If Dak leads the Cowboys to victory tomorrow, will he earn more respect?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?
No..

He will earn 1/16th of $32 mil.

Do the math.

:thumbup:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Probably not. People will always find fault

"Great game, but that one turnover can't happen, dak almost cost us the game!"
"Good game from dak, but zeke really took over the game. He couldn't do it alone"
"Yeah Dak had 400+ yards, but that should be expected with the weapons he has on offense!
"

You can go on and on, but truth is you make make any narrative fit that you want.
Except I never referenced the atlanta game, you completely missed the point of my #4 post. Had nothing to do with atlanta or me hating on dak.

The just what game are you referring to?" That sounds EXACTLY like the atlanta game.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
sorry he did not, that was one play and there were others in that drive that he could have led the team with.

Again I’m not being critical on dak but Rodgers or Brees wins that game, dak missed a major opportunity

the same Brees that just got SMOKED by the Raiders? Lmao right

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The thread question is a what if based on one game. My post wonders why an assessment should be limited to one game when there is almost an entire regular season left. However, you have judged my post as negative.

So. Let's look at another possibility. Prescott has average or poor performances during these two upcoming games but then lights the league on fire the remaining twelve games. This thread's proposal would 'mandate' Prescott not finally earning any respect for one (or two) games from site members who are critical of him EVEN THOUGH he will have earned the proposed respect many times over by season's end.

That is not putting Prescott in 'as bad a light' as possible. It is an appeal to anyone to NOT judge the man solely on ONE game BEFORE it has even been played.

Football is a team sport. Prescott could 'outplay' Wilson, while the rest of the team played poorly and lost the game. Is anyone naive in believing such a scenario would not give his critics ammunition in claiming Prescott did NOT outplay Wilson because 'Prescott' lost the game. I mean seriously. There are YEARS worth of threads and posts on this site alone that would support that type of unfair shortsighted judgment.

Whatever. -->I'm<-- the bad guy here. :rolleyes:

You made a point that I've said many times that there is an entire team and even if the QB has a good game or a bad game he shouldn't get all the credit or blame. But that is not what this thread is about. This thread is about if Prescott has a great game against seattle would he finally get some respect. It doesn't say what the respect factor will be in any game after seattle since EVERYBODY knows there would be 13 more games. It was started asking if Prescott has a great game would he finally get some respect.

You said and I'll quote you "It is an appeal to anyone to NOT judge the man solely on ONE game BEFORE it has even been played." . You are doing the very same thing by trying to judge not just the seattle game but the browns game too before they have been played. You're doing two "what if's" instead of just one.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure about that. I think what some fans want to see is putting the team on his back....and win regardless of any "excuses". The Gallup OPI was a good sign...in my book. Atlanta was another good sign....even though it wasn;t a great team.

I think going head to head with WIlson would be another notch. That's what it's about...just keep putting those notches in. Super Bowl? Of course it's the ultimate prize.

It's the way Cowboys fans have judged QB's for decades. I'm not saying it's right, and I certainly don't agree with it, but it IS what it is.