If Dak demands Wentz money, does Jerry cave and surrunder the future? Does Dak walk?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it's fair to expect anybody, in any vocation, to become proficient in their profession before they earn top dollar. I work in and industry where people make a lot of money. Certainly not the kind of money that Professional QBs make but it's not unheard of for somebody to make a couple of million a year in this line of work. However, I could never control costs if I simply paid every promising young person who showed some aptitude top dollar. You have to produce at the highest level and that's really no different here to me. It's not as if Dak is being offered a contract that is significantly lower then others in his profession. There are only 7 QBs in the NFL who are averaging more then 25 Mil per season and of those, only 5 have more then 50 Mil fully guaranteed. I expect Dak to get in the area of 25 Mil per guaranteed for something in the area of 75 or more. I mean, that's not a bad deal to be honest and it's a top 10 QB deal right now. Dak is not as good as some of these other QBs in the league who is making less but then again, he's probably better then other starters as well. However, I don't know that I can honestly say that he is better then any of the guys who are making more then he is. That's the truth of it. I never believed in the whole 30 million plus going rate thing. It's foolish to over pay for something because somebody else is going to do it. You become successful by doing it better and smarter, not by paying above list for everything.

JMO

I agree with you in principle. I do think that players SHOULD be paid according to their performance and not just based on their position. However, I do think that the Wentz's deal is going to drive Dak's next contract higher because I think Dak is, at the very least, close to Wentz in raw talent. I think $25 mil would be a very good deal, especially compared to what he's making now as a 4th rounder. However, I'd also not be shocked if he does get near the $32 mil Went got just. The team's I laid out are teams that I think would probably go for that deal. However, if we're lucky, maybe Dak will give us that discount. We shall see.

Ellie826

Reaction score
I know Matt Ryan won it in 2016, but, if I remember rightly, Dak was in the thick of the conversation for MVP that year. And that was his rookie season.

Narrative had to be a factor though, right? Just evaluating arm talent, reading progressions, etc, people would say wentz’s 2017 was better than daks 2016. I’m not saying Wentz is the better QB. Dak has proven to be more clutch and that is definitely a factor but I’d be surprised if more teams would choose Dak over Wentz if both of them made it to free agency at the same time.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The original question to start this thread is one of the dumbest ones of all time.

Jones already conceded his negotiation rights a long, long time ago.

Debating it now is idiotic.

No, he is not going to draw a line in the sand or anything else.

He bent over a while back. Now, he is just spreading.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I think it's fair to expect anybody, in any vocation, to become proficient in their profession before they earn top dollar. I work in and industry where people make a lot of money. Certainly not the kind of money that Professional QBs make but it's not unheard of for somebody to make a couple of million a year in this line of work. However, I could never control costs if I simply paid every promising young person who showed some aptitude top dollar. You have to produce at the highest level and that's really no different here to me. It's not as if Dak is being offered a contract that is significantly lower then others in his profession. There are only 7 QBs in the NFL who are averaging more then 25 Mil per season and of those, only 5 have more then 50 Mil fully guaranteed. I expect Dak to get in the area of 25 Mil per guaranteed for something in the area of 75 or more. I mean, that's not a bad deal to be honest and it's a top 10 QB deal right now. Dak is not as good as some of these other QBs in the league who are making less but then again, he's probably better then other starters as well. However, I don't know that I can honestly say that he is better then any of the guys who are making more then he is. That's the truth of it. I never believed in the whole 30 million plus going rate thing. It's foolish to over pay for something because somebody else is going to do it. You become successful by doing it better and smarter, not by paying above list for everything.

JMO
*downtown dynamite & righteously right-0n:thumbup:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Actually, I'm having quite a bit of fun with this. This is a bit like a Spitfire in a battle with a Stutka (being nice about that as the Stutka was a rather formidable plane). .
Ha,ya! as a screaming squalling heathens hell spawned of designed terror induced destruction in the dive bombing category,it was Superior, yet, in aerial fist-a-cuff's? with the spitfires griffon rolls royce powerplant,,, along with ,,,vastly superior ceiling, time on station,speed ,turn radius & smaller compacted airframe,,,let's just say 'COPY'

:lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dear fans who discuss and discuss and discuss.

How many of you would want Dak to get Wentz-type money?
How many of you would want Dak to walk?
How many of you, if Jerry relents, would be willing to stick around for 4 or more years with a developing QB who, at least last year, could not unleash the long ball?

Jason+Moore+Dak does not inspire optimism for moi.
For you?

Please give me your take on all these questions.
And, keep in mind, if Dak gets Wentz-type money, what is to keep Amari and Zeke happy with lesser rewards?
Are we on the way to being saddle with a point of no return contract with Dak? Dak the developing QB who might get record riches for marginal play?

Dak IS the future. Get used to it or get lost. :lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Here come Dak-Friendly part II...lol.....oh boy well let me tell you whats going to happen....it will be the same anemic passing attack as Cooper will be doubled and Witten is to slow and Dak will still be well Dak...panic filled in- accurate and looking for that stat friendly check-down.
By the end of the season all the Dak lovers will be SCREAMING for Moore's head....remember this post and revert back to it come December.
I for one will definitely remember and ram it down your throat at the end of the season.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dak IS the future. Get used to it or get lost. :lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao:

He is the future. Such as it is.
But what kind of future?
Upon his junior year, get ready for me to hang that on you, that "he is the future." You might come to regret your exuberance, Hoppy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He is the future. Such as it is.
But what kind of future?
Upon his junior year, get ready for me to hang that on you, that "he is the future." You might come to regret your exuberance, Hoppy.

More then likely, trolls like you will continue to look the fool.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I don't specifically want Dak to walk, but I'm willing to let him if the price is too high. I don't want the team hamstrung without enough money to pay for the quality we need in other positions. Dak is not the type of QB who has such an abundance of talent that he can make up for other glaring deficiencies. If you don't surround him with the talent that he needs, you can't win with him. If the cap situation is such that you can't pay him without losing that talent around him, you might as well not go with him. So if his price ends up too high, you let him walk and you draft a QB in the first round. This team has only drafted a QB in the first round twice in its history (Craig Morton and Troy Aikman). I'm fine with them doing it again, and not necessarily even starting him the first year. We could bring in a twilight-years veteran for him to learn behind for a year.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't specifically want Dak to walk, but I'm willing to let him if the price is too high. I don't want the team hamstrung without enough money to pay for the quality we need in other positions. Dak is not the type of QB who has such an abundance of talent that he can make up for other glaring deficiencies. If you don't surround him with the talent that he needs, you can't win with him. If the cap situation is such that you can't pay him without losing that talent around him, you might as well not go with him. So if his price ends up too high, you let him walk and you draft a QB in the first round. This team has only drafted a QB in the first round twice in its history (Craig Morton and Troy Aikman). I'm fine with them doing it again, and not necessarily even starting him the first year. We could bring in a twilight-years veteran for him to learn behind for a year.
:clap:
Of course we dont want him to walk. But it might happen.
See, if Dak wants a ridiculous price, what then of Amari and Zeke?
Those three could put us in cap hell for the next 5 years.
If one has to walk, I pick Zeke.

On the other hand, a QB who fumbles frequently and avoids the long ball is no shining star who deserves top QB money.
Some will say "Jerry will pay all three and lived will go on."
The fear is no one knows what the three's agents will want.

Nemesis4u

Reaction score
He cant walk we have him for next 3 years and theres nothing he can do about it.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I think he should change his name from "Gimmetheball" to

"GimmeAtissue"!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

I wonder how you determined what the appropriate amount of emojis is. I know you got me on ignore because I asked you to back up what you said at one point, but who knows, maybe you'll step up and be a man for once.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Ha,ya! as a screaming squalling heathens hell spawned of designed terror induced destruction in the dive bombing category,it was Superior, yet, in aerial fist-a-cuff's? with the spitfires griffon rolls royce powerplant,,, along with ,,,vastly superior ceiling, time on station,speed ,turn radius & smaller compacted airframe,,,let's just say 'COPY'

:lmao:

Roger that, dear boy. Haha. Oh, and the plane used by Bruce Dickinson in Aces high is a Spitfire. One of the best fighter planes in WW2 along with the P51 Mustang.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Narrative had to be a factor though, right? Just evaluating arm talent, reading progressions, etc, people would say wentz’s 2017 was better than daks 2016. I’m not saying Wentz is the better QB. Dak has proven to be more clutch and that is definitely a factor but I’d be surprised if more teams would choose Dak over Wentz if both of them made it to free agency at the same time.

Yes, I think that Dak and Wentz are very close. But the clutch and health comparisons give Dak the edge for me.....and he's the Cowboys QB haha. A bit like asking if I like the Spitfire or Stutka better haha.