If Dak demands Wentz money, does Jerry cave and surrunder the future? Does Dak walk?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm specifically speaking to Pappy. I hardly ever see him talk about any of the positives of Dak. I don't think he's the best, honestly. But I think he's been rather brilliant for us overall. And I would like to point out that he was laughing at my point that teams like the Bucs and Raiders would happily take Dak if we don't keep him. So, then I went back and laid out for him the issues they and the Bengals have had.

I believe that he has been competent but not brilliant by any means. He still has problems beating the blitz regularly. I mean, that is not the mark of a brilliant QB. I'm not trying to be argumentative with you here. I'm simply stating facts, as I see them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why you going to miss all them Field-goals or our non-existent long game and maybe our 29th RedZone ranking?
Sorry Cowboy Brother we DESERVE better than lemon Dak......

I have a sneaky suspicion that we will not be having the red zone issues or the long game issues this season that we've had in the past. We will see, but I really like the positives that Dak offers. He's usually clutch in the 4th quarter. He may not have the best deep ball, but there's FAR more to an effective offence than a deep ball. I'd like for him to play a few more deep balls, but I'm not fussed that he doesn't do it often as long as we're moving the ball. Though, it's interesting because, after Cooper got here, he did start to hit the long ball better. We shall see what he does with a full off-season with Cooper. Also, I'm curious to see how Dak and Gallup will work out the kinks of their passing game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I believe that he has been competent but not brilliant by any means. He still has problems beating the blitz regularly. I mean, that is not the mark of a brilliant QB. I'm not trying to be argumentative with you here. I'm simply stating facts, as I see them.

Oh, no worries. He does need better awareness of that, and I've pointed that out. That's one of the areas that I'd like Kitna help him improve.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ok here's a couple of Positives for Dak......He's durable and runs well.
You happy now?
GOOD.
Now tell the above Positive traits how much do they really count for the QB position?
Minimal at best.....

As also stated, he has quite a good record in the 4th quarter. His 4th quarter against Seattle is a very good example of this. He took the team on his back that quarter. Is he perfect? No. But he's been damn good when we've needed him for the most part. If Kitna can help him improve his awareness (which is coachable), then I think he will go from at the very least a competent (I think very good overall) QB to a damn good (bordering on great) QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a sneaky suspicion that we will not be having the red zone issues or the long game issues this season that we've had in the past. We will see, but I really like the positives that Dak offers. He's usually clutch in the 4th quarter. He may not have the best deep ball, but there's FAR more to an effective offence than a deep ball. I'd like for him to play a few more deep balls, but I'm not fussed that he doesn't do it often as long as we're moving the ball. Though, it's interesting because, after Cooper got here, he did start to hit the long ball better. We shall see what he does with a full off-season with Cooper. Also, I'm curious to see how Dak and Gallup will work out the kinks of their passing game.

Here come Dak-Friendly part II...lol.....oh boy well let me tell you whats going to happen....it will be the same anemic passing attack as Cooper will be doubled and Witten is to slow and Dak will still be well Dak...panic filled in- accurate and looking for that stat friendly check-down.
By the end of the season all the Dak lovers will be SCREAMING for Moore's head....remember this post and revert back to it come December.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Okay, do you honestly think Dak is worse than Winston, for example? Or are you just trolling? Winston has been nothing short of a bust. And he's a complete and utter moron. I can assure you that the Bucs would POUNCE on Dak if he were a FA. I know you want to believe that Dak is the worst QB, but he's definitely not.

Sure, he's got Zeke. Having elite teammates doesn't diminish the talent of a player. They help their teammates SHOWCASE their talent. As Drew Brees often points out, NOTHING in the NFL is done alone. Dak has been a BIG help in GUIDING this team to not one, but TWO division titles in 3 years. Just to put it in perspective, not since 2004 has our division had a team repeat as division champs. Then, there's this:

Division champs by year:

2005 NY Giants
2006 Philadelphia Eagles
2007 Dallas Cowboys (Romo at QB)
2008 Philadelphia Eagles
2009 Dallas Cowboys (Romo at QB)
2010 Philadelphia Eagles
2011 NY Giants
2012 Washington Commanders
2013 Philadelphia Eagles
2014 Dallas Cowboys (Romo at QB)
2015 Washington Commanders
2016 Dallas Cowboys (Dak at QB)
2017 Philadelphia Eagles
2018 Dallas Cowboys (Dak at QB)

As you can see, Romo in 2014 and Dak in 2016 and 2018 are the only QBs in this division to have led their team to a division title every other year since the Eagles in 2010 (who, coincidentally, alternated with us for 4 straight seasons, as listed, for the division title). Thus, what Dak has done has been nothing short of impressive. Oh! And he is the first QB to, by his 3rd year, to win the division in at least twice. That's also a very impressive and consistent record.

The Buccaneers, Raiders, and Bengals would LOVE to be the beneficiaries of that sort of consistency. The Buccaneers, for example, haven't been to the playoffs since the 2007-2008 season. They spent a number 1 overall pick on Winston in 2015. His best record was 9-7 in 2016. That's also, coincidentally, the only time he and his team have been over 0.500. in fact, their record these last two seasons have been a consistent 5-11. Think they wouldn't take Dak's consistency in a heartbeat?

How about the Raiders? Yes, Derek Carr made the playoffs in 2016. However, let's break down their record since Derek came into the league in 2014.

2014: 3-13 (Dear me! That's pathetic! Nothing like Dak's 13-3 in his rookie year)
2015: 7-9
2016: 2014 (made playoffs)
2017: 6-10
2018: 4-12 (blimey!)

The Bengals haven't been to the playoffs since 2015. They haven't WON a playoff game since 1990. I wasn't born yet. I think they'd be happy to have Dak.

The one I can understand you possibly chuckling about on my list would be the Saints. However, with Brees likely retiring within the season or two, they would certainly qualify.

We will see what happens this season, but I think we are poised for a deep run in the playoffs this year with the talent on our team. If we go where I think we will go, Dak's price tag will be MUCH higher than it is now. And, as stated, I think he'll likely have a market that we'll be competing with.

I know this response is quite long, but just thought I'd break down for you why I said what I said.
Excellently formulated strategery in re-buff of the errant turds loosed by the forum loophole of pappydogs- uncontrollably active flappy sphincteric spasmin' poophole,,,er,,,and intelligently presented in impressive fashion as well my friend:thumbup:

*don't pay another 2 seconds more wasted time on pappydogs posts,,,he only( ,,,er,,,I figure at least 98.6% of the time) vehemently establishes hisself by hatefully pissin' on all things #4 he possibly perceives positive:rolleyes:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Here come Dak-Friendly part II...lol.....oh boy well let me tell you whats going to happen....it will be the same anemic passing attack as Cooper will be doubled and Witten is to slow and Dak will still be well Dak...panic filled in- accurate and looking for that stat friendly check-down.
By the end of the season all the Dak lovers will be SCREAMING for Moore's head....remember this post and revert back to it come December.

See, I don't think that will be an issue. I've laid out on previous posts. I think this team is capable of at least an NFCC appearance. As long as we're healthy and not much in the way of suspensions, that's where I expect us to reach. I think it might take a game or two to work out the kinks, but bloody hell! This is a loaded offence. Jolly exciting.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As also stated, he has quite a good record in the 4th quarter. His 4th quarter against Seattle is a very good example of this. He took the team on his back that quarter. Is he perfect? No. But he's been damn good when we've needed him for the most part. If Kitna can help him improve his awareness (which is coachable), then I think he will go from at the very least a competent (I think very good overall) QB to a damn good (bordering on great) QB.

With his legs....we have Zeke for that what is he doing with his arm?
He's a QB right .....arm talent counts last time I checked.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Excellently formulated strategery in re-buff of the errant turds loosed by the forum loophole of pappydogs- uncontrollably active flappy sphincteric spasmin' poophole,,,er,,,and intelligently presented in impressive fashion as well my friend:thumbup:

*don't pay another 2 seconds more wasted time on pappydogs posts,,,he only( ,,,er,,,I figure at least 98.6% of the time) vehemently establishes hisself by hatefully pissin' on all things #4 he possibly perceives positive:rolleyes:

Actually, I'm having quite a bit of fun with this. This is a bit like a Spitfire in a battle with a Stutka (being nice about that as the Stutka was a rather formidable plane). However, I will be heading to church in about an hour. But I'm actually having quite a bit of fun.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
See, I don't think that will be an issue. I've laid out on previous posts. I think this team is capable of at least an NFCC appearance. As long as we're healthy and not much in the way of suspensions, that's where I expect us to reach. I think it might take a game or two to work out the kinks, but bloody hell! This is a loaded offence. Jolly exciting.

Its a Ferrari with a Bad Driver bud.....shame as yes this team is Superbowl ready if we only had a QB defenses feared.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
With his legs....we have Zeke for that what is he doing with his arm?
He's a QB right .....arm talent counts last time I checked.....

And his arm was quite good overall that game, including the 4th. I enjoy watching Dak play overall. Sure, his short game might get a tad boring for some, but it does serve a purpose and wear out the defence. I suppose it helps that I'm an English Football fan (as my signature implies), because I'm used to slow strategic play. That worked against Seattle and I enjoyed it. Furthermore, what has me excited is that our offence now has a massive group of talented receivers. I'm excited to see what Dak has in store for us this season.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And his arm was quite good overall that game, including the 4th. I enjoy watching Dak play overall. Sure, his short game might get a tad boring for some, but it does serve a purpose and wear out the defence. I suppose it helps that I'm an English Football fan (as my signature implies), because I'm used to slow strategic play. That worked against Seattle and I enjoyed it. Furthermore, what has me excited is that our offence now has a massive group of talented receivers. I'm excited to see what Dak has in store for us this season.

That's all his talent level allows him to throw.....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Its a Ferrari with a Bad Driver bud.....shame as yes this team is Superbowl ready if we only had a QB defenses feared.....

Honestly, I think defences do fear our QB. Does he have room to improve? Sure. But, especially when he got Cooper, I think what caused defences to fear him in 2016 returned. Just ask the Commanders after the Thanksgiving match. Dak absolutely carved them up like the turkey he munched on later that night. Or the Eagles both games. Dak carved them up too. So yeah, I think teams do fear him. I'm excited to see what he'll do this year.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that why Cooper caught the 30ish yard pass against Washington on Thanksgiving?

How many of those for the whole season? Trust me bud you really don't wanna discuss Dak's long game its a glutton for punishment......for any Dak believer....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
How many of those for the whole season? Trust me bud you really don't wanna discuss Dak's long game its a glutton for punishment......for any Dak believer....

You responded to my comment about his short game by saying that it is all his arm allows him to throw. That's why I countered with that play as an example. Sure, it might not be as often as you'd like. But, that play and some of the others in had after Cooper got here show that he can do that. I'd like him to be a bit more consistent there, and that's where this off-season should help to get him and his receivers in sync better.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You responded to my comment about his short game by saying that it is all his arm allows him to throw. That's why I countered with that play as an example. Sure, it might not be as often as you'd like. But, that play and some of the others in had after Cooper got here show that he can do that. I'd like him to be a bit more consistent there, and that's where this off-season should help to get him and his receivers in sync better.

OK bud gl to us....lets hope Zeke runs runs runs and our defense holds its own and lets see how far this year Dak will Drive the bus.....GL

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Oh, no worries. He does need better awareness of that, and I've pointed that out. That's one of the areas that I'd like Kitna help him improve.

I think it's fair to expect anybody, in any vocation, to become proficient in their profession before they earn top dollar. I work in and industry where people make a lot of money. Certainly not the kind of money that Professional QBs make but it's not unheard of for somebody to make a couple of million a year in this line of work. However, I could never control costs if I simply paid every promising young person who showed some aptitude top dollar. You have to produce at the highest level and that's really no different here to me. It's not as if Dak is being offered a contract that is significantly lower then others in his profession. There are only 7 QBs in the NFL who are averaging more then 25 Mil per season and of those, only 5 have more then 50 Mil fully guaranteed. I expect Dak to get in the area of 25 Mil per guaranteed for something in the area of 75 or more. I mean, that's not a bad deal to be honest and it's a top 10 QB deal right now. Dak is not as good as some of these other QBs in the league who are making less but then again, he's probably better then other starters as well. However, I don't know that I can honestly say that he is better then any of the guys who are making more then he is. That's the truth of it. I never believed in the whole 30 million plus going rate thing. It's foolish to over pay for something because somebody else is going to do it. You become successful by doing it better and smarter, not by paying above list for everything.

JMO

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
OK bud gl to us....lets hope Zeke runs runs runs and our defense holds its own and lets see how far this year Dak will Drive the bus.....GL

I am very much hopeful that Dak will drive us to the NFCC or more. I think he can do that, and that's what I'm expecting.