If cloning was legal . . .

fortdick

Reaction score
Would you clone Troy or Roger?

Roger was the best clutch QB the Cowboys ever had.

BTW, I would clone 45 Billy Bates and win the Super Bowl every year! But that isn't the point.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Thats like choosing between Playboy playmates. You can't go wrong here.

Personally I feel Troy had a better team around him. Roger won 2 Super Bowls in an era where Pittsburgh was a legitimate dynasty with 4 Super Bowls.

I'd take Staubach.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Also - Roger elevated his teams - I don't think he ever was really part of a losing team? Troy early and late in career could not elevate teams.

Reaction score
Less Jacky Smith, Roger.

Just joking. it was unfortunate that Jacky dropped that pass in the endzone. Roger threw some ugly balls at times, but I think Roger was tougher than Troy could ever be, I would go with Roger no doubt.

fortdick

Reaction score
Drederick Tatum said:
Less Jacky Smith, Roger.

Just joking. it was unfortunate that Jacky dropped that pass in the endzone. Roger threw some ugly balls at times, but I think Roger was tougher than Troy could ever be, I would go with Roger no doubt.

No one threw ugly than Fran Tarkington. But you couldn't beat him. Roger threw ugly because he was running a lot, making plays.

JoshJWC wrote:
Neither...
I would clone Ken Norton, Russel Maryland and another Erik Williams.

I would counter Randy White, "Too Tall" Jones and Mark Stephnowski, but that wasn't the question. Ahh, to think back on the Cowboys of the old!

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I'd clone Staubach without hesitation, then I'd do the same with Bob Lilly, Rayfield Wright, Ken Norton Jr., and Mel Renfro (no offense to Deion)

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Roger, Troy needs a team around him to be succesful, and we all heard about those head problems:D

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Nors said:
Also - Roger elevated his teams - I don't think he ever was really part of a losing team? Troy early and late in career could not elevate teams.

Great, great point.

Troy was great as long as everyone else did their job.

Roger could make something out of nothing. There could be a complete breakdown on a play and Roger would turn it into something great.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Would you clone Troy or Roger?

Roger was the best clutch QB the Cowboys ever had.

BTW, I would clone 45 Billy Bates and win the Super Bowl every year! But that isn't the point.
I would prefer to use gene-splicing and get Troy's arm strength and accuracy with Rogers mobility and mentality.

silver

Reaction score
Roger without question. He was the best QB in history. Great everything and a true warrior. very competitive. hated to lose and it was evident.

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
I'll go against the tide in here and say I'd clone Troy.

Troy was the '90s answer to Tom Brady. Not flashy like Roger, and didn't throw up the big numbers some other guys do, but a consumate winner. Made all the guys around him better. In my view, he's one of the most under-rated players in NFL history, even by Cowboys fans.

Novacek84

Reaction score
I'll play devils advocate and say Troy. He's bigger and stronger than Roger and I think better built for the modern game. He never really had to carry this team on his back for long periods because of #22, but when he had to he could crank it up. (See the season opener vs WAS a few years back when he beat the Commanders in OT with the bomb to Rocket or the Thanksgiving Day game vs MIN when Moss went crazy on us. Troy had some big numbers on both occasions.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'd clone a "hybrid".

LTN - Nasty mood today. Wanna kick my dog?
You'll feel better.

Yes, I was ahead of the curve on all things Hybrid.
Thanks

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
LTN - Nasty mood today. Wanna kick my dog?
You'll feel better.

Yes, I was ahead of the curve on all things Hybrid.
Thanks
Nors, I wasn't being nasty at all.

Try as you might, you don't have a complete monopoly on the word "hybrid" yet. :rolleyes:

Aikman's accuracy and game management cloned with Staubach's mobility, leadership and other intangibles is what I was getting at.

But Nors, now I AM being nasty:

It's not always about you. :D