If CLE trades for Mariota, does Jerry trade for Manziel?

Spectre

Reaction score
Since we seem interested in picking a rookie QB as a backup/developmental QB, is there an offer from CLE that Jerry could not refuse? 4th rounder this year and a conditional pick next year?

I have not seen much to like from Manziel yet in the NFL, but maybe he's been humbled a bit by rehab and would be OK backing up and learning (and maybe having some speciality plays) for 3 years behind Romo. Would that be better than Bryce Petty in the 3rd or Sean Manion/Garrett Grayson in the 4th?

Short answer: NO @#$%&* #$%^&*# way!!!
Long answer: No.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Using multiple of our limited number of in person visits on QBs is not enough?
Kicking the tires and being interested in drafting a QB are 2 completely different things.

It sure doesn't mean we would be interested in trading for JF.

Nation

Reaction score
Knowing he could sell out the stadium for a decade not sure how Jerry passed on Rehab Johnny in the first place.

If he played just one year in Dallas like he did his time in Cleveland thus far people would forget all about the Heisman winner from A&M. Crappy QB play won't sell a stadium out.

Reaction score
Kicking the tires and being interested in drafting a QB are 2 completely different things.

It sure doesn't mean we would be interested in trading for JF.

We didnt kick tires on QBs like this in the past 5 years of drafts that I can remember... i think the interest in a backup QB is genuine this year, after last year's Weeden debacle... but you're right, it doesn't mean Jerry would give up a pick for Manziel. But Jerry's interest in Manziel last year was genuine.

vicjagger

Reaction score
We are beyond the speculation of draft season. Johnny Manziel has proven beyond all doubt the he is not , and never will be, an NFL QB.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But Jerry's interest in Manziel last year was genuine.

That is true but he was riding that bandwagon alone. The organization (I almost typed 'the entire organization') didn't want to go that direction.

brymatt94

Reaction score
We can probably find a Qb in the 7th round that can be more successful than Manziel.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVtHg.gif

jnday

Reaction score
If Manziel has grown up and is clean, I would give them a mid-round pick. He was drunk and high during his rookie season and his play reflected it. There is still talent there to be developed if Manziel is willing to work at his craft. There are tons of haters that disagree, but most of them hated him while he was in college. Many fans just don't like the kid.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If they would accept a straight up trade of Jeff Heath for Manziel.

and that's only because I'm pretty sure Manziel would be a better safety than Heath.