If CLE trades for Mariota, does Jerry trade for Manziel?

Reaction score
Since we seem interested in picking a rookie QB as a backup/developmental QB, is there an offer from CLE that Jerry could not refuse? 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year?

I have not seen much to like from Manziel yet in the NFL, but maybe he's been humbled a bit by rehab and would be OK backing up and learning (and maybe having some speciality plays) for 3 years behind Romo. Would that be better than Bryce Petty in the 3rd or Sean Manion/Garrett Grayson in the 4th?

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
I believe Jerry had a fascination last year. After Manziels rookie year, I bet Jerry is glad that he has Martin on his OL.

And I bet we would look at the draft this year for a development QB as opposed to trading a pick, especially two, for that guy.

Reaction score
I believe Jerry had a fascination last year. After Manziels rookie year, I bet Jerry is glad that he has Martin on his OL.

And I bet we would look at the draft this year for a development QB as opposed to trading a pick, especially two, for that guy.

Im not so sure. Jerry loves getting the better end of a deal. If he still likes the talent, and thinks he could steal Manziel because CLE wants to move on, I would not be surprised.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't think they trade for him with his baggage. Unless maybe it's a complete fire sale. Definitely see them pick him up when/if he's released. They still had him as a first round prospect.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It's Jerry's fascination... And we are looking at developmental backup QBs

you can count on the fingers of one hand and not use them all to find out in the last 30 years how many developmental QBs have become franchise QBs. Just because we won the lottery with Romo means diddly squat.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think they trade for him with his baggage. Unless maybe it's a complete fire sale. Definitely see them pick him up when/if he's released. They still had him as a first round prospect.

They were wrong about him being a first round prospect but you think they still think that about him? Hell no, lol.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Knowing he could sell out the stadium for a decade not sure how Jerry passed on Rehab Johnny in the first place.