If cloning was legal . . .

jem88

Reaction score
fortdick said:
BTW, I would clone 45 Billy Bates and win the Super Bowl every year! But that isn't the point.
Why? So we'd have the best special teams in the league? Bates was a mediocre defender.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
fortdick said:
Would you clone Troy or Roger?

Roger was the best clutch QB the Cowboys ever had.

BTW, I would clone 45 Billy Bates and win the Super Bowl every year! But that isn't the point.
Roger Staubach...that's a no brainer in my opinion.

However, as an old timer, I'll go on record saying Don Meredyth had as much talent and more guts than any Cowboy QB I ever saw...I'd have loved to see Don play on either of the talented teams that Roger and Troy had....Roger's career would have been truly tested had he played on the teams Don Meredyth played on, and Troy would have never survived, imo.

EndGame

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd prefer to clone Emmitt Smith, but he wasn't on the list, soooo ... I'd probably go with Roger.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Nors said:
Also - Roger elevated his teams - I don't think he ever was really part of a losing team? Troy early and late in career could not elevate teams.

not too poop on your oppinion or anything, I personally never saw Staubach play, so you're an authority on this subject, but Aikman's team was pretty hoot when he first got here. He was picked 1st overall, which means we were the worst team in the league. But I do see where you are coming from.

And I'd clone our D and O lines from the early 90's. That would be enough to dominate in todays NFL

burmafrd

Reaction score
With all due respect to Don Meredith, he had virtually the same team that Roger took to the SB and won with-but Meredith could never get past the Packers. Then in the year 1968, when the Packers were no longer around, he did not play well and lost to Cleveland in the playoffs.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Staying on topic, sigh, I'd clone Roger Staubach.

I love Troy Aikman and what he did for the Cowboys, but Roger Staubach was far and wide the better quarterback of the two.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Staubach.
I'd have him run the country tho. He'd be an even better president than QB.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
I'd take another Playmaker. This team needs his skills and leadership.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Staubach.
I'd have him run the country tho. He'd be an even better president than QB.
YOu're not the only one to think so. There was a group trying to get him to run for the Senate when he retired. I think he was too honest for the job.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Nors said:
Thats like choosing between Playboy playmates. You can't go wrong here.

Personally I feel Troy had a better team around him. Roger won 2 Super Bowls in an era where Pittsburgh was a legitimate dynasty with 4 Super Bowls.

I'd take Staubach.

They were a few bad calls and one silly dropped catch from being 3-3 in Superbowls. How perceptions so wildly change!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
YOu're not the only one to think so. There was a group trying to get him to run for the Senate when he retired. I think he was too honest for the job.
You know I remember that vaguely. Wasn't there thought he would one day run for Texas' Governor or something?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Warm water really shrinks clothes bad. Be careful.
I always thought it was cold water that caused shrinkage? :)
No wonder my wife wont let me wash clothes any more. She prolly thought I was trying squeeze more cleavage out of her. lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
T-ham needs a clone...to show up at minicamp for him.
He has a clone in brother DHam. At least they have the same brain. Or perhaps each got half a brain. That could explain alot.

BTW, if you really are going to be nasty I just want to say I am fairly certain I am more handsome than Nors. :)
My wife has family in Cape Cod. How far is that from ya?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You know I remember that vaguely. Wasn't there thought he would one day run for Texas' Governor or something?
I think they had all sorts of big plans for Roger but they could never convince him to run for office. The support was there and I think he could have had a successful career in politics had he chosen to.

It has been awhile since all that happened; it was right after Roger retired from the Cowboys. My older brother had unrelated business dealings with a couple of the people that were in that group but he wasn't directly involved. They got another candidate (I think it was Phil Gramm but that may not be right) that they supported after Staubach turned them down.