If Dak didn't get hurt, how confident would you be this week, and the weeks to follow

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would have had no confidence about this week, but hard to say after that. Some of it depends on the development of the OL. Some depends on when Gallup returns. Our offense got dominated by a good defense. That's not the first time that's happened and wouldn't have taken us out of the running for winning the East and making the playoffs.

However, beating teams that were already better than us last year was always questionable when we did not do as much in the offseason to improve, so losing to the Bucs, Bengals and Rams should be expected no matter what, as should not making it far in the playoffs if we get there.

ICP

Reaction score
Not much, they looked about as bad as you can get

glimmerman

Reaction score
More comfortable with Dak in there. Maybe Moore will stick with the run this week.. Although I figure they will stack the box this week and make Rush throw to the rookies..

aikemirv

Reaction score
That's the thing, even if Dak didn't get hurt, after seeing this team for 3.5 quarters my level of confidence in this week and the season wouldn't be much different with or without Dak
Not confident at all. I knew the lack of WR's was going to hurt this offense. That and penalties. Both of which we saw in full view on Sunday. The picture is bleak!

75boyz

Reaction score
I was 8-8-1 and a return to normal mediocrity with a fully healthy Dak playing all 17 games.

After watching his game 1 performance I will be curious to see if there is noticeable improvement in his game that I still say peaked his rookie year.

I'm sure others will be curious to see as well.

Ken

Reaction score
That's the thing, even if Dak didn't get hurt, after seeing this team for 3.5 quarters my level of confidence in this week and the season wouldn't be much different with or without Dak
I would be very confident.

Week 1s are always crazy. You can draw 0 conclusions from it.

I am not sure what it is, maybe it is not being ready, maybe its not having film, whatever. Teams every year have crazy week 1s. I would say you can't really know much until week 3 or 4.

Look at GB last year...lost 38-3 and everybody was all over them. Rodgers told everybody to RELAX and they ended up in the #1 seed. There are a million other examples.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think they would have played better than vs. Tampa.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I would be very confident.

Week 1s are always crazy. You can draw 0 conclusions from it.

I am not sure what it is, maybe it is not being ready, maybe its not having film, whatever. Teams every year have crazy week 1s. I would say you can't really know much until week 3 or 4.

Look at GB last year...lost 38-3 and everybody was all over them. Rodgers told everybody to RELAX and they ended up in the #1 seed. There are a million other examples.
The "relax" thing from Rodgers happened in 2014.....

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
What was he 11 for 25 for 100 yards and an int which shoulda been 3 or 4. Zero confidence seasons over. ****** gm, HC, oc, qb. Where you going with that?

Ken

Reaction score
The "relax" thing from Rodgers happened in 2014.....
My bad. Same result though, in 2014 they lost 38-16 and then went on to the #1 seed.

Here is what he said last year, "I’ll let him use those words, and I’ll use, It’s just one game. Ya know, we played bad, I played bad, offensively we didn’t execute very well. One game, we got 16 to go."

People freaked out over that too.