being tasked to draft a good QB?

Well and Gil Brandt and Tom Landry laid the ground work for drafting Troy.

Pfft...time to wake up and smell the roses, Sunshine. Appreciate what you've got, reward it for its hard word, and make sure to keep it while just entering its prime with the ceiling only going higher....instead of being dumb and greedy with the most important position on the team.