If Dak can't throw, how do you explain 2016?

Dre11

Reaction score
See above, Romo coached/mentored DAK. There is so much a QB has to know, read defense, protections, plays etc. DAK had the best coach on the Cowboys team helping him. After Romo's departure....DAK was left to figure it out on his own = drop in performance

Romo on the Team = DAK Shined
Romo gone = DAK disappoints

This is BS, stop making up falsehoods

Johnny23

Reaction score
Dak always had some pocket presence issues, but he was never nearly so panicky in 2016 as he's become since the Atlanta game.
Agreed, they have been amplified since then and it's obvious to me that he's gone into a shell. Not something that I can have my franchise quarterback do that.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Our coaches are horrible coaches.
Romo was a guy who did not have the team nor the support to finish it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The more excuses made for Zeke, the more I hate wasting the #4 overall pick on a RB.

Its why you don't use a 4th pick on a RB. This defense would be close to top shelf with a shut down corner leading the secondary. When you have the 4th pick in the draft you better use it wisely. And taking a RB is just plain stupid. The Giants will regret it soon enough.

Cap12

Reaction score
Its why you don't use a 4th pick on a RB. This defense would be close to top shelf with a shut down corner leading the secondary. When you have the 4th pick in the draft you better use it wisely. And taking a RB is just plain stupid. The Giants will regret it soon enough.
That's just revisionist history. Zeke was best pick there. Our Defense (and secondary for that matter) is the best phase of this team in 2018. If we want have a hope in 2018, it will be Zeke running the ball and playing great D.

Dre11

Reaction score
Maybe he should have been listening to a guy who started for about 120 wins in the NFL instead of listening to Capt. Butt Fumble or a guy who never won a game in the NFL.

Yet he won rookie of the year in 2016 listening to Mr. Butt Fumble.....

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Dak was fresh out of college being coached by Dan Mullen .

Yep, coaching can progress or regress a player .

Thats how things go .

But don't you worry Dak has Garrett and Kellen Moore . :banghead:

Cap12

Reaction score
Yet he won rookie of the year in 2016 listening to Mr. Butt Fumble.....
He was driving a Ferrari that year. Rusty Romo came off the bench with that same offense and looked like Johnny Unitas on one drive (and clearly outplayed Dak in that game). How's Dak done playing with merely a good offense since?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Its just mental. He will get it going. Remember he has a whole new cast around him with some exception. Its gonna take time.

Cap12

Reaction score
Because voters are biased towards QBs. Zeke was the real MVP that season.
That is so true. Dak was terrific, but the team was a run first team and Dak's QB numbers were skewed because of how little he had to throw the ball compared to the other top QBs in the game.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak has the tools to be a franchise guy and have been critical of him for awhile. But I am holding out hope that he will prove me horribly wrong.

I like Dak and am really pulling for him. Most importantly so we will have our QB locked in for years to come.

I was at the game Sunday and it was hard to watch. I hope we make the Giants pay for what they plan to do in defense and Dak starts to come around.

Cap12

Reaction score
I don’t think Dak has the tools to be a franchise guy and have been critical of him for awhile. But I am holding out hope that he will prove me horribly wrong.

I like Dak and am really pulling for him. Most importantly so we will have our QB locked in for years to come.

I was at the game Sunday and it was hard to watch. I hope we make the Giants pay for what they plan to do in defense and Dak starts to come around.
I'm with you, brother. Like Dak, but am worried he won't develop. Let's hope he proves us wrong.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's just revisionist history. Zeke was best pick there. Our Defense (and secondary for that matter) is the best phase of this team in 2018. If we want have a hope in 2018, it will be Zeke running the ball and playing great D.

Didn't like the use of the pick the day it happened. The best use of the pick would have been the all pro shut down corner now leading the best defense in the NFL in Jacksonville. That's who I wanted.

jnday

Reaction score
If dak can't throw, how do you explain 2016?

If zeke was a crutch for dak in 2016, how do you explain week 1?
That season was the exception rather than the norm. Dak is now playing just like he did in college. The Dak you see now is the real Dak. Living in Mississippi, I was able to see much more coverage of Dak than the normal fan. With the exception of that one year, he has always been inaccurate and limited on passes over 10 yards. He is s great kid, but he is not a starting quality NFL QB.

Cap12

Reaction score
Didn't like the use of the pick the day it happened. The best use of the pick would have been the all pro shut down corner now leading the best defense in the NFL in Jacksonville. That's who I wanted.
You remember how ineffective we look in 2015 in the running game? We couldn't get chunk plays or score on the ground. Right now, we are very strong at CB and as good as the CB in Jacksonville is, he still talks better than he plays. Zeke is a generational talent at RB. Ramsey could be too, but the jury is still out.