If Dak gets injured

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I don't think this affects cowboys at all.

I'd be more curious about DAK'S plan when it comes to health. If he feels a tweak in his hammy, is he gonna say he needs to sit out for 3 weeks (to ensure he doesn't have a major injury that would affect his next contract which I'm sure he's hoping is Kirk Cousins-esque)?

Just wondering if he's gonna say "screw the team" and wrap himself in cellophane to prevent injury.
But...Dak could say thats what the Org is doing to him by not contorting the books to add players to win this coming year.

I get what you are saying. But there are two sides.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
But...Dak could say thats what the Org is doing to him by not contorting the books to add players to win this coming year.

I get what you are saying. But there are two sides.
I'm not judging either way. Just curious how Dak will treat this upcoming season if in fact he knows he's playing a final lame duck season for them.

More of a curiosity for me than an opinion

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I'm not judging either way. Just curious how Dak will treat this upcoming season if in fact he knows he's playing a final lame duck season for them.

More of a curiosity for me than an opinion
Im curious too.

Not fair to fans that Owners are upset with Players for being business minded. Its so "pot calling the kettle black".

In the grand scheme of things...the owners would do what Dak is doing...thats what is so off putting about it.

They need to institute Bird Rights or cap the percentage of cap a QB can get but the League allow teams to give big bonuses to QB's based on Playoff success...but have it tied to some scale based on the amount of throws the QB has to make so that a QB doesnt get a big bonus for only having to throw 5 passes all game while the run game was in full effect. Something like that.

This QB debate is so old and kills sports boards.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry will eventually give Dak a $60M extension becoming the highest-paid player in the league. You Dak haters are just going to have to deal with it.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Prior to his last contract, Dak suffered a season ending injury. The Cowboys struggled without a quarterback, and the pressure was on Jerry to "do the right thing" and extend Dak; resulting in the contract that he received that has kept the Cowboys from moving on.
So now with Dak set to play out his last remaining year on a disastrous contract, does an injury pose the possibility of him once again being able to reap the benefits of a "pity" parade that could pressure Jerry into an even bigger mistake with another contract?
Jerry needs to realize this :
What’s the difference if you go 13-4 or 4-13 and in both circumstances you win 0 playoff games ? A worst draft pick.
Dak actually hurts the team much more than he helps , unless you enjoy beating weak teams during regular season only to lose to anyone that can challenge you annd then end up with a worse draft pick.
Dak is a loser and he will always be a loser .

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Jerry needs to realize this :
What’s the difference if you go 13-4 or 4-13 and in both circumstances you win 0 playoff games ? A worst draft pick.
Dak actually hurts the team much more than he helps , unless you enjoy beating weak teams during regular season only to lose to anyone that can challenge you annd then end up with a worse draft pick.
Dak is a loser and he will always be a loser .
If he hurts the team why has he not been cut? Why keep a player you believe hurts your chances of winning. If you know he hurts the team why can’t McCarthy and Stephen see that? Jerry can’t see anything clearly anymore, but his son and the head coach should know Prescott hurts the team. Why is he still associated with the Dallas Cowboys?

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
If he hurts the team why has he not been cut? Why keep a player you believe hurts your chances of winning. If you know he hurts the team why can’t McCarthy and Stephen see that? Jerry can’t see anything clearly anymore, but his son and the head coach should know Prescott hurts the team. Why is he still associated with the Dallas Cowboys?
Good question.

ArtClink

Reaction score
lol. I extremely doubt Jerry Jones gave Dak Prescott a contract last time out of pity. The man believes he is a master talent evaluator. He got fully behind Prescott as his franchise quarterback two months into a rookie fourth-round draft pick's career. Similarly, he went 'all in' on an undrafted free agent Tony Romo after he replaced an injured Drew Bledsoe.

What Jones will finally do THIS time with Prescott cannot get here soon enough. On the one hand, some have ridden off Prescott years before today. On the other hand, Jones has not yet said anything definitive about Prescott's future beyond 2024. A decision will eventually be made that will either mirror what Jones has always done OR what is totally out of left field for him.
And Jerry was the idiot that paid an often injured Romo, near Peyton Manning money to win one wildcard game in just ten years.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Prior to his last contract, Dak suffered a season ending injury. The Cowboys struggled without a quarterback, and the pressure was on Jerry to "do the right thing" and extend Dak; resulting in the contract that he received that has kept the Cowboys from moving on.
So now with Dak set to play out his last remaining year on a disastrous contract, does an injury pose the possibility of him once again being able to reap the benefits of a "pity" parade that could pressure Jerry into an even bigger mistake with another contract?
If Dak gets injured then, chaps, we tank and go high for a QB in 2025.