If Dak leads the Cowboys to victory tomorrow, will he earn more respect?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
but you are acting as IF thats not a penalty thats dak winning the game, no thats not game winner until it was..if that was a TD brought back, sure..all im saying is it was nice pass and even if completed , tooo much could happen afterwards, still could have been loss..
It could’ve been yes. But the poster said Brees and Rodgers win that game on that drive. You can say the same about them. They could get hurt or throw a pick.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Hey all. Happy game day eve.

I have a serious question.

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?

What silly...actually...stupid post. Why even bring this post up?

The Dallas Cowboys will win the game tomorrow...probably because of Dak...and his team. The Boyz are coming back with the W.

I'm rooting for the kicker. Respect.......() () ()...

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
We won't win without some players playing well so there will be game balls given, but regardless of who plays well what it means to me is that the Cowboys are 2 - 1 off of a big road win.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed.

I'm gonna backpedal here...because it seems I have some misleadings.
Yeah and I’m a Dak fan that’s no secret here and sure he deserves responsibility for losing that Rams game but I was more upset with Gallup than him. That should’ve been a game added to their resume and it was robbed because of a offensive PI which i think was a bad call but Gallup didn’t need to do it.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Yeah and I’m a Dak fan that’s no secret here and sure he deserves responsibility for losing that Rams game but I was more upset with Gallup than him. That should’ve been a game added to their resume and it was robbed because of a offensive PI which i think was a bad call but Gallup didn’t need to do it.

Shoulda, woulda, could uh...stop living in the past. Look forward for good times...nothing was robbed!

Some wicked conspiracy right here.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

If Dak leads the cowboys to victory tomorrow AND outplays Russell Wilson. Will he earn some more respect? Not talking about haters non haters nothing like that. Just in general. I’ve supported him since day one and even I believe this is the kind of game that will make heads turn if he outperforms the guy everyone is saying will be MVP by season end.

What day you?

If they win and he throws 3 picks then no

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What day you?

Dak Lovers when we meet a team with a winning record......

RoboQB

Reaction score
Yes.

This will be exhibit one in next year's contract talks, as well.
It remains to be seen which side will bring it up.

bewp7

Reaction score
for like a day then he have to beat the browns. then the next team then make the playoff then win playoff games then win a super bowl. who cares if any one respects dak or hates on him he have to win then no one can say any thing.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Or how about Prescott has great games against seattle and the browns. It just seems like you're trying to put Prescott in as bad of a light as you can.
I think you may need to go back and read this thread again. Has nothing to do with the atlanta game.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I think you may need to go back and read this thread again. Has nothing to do with the atlanta game.

It's you who needs to reread the original comment and my reply. Dallaseast was talking about Prescott having a good game against seattle and having a bad game against the browns. At no time did he or I mention the atlanta game. One of my comments had to do with the atlanta game because I was replying to your comment #4 about the atlanta game. I guess you should practice what you preach..

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It's you who needs to reread the original comment and my reply. Dallaseast was talking about Prescott having a good game against seattle and having a bad game against the browns. At no time did he or I mention the atlanta game. One of my comments had to do with the atlanta game because I was replying to your comment #4 about the atlanta game. I guess you should practice what you preach..
Except I never referenced the atlanta game, you completely missed the point of my #4 post. Had nothing to do with atlanta or me hating on dak.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Haven't even read most of the replies but tomorrow is not about Dak it's about our D being able to stop their O. Dak should put up points

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score

What day you?
If he didn't earn it in some peoples eyes after last game, than no this game won't change their minds. If they lose though it will be all his fault.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or how about Prescott has great games against seattle and the browns. It just seems like you're trying to put Prescott in as bad of a light as you can.
The thread question is a what if based on one game. My post wonders why an assessment should be limited to one game when there is almost an entire regular season left. However, you have judged my post as negative.

So. Let's look at another possibility. Prescott has average or poor performances during these two upcoming games but then lights the league on fire the remaining twelve games. This thread's proposal would 'mandate' Prescott not finally earning any respect for one (or two) games from site members who are critical of him EVEN THOUGH he will have earned the proposed respect many times over by season's end.

That is not putting Prescott in 'as bad a light' as possible. It is an appeal to anyone to NOT judge the man solely on ONE game BEFORE it has even been played.

Football is a team sport. Prescott could 'outplay' Wilson, while the rest of the team played poorly and lost the game. Is anyone naive in believing such a scenario would not give his critics ammunition in claiming Prescott did NOT outplay Wilson because 'Prescott' lost the game. I mean seriously. There are YEARS worth of threads and posts on this site alone that would support that type of unfair shortsighted judgment.

Whatever. -->I'm<-- the bad guy here. :rolleyes:

Nexx

Reaction score
if we are to hold him to the same standards, Dak will need to lead the cowboys deep into the playoffs for that to happen not just a regular season game in September.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No one actually gives 2 craps about someone who doesn't win the SB. Just like myself and Romo. So those who like him, like him, and those that don't, don't.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
No
Dak haters will still hate him.
Dak fans will still like him.

Nobody is changing their minds by this point ....... The way the whole world has become.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Any time Dak and the Cowboys are able to win against good teams it will affect the doubters more and more. If he continues to do this it will win them over eventually.

The Dak haters are another matter altogether. It seems to me that a lot of fans that fall into this group have become “right fighters” on this issue and are more concerned about winning the debate rather than potentially having their minds changed. These are the kind of fans that will post hoc rationalize away any credit for Dak i.e he couldn’t do it without pro-bowlers or first rounders at every position etc etc etc and it doesn’t matter who we are playing and how good or great Dak played. You saw this after ATL with excuses coming from the Dak haters like ATL’s defense sucks or ATL choked. It’s not that these things aren’t true. It’s that the haters focus on those things instead of what Dak did on the damn field. If we win tomorrow, you will see this immediately as well in the post-game thread. It’s virtually guaranteed. It’s going to take a SB to win this group over.

Maybe...