If Dak didn't get hurt, how confident would you be this week, and the weeks to follow

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My bad. Same result though, in 2014 they lost 38-16 and then went on to the #1 seed.

Here is what he said last year, "I’ll let him use those words, and I’ll use, It’s just one game. Ya know, we played bad, I played bad, offensively we didn’t execute very well. One game, we got 16 to go."

People freaked out over that too.
Well I trust Aaron Rodgers saying that. He's earned that trust throughout his career.

shabazz

Reaction score
This team held Brady and one of the best offenses to 1 TD and 19 points. Having the right quarterback would have meant winning that game. I have no doubt that even having a Qb like Herbert gets us the W in that game.

leeblair

Reaction score
That's the thing, even if Dak didn't get hurt, after seeing this team for 3.5 quarters my level of confidence in this week and the season wouldn't be much different with or without Dak
8-9

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
That's the thing, even if Dak didn't get hurt, after seeing this team for 3.5 quarters my level of confidence in this week and the season wouldn't be much different with or without Dak

Definitely....which is why i could care less when Dak comes back. He is bad, and this offense is bad. MM and KM is bad. Nothing really positive about this whole thing. Sad to say that after just one game, but i would have to be a blind homer to believe otherwise.

Swagger

Reaction score
Well based on previous history since 2016 the Cowboys have gone 5-7 without Dak and only one of those games was with the best teams from last season or 2016 itself. Several of those wins came with a banged up offensive line. So pretty much the same expectation with Rush. It's not like 2015 when the team went 2-0 with Romo then lost the next 8 without him.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pretty much the same. Dak looked to be in the same exact funk, worse even, than what he looked like as we stumbled along after the Denver game. Wasn't expecting much this year, expecting less now unless Rush can catch lightning in a bottle and this coaching staff pulls their heads out of the sand.

Nexx

Reaction score
most people's confidence would be higher. this is what would have happened. last 7 minutes of the game with bucs still up 19-3, the bucs go into prevent defense which Dak does well against cause he doesnt really have to read the defense. if you notice when team blitz Dak he does well because he doesnt have to read the defense. blitz comes thats where the area where the opening is, throw it there. not much decision making having to be done against prevent or blitz defense. Dak's best passes are his deep passes. he pretty accurate on those. Denver figured this out and now its the blue print to play two high safeties

Aven8

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter. Our WR’s are green and not dynamic, and our OC is just strange. A triple reverse? With two of the fastest LB’s in football on the other side?! Smh….

Time to get more snaps for Turbin, and Simi going deep if you want to have any chance. Those two with Lamb are pretty dynamic.

CWR

Reaction score

I'd be 2-2 confident.

Big D

Reaction score
More comfortable with Dak in there. Maybe Moore will stick with the run this week.. Although I figure they will stack the box this week and make Rush throw to the rookies..
I don't think rush can count on any help from the playcaller. We where were expecting to lean on the run last week and zeke got 10 carries. In 2019 Dak had a torn rotator cuff and couldn't throw at all during the week. We went into the game with the eagles expecting to use the run game more effectively. Dak ended up having to throw 44 passes while zeke got 13 carries. This is how Kellen rolls.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

100% loss.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would not be very confident this week. The Bengals are going to be really angry and focused after losing to the Steelers the way they did. The should have won that games 3 or 4 times.

I just want to see some improvement on both sides of the ball this week. I want to see the OL pick up the line games a bit better and I want to see the defense contain the outsides a bit more.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don't think rush can count on any help from the playcaller. We where were expecting to lean on the run last week and zeke got 10 carries. In 2019 Dak had a torn rotator cuff and couldn't throw at all during the week. We went into the game with the eagles expecting to use the run game more effectively. Dak ended up having to throw 44 passes while zeke got 13 carries. This is how Kellen rolls.
It reminds me of when Linehan was here and we would be first and goal at the 2. Linehan calls 3 straight pass plays. Oh snap… Moore learned under Linehan. There’s our answer. Of course.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Not confident at all.

They did nothing in free agency

We saw the same team we saw in the playoffs with less talent.

I hope Jerry Jones chokes on this crappy team he built.

basel90

Reaction score
actually cooper may do better at this stage

DFWJC

Reaction score
Less confident for this week than I was before the Bucs game---regardless of injury.

They dominated us. If not for them having to settle to field goals, it would've been a huge mauling. And their team was arguable even more beat up than Dallas'.

RS12

Reaction score
Cincy is a good team. Dak doesnt beat good teams. Not sure how much the division has improved, but with or without Dak the team looks 5 or 6 wins max.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think we were going to be in trouble this week regardless considering Chase is on the other side. However, after this game, I think the schedule would've become more favorable. The only really big challenges we would have had would have been the Rams and Packers for the remainder of the season. I would really not have been all that worried by anyone else this season.