If Andre Smith drops to 25, I'm trading next year's first

JPM

Reaction score
the kid 05;2689655 said:
is it just me or do i see a little bit of Allen in him?

speedkilz88;2689658 said:
I was thinking Nate.
He's got a bit if Allen's nasty 'tude, but he's close to the same size as Davis.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
JPM;2689592 said:
Herman Johnson
HermanJohnson.jpg
He fits the OLine mentality here. The bigger the better. Plug him in at LG and our inside is as immovable as it can get.

Herman Gurode BIGG, good luck getting past that. Besides all the good LT will be gone before we pick.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Although I'm a BPA at a need position person you're always looking for a LT, pass rusher, yada. But you can't keep trading away #1s. I can easily see us trading up in the second round as we have enough picks to do so. But I see this being a conservative draft with minor moves. I like your idea but we are just too far away from that position to trade up IMO.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Texan_Eph89;2690000 said:
He fits the OLine mentality here. The bigger the better. Plug him in at LG and our inside is as immovable as it can get.

Herman Gurode BIGG, good luck getting past that. Besides all the good LT will be gone before we pick.

Jamon Meredith might be there. I want a young T that can always slide over and play guard in a pinch - so we don't have to go through the Proctor experiment again.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2690002 said:
Jamon Meredith might be there. I want a young T that can always slide over and play guard in a pinch - so we don't have to go through the Proctor experiment again.

I'm not talking about a T at all.
Herman is a guard.
I think we can go one more year with Flo, so might as well fix our LG problem with him. He's huge! Having BIGG and him at G would be awesome.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2690002 said:

I'm not high on Meredith but I could easily be wrong as it seems many are. He's a good risk for most where we're picking I guess.

IMO, we will go after the BPA at any position there. Witten fell into the third so I guess any position could fall to us. I'm hoping for a big NT, cover LB, OL, or DB there though.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
jobberone;2690007 said:
I'm not high on Meredith but I could easily be wrong as it seems many are. He's a good risk for most where we're picking I guess.

IMO, we will go after the BPA at any position there. Witten fell into the third so I guess any position could fall to us. I'm hoping for a big NT, cover LB, OL, or DB there though.

It's so amazing to know we got Witten in the 3rd round. Highway robbery. :D

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2690012 said:
It's so amazing to know we got Witten in the 3rd round. Highway robbery. :D

That pick is right up there with the Staubach and Walker picks IMO. Not quite the steal they were but still....

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
jobberone;2690007 said:

NT is a must, but I don't want to reach - and I'm worried Jerry might. I'm also pretty sure Jerry is going to take a WR high, possibly even in the first round. I'm not opposed to the move, I just hope he is a shifty burner that can compliment our long striders.

What do you think about SS or even FS, we need to upgrade that position.

Ratliff in the 7th might be one of our best draft day steals since the Landry era.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2690019 said:
NT is a must, but I don't want to reach - and I'm worried Jerry might. I'm also pretty sure Jerry is going to take a WR high, possibly even in the first round. I'm not opposed to the move, I just hope he is a shifty burner that can compliment our long striders.

What do you think about SS or even FS, we need to upgrade that position.

Ratliff in the 7th might be one of our best draft day steals since the Landry era.

I have a big NT as our priority must need.

The Sensabaugh signing makes S less a must but I think we will look for one in the draft as you do. A lot depends on how the staff feels about Brown, Watkins and the others. Even though we need a cover safety badly we also need one who can tackle as well. I'm not a big Hamlin fan either. I think that position is wide open on this team.

And you're right. Ratliff was a steal at that position. However, most knew Staubach, Walker and less so Witten would be at least very good players in this league. Ratliff came out of no where IMO.