If Dak gets injured

leeblair

Reaction score
Pity is a word for clueless fans. He was paid accordingly, does he have talent? Any idiot can see that he does, did he have the proper play calling and coaching? That is up for discussion....does he deserve to be paid as the top QB, no...but, he's better than most and only idiots can't see that.
When he gets to another team you'll see how good he is.
And you'll realize the Cowboys coddled him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The Cowboys' problem is now and has always been mismanagement. Throughout the years, it has been gradually increasing the chances of them becoming a team devoid of becoming a SB contestant. This situation with Dak is merely a small example of how the downward trend has come to be a serious challenge to their level of play and the success that they formerly enjoyed.

It seems sad that this FO appears helpless now, just when it's obviously destined to cause them irreparable harm. I'm bracing myself for what the remainder of what this season promises for the Cowboys. Let's hope some semblance of good judgment comes to visit this front office. This awful downward spiral promises to be painful in the season yet to come. :eek:

Last edited:

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Prior to his last contract, Dak suffered a season ending injury. The Cowboys struggled without a quarterback, and the pressure was on Jerry to "do the right thing" and extend Dak; resulting in the contract that he received that has kept the Cowboys from moving on.
So now with Dak set to play out his last remaining year on a disastrous contract, does an injury pose the possibility of him once again being able to reap the benefits of a "pity" parade that could pressure Jerry into an even bigger mistake with another contract?
How is a four year deal at $40 million AAV disastrous? Giving Dak the no tag and no trade clauses was Jerry’s stupidity. How they managed an otherwise modest, for a QB1, contract in deference to the cap was foolish. No he’s being paid $29 million for this season and can sign elsewhere next March and the brilliant Cowboys get a 2026 3rd round comp pick.

StarLord

Reaction score
You're calling Dak a bus driver?

Who do you have in mind or prefer over Dak?
So I think fans have different definitions or goalposts for success. My goal post is deep postseason success. My personal evaluation is Dak isn't really capable of that.

As such, I'm ok moving on to whomever the FO thinks can get us there. Trance, high draft pick, whatever. I really agree with Jimmy's take on the NFL. I want to be at the very top.. if we're not there, I'm ok with some top draft picks.

If we're not having playoff success, then, frankly, 12-5 hurts our chances.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Daks injury is not why he got paid, if anything the injury presented an opportunity for the cowboys to walk away or offer less
It was certainly a good reason not to just give him everything he wanted. Idiots.

plymkr

Reaction score
Why does all pro never translate when it’s playoff time?
And that’s the problem with this whole thing. There are times when Dak plays at all pro level. Unfortunately none of those times have happened in the playoffs.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Prior to his last contract, Dak suffered a season ending injury. The Cowboys struggled without a quarterback, and the pressure was on Jerry to "do the right thing" and extend Dak; resulting in the contract that he received that has kept the Cowboys from moving on.
So now with Dak set to play out his last remaining year on a disastrous contract, does an injury pose the possibility of him once again being able to reap the benefits of a "pity" parade that could pressure Jerry into an even bigger mistake with another contract?
I would doubt an injury would drastically affect anything..............its almost a given Dak will go into free agency next year and unless the injury is career threatening it will not have much of a factor on his contract.

Just look at Cousins, dude is 35 years old coming off an Achilles rupture and he still got $45 a year.

Somebody will pay Dak $50+ in free agency unless the injury is career threatening, like a spinal injury like Vander had.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So I think fans have different definitions or goalposts for success. My goal post is deep postseason success. My personal evaluation is Dak isn't really capable of that.

As such, I'm ok moving on to whomever the FO thinks can get us there. Trance, high draft pick, whatever. I really agree with Jimmy's take on the NFL. I want to be at the very top.. if we're not there, I'm ok with some top draft picks.

If we're not having playoff success, then, frankly, 12-5 hurts our chances.
Do you understand what truly has kept the Cowboys from advancing in the playoffs in recent years?

Cmac

Reaction score
I don't think this affects cowboys at all.

I'd be more curious about DAK'S plan when it comes to health. If he feels a tweak in his hammy, is he gonna say he needs to sit out for 3 weeks (to ensure he doesn't have a major injury that would affect his next contract which I'm sure he's hoping is Kirk Cousins-esque)?

Just wondering if he's gonna say "screw the team" and wrap himself in cellophane to prevent injury.

Shouldn't he?