If Dak is 9ers Qb in the 4th, they win

BoysForLife

Reaction score
What is your infatuation with last year? How is that relevant for the discussion at hand? Are you one of these guys that still talks about Wentz from 2017?

You keep blathering on incessantly (including in this very thread) about a guy who hasn't played QB for the Cowboys since 2015.

What's your point?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If he had a running game that didn’t disappear when teams stack the box it would help. Crappola’s running game faces more stacked boxes and they can’t still run effectively. . :laugh:

No argument that an effective running game is critical for most QB's. I don't think Colombo was good enough as the OL coach without some help from a more experienced coach. Moore didn't always help either by going away from a run game that was working esp in the red zone or playing Pollard when Zeke struggled. But a top QB has got to make teams pay for stacking the box, otherwise why pay him top money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't know. I think both those teams are pretty decent defensively. I think this was on Coaching, more so then Jimmy G. Garoppolo is what he is. He gave them the lead, and a significant lead into the 4th quarter. The 49ers should have controlled the clock with the running game IMO. They didn't do that. To me, I just think the game was not really managed very well.

That's just my opinion.
Chiefs are decent. Niners are great defensively.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So my question is where are the trophies for QB's that got paid...?

If elite QB's are struggling to win what is Dak going to do once he is made one of the highest paid NFL QB's...
Good point. The problem, in my opinion, was Jerry paying Zeke and D-Law top overall pay at their respective positions. Now Dak wants the same, and one can't blame him for demanding it after the stats he put up in 2019 and what he has accomplished overall in his 4 years with the Cowboys so far.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't know. I think both those teams are pretty decent defensively. I think this was on Coaching, more so then Jimmy G. Garoppolo is what he is. He gave them the lead, and a significant lead into the 4th quarter. The 49ers should have controlled the clock with the running game IMO. They didn't do that. To me, I just think the game was not really managed very well.

That's just my opinion.

I agree. 9ers with the lead in the 4th would pick up 4 to 5 yards running on 1st but on 2nd on would play action and Jimmy G was not hitting his WR, leaving them 3rd and 5 or 6 then KC would bring the pressure and Jimmy G was not hitting them. They should have stayed with their bread and butter yet continue to try and pass it. Shanahan got outcoached

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
No argument that an effective running game is critical for most QB's. I don't think Colombo was good enough as the OL coach without some help from a more experienced coach. Moore didn't always help either by going away from a run game that was working esp in the red zone or playing Pollard when Zeke struggled. But a top QB has got to make teams pay for stacking the box, otherwise why pay him top money.
True, but it would help if one's WRs stopped dropping balls or one's Oline from committing a drive killing penalty on a converted 3rd down pass for a 1st down. Our WRs, Oline and RBs contributed to game costing mistakes, not only our QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Good point. The problem, in my opinion, was Jerry paying Zeke and D-Law top overall pay at their respective positions. Now Dak wants the same, and one can't blame him for demanding it after the stats he put up in 2019 and what he has accomplished overall in his 4 years with the Cowboys so far.

I think I heard the last 10 Super Bowl winning teams had cheap RBs too.. Not sure if that’s correct.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I’m infatuated with the year 2015......it was a good year. What’s your excuse?

You need an excuse to keep drudging up the previous QB 4 years after he left, to provide cover for Dak.

I don't need an excuse.
You stated that Dak is incredibly accurate on downfield throws and doesn't underthrow them.

I provided one example of many to the contrary, that just happened to be from a game in 2018.
If you don't like it, take it up with Dak. I quoted him, directly. He admitted he had a wide open Jarwin with the game on the line and somehow managed to "underthrow" a tight end who isn't exactly a burner by any definition.

His words. Not mine. Maybe you should be asking Dak what his excuse is.

Oh wait--I got that covered for you. Bad O line, terrible receivers, horrible coaching, fan bias. I'm certain that if we dug deep enough, we'd probably discover that Jarwin somehow ran the route wrong as well in the process of getting wide open up the sideline.

if I missed any, feel free to fill in the important blanks.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Garrapachoke was horrid, a lot of dinks and dunks and an occasional nice throw.

I’m still perplexed how Emmanuel Sanders got passed the Chiefs secondary. Garrapachoke really blew that gift with a huge overthrow. With the money Garrapachoke making, It’s a throw he has to make even if it’s short a yard.
:laugh:
I love you guys' creativity.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You need an excuse to keep drudging up the previous QB 4 years after he left, to provide cover for Dak.

I don't need an excuse.
You stated that Dak is incredibly accurate on downfield throws and doesn't underthrow them.

I provided one example of many to the contrary, that just happened to be from a game in 2018.
If you don't like it, take it up with Dak. I quoted him, directly. He admitted he had a wide open Jarwin with the game on the line and somehow managed to "underthrow" a tight end who isn't exactly a burner by any definition.

His words. Not mine. Maybe you should be asking Dak what his excuse is.

Oh wait--I got that covered for you. Bad O line, terrible receivers, horrible coaching, fan bias. I'm certain that if we dug deep enough, we'd probably discover that Jarwin somehow ran the route wrong as well in the process of getting wide open up the sideline.

if I missed any, feel free to fill in the important blanks.
All I can do is tell you to welcome to 2020. If you want to judge his accuracy back when Allen Hurns was his number 1 then you’re a bigger fool than I thought.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
All I can do is tell you to welcome to 2020. If you want to judge his accuracy back when Allen Hurns was his number 1 then you’re a bigger fool than I thought.

Didn't I already list "terrible receivers" on the blanket excuse cover I threw down in the post you just replied to? Why feel the need to list it again?

Anyhow, I didn't realize that the ability to hit a wide open Blake Jarwin 20 yards downfield is totally dependent upon who the true #1 WR is.

Great argument. Were you on the debate team?:lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Didn't I already list "terrible receivers" on the blanket excuse cover I threw down in the post you just replied to? Why feel the need to list it again?

Anyhow, I didn't realize that the ability to hit a wide open Blake Jarwin 20 yards downfield is totally dependent upon who the true #1 WR is.

Great argument. Were you on the debate team?:lmao2:
Blake Jarwin? What the hell are you talking about? You're trolling at this point. If you wanted to actually make a decent argument maybe you should've brought up Gallup since you can't stay away from 2018.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
True, but it would help if one's WRs stopped dropping balls or one's Oline from committing a drive killing penalty on a converted 3rd down pass for a 1st down. Our WRs, Oline and RBs contributed to game costing mistakes, not only our QB.

True, they all make mistakes. Missed throws, drops, false starts, being tackled at the LOS are all things that happen. But if Dak is a top tier QB then he has to be able to over come them and he failed to do that several times this year. He did show improvement against some aweful teams.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak is much much better at extending drives and moving the ball. Dak wins that game.
The HC coach is the one that lost that game, not the QB. The coach is the one that abandoned the run game and thought it was a good idea to go to the passing game. Dak would not have made a difference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What no one is talking about is Jerry and Steven by most accounts are All In with Dak. What’s holding up the deal ? What other options does our brilliant ownership have?