If Dak gets injured

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys should have walked away, but I think Jerry was under tremendous pressure to extend him and pay him way too much or risk alienating a huge portion of the NFL fan base.
Bold> How much is 'huge portion'? There is a significant number of fans and media who wanted to move on from Prescott before that time. And why is 'NFL' fan base a qualifier? Jones may care about how his franchise's fans feel about any matter but why should he be concerned how NFL fans feel in general?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The issue with Dak, besides his diminishing physical abilities, is between the ears. The guy is starting his 9th year in the league and as a starter. Has not learned how to read defenses and apparently doesn't even care to do any on his own time in the off season. Like great QBs do. Great DC know how to defend and confuse him time and time again which is obviously visible in playoff games. Never was worth the big contract several years ago and even less now. Maybe Jones finally getting it thru his thick skull.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
sick of jerry "doing the right thing" for the individual player - do the right thing for the cowboys and this fan base.
That's right. Surround Dak with a good Oline, good running attack, good WRs and a well designed playbook with excellent routes designed to help both your WRs and QB like other good playoff teams have.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Prior to his last contract, Dak suffered a season ending injury. The Cowboys struggled without a quarterback, and the pressure was on Jerry to "do the right thing" and extend Dak; resulting in the contract that he received that has kept the Cowboys from moving on.
So now with Dak set to play out his last remaining year on a disastrous contract, does an injury pose the possibility of him once again being able to reap the benefits of a "pity" parade that could pressure Jerry into an even bigger mistake with another contract?
You only get 1 PITY contract in a lifetime and Daktrash got his already.
At 1-4 and losing to NY at home that broken ankle was what gave him that deal.
No More Pity and no more paying millions and millions cause he's such a nice guy you know!!!!
s-500x311.jpg

We're a football team, not a church...............

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only incentive dak has for wanting a new contract today is injury. He's probably not worried about that to be honest, he will still get paid by a team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Prior to his last contract, Dak suffered a season ending injury. The Cowboys struggled without a quarterback, and the pressure was on Jerry to "do the right thing" and extend Dak; resulting in the contract that he received that has kept the Cowboys from moving on.
So now with Dak set to play out his last remaining year on a disastrous contract, does an injury pose the possibility of him once again being able to reap the benefits of a "pity" parade that could pressure Jerry into an even bigger mistake with another contract?
I doubt it. they are setting up to walk away. wouldn't surprise me to trade Lamb and other assets during the season and load up on draft picks. probably parsons might get traded too, except that jerry will take a 5th for Lamb and a 3rd for Parsons and call it a win!

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yeah that’s sad that you think that’s the same….
Nobody wished for an injury to Dak. It was a post about the potential affect of an injury to Dak. Exactly the same as discussing the potential affect of an injury to anyone. As you have done many times.

The lengths you'll go to throw your brand of shade is what's sad.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Dak is what he is and will never break his ceiling. A good regular season qb who can get you to the playoffs but not far into them

The problem with him is the same stance this team takes with free agents. You don’t want to pay good players elite money.
Dilfer, Foles, McMahon, Williams, Hostetler, Rypien, Johnson.

What you mean to say is we have to have the best QB in football to overcome GM Jethro's incompetence.

That is not Dak's fault, that his GM is incapable of building a complimentary football team.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You only get 1 PITY contract in a lifetime and Daktrash got his already.
At 1-4 and losing to NY at home that broken ankle was what gave him that deal.
No More Pity and no more paying millions and millions cause he's such a nice guy you know!!!!
s-500x311.jpg

We're a football team, not a church...............
What contract did you get? Did you get a deal for looking for planes on Fantasy Island? Send me the link, I may apply...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pity is a word for clueless fans. He was paid accordingly, does he have talent? Any idiot can see that he does, did he have the proper play calling and coaching? That is up for discussion....does he deserve to be paid as the top QB, no...but, he's better than most and only idiots can't see that.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I wonder what Tonya Harding is doing these days.
She might be looking for work...lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody wished for an injury to Dak. It was a post about the potential affect of an injury to Dak. Exactly the same as discussing the potential affect of an injury to anyone. As you have done many times.

The lengths you'll go to throw your brand of shade is what's sad.
The lengths you will go to get my attention. I never said he wished injury on Dak. I don’t know why y'all try to come for me when y’all lack basic comprehension skills.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Poetic Justice would be for Dak to have a pre-season injury and watch Trey Lance run off 8 consecutive wins.

StarLord

Reaction score
That's right. Surround Dak with a good Oline, good running attack, good WRs and a well designed playbook with excellent routes designed to help both your WRs and QB like other good playoff teams have.
Under the conditions you describe (i.e. SanFran) most QBs would do very well... So why pay 55-60 million for a bus driver?