If Dak plays on Franchise Tag he might be leaving soon

ghst187

Reaction score
Will backfire for Dak if either there is no season or salary cap goes way down...on the other hand what if we won the SB or close to it...Jerry will ensure he doesn’t walk....
I’m not worried...

12+88=7

Reaction score
LOL...…...yah because all of 2 QB's in NFL history have played on the tag. PROOF POSITIVE!!!!!

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Why do you think it's only happened twice? Because teams take care of there QBs. The two times they didn't, they parted ways.

Laugh if you want. But if no deal is reached and Prescott plays under the tag. History will be tested.

12+88=7

Reaction score
A data set of two instances means nothing. You'd have to have a much larger set of data points infer anything from this. Statistically this "breaking news" means squat. Now, I would agree that the team waiting this long means that Dak holds more leverage but what it doesn't mean is that he won't sign just because the two other QBs in this situation didn't either.

It's only two because it just doesn't happen. Teams don't mess with their QBs.

Right now it's 2 for 2. We'll see what happens.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
shucks, if he leaves next year, we would likely sign Dalton and possibly lose in the first rd of the playoffs? Dang, if Dak stayed, wed be guaranteed to at least be 8-8. How will the Cowboys survive. We all know he isnt worth top 4 QB money, so why pay him top 4 qb money?

Just saw a stat on NFL network that showed that Dak was tied for 6th for most wins by a QB to start a career with 40. Want to know who was tied with him? Andy Dalton! yup it's true....for 3m give me Dalton

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You anti-Dakers do understand this player who held out last year and got paid the most ever for a RB in NFL history...at the time...didn't come through during key 3rd or 4th and short runs that killed many drives and left points on the field...which ultimately contributed to those 8 losses, don't you?

I'm not saying Dak didn't miss several of his throws during key moments that killed drives and contributed to points left on the field, either. But for you anti-Dakers suddenly using that crux to be hesitant for paying Dak the big bucks, why aren't y'all complaining against Dak's best friend who actually did get paid the big bucks but fell way short during crucial plays and drives?

That's not including the league-leading in drops WR group, one of the league's worst in total missed tackles Defense, the worst and most FGs kicker and also the worst Special Teams group.

fivetwos

Reaction score
This roster...if it isnt built to win now its close...and Prescott by far is the best option we have at QB to make that happen.

I also think you can almost toss out a lot of recent history given the ineptitude of the last staff.

I'm not the biggest Prescott fan around, but the team can definitely win with him, and he is our best option

Dalton is a nice stop gap option if your starter has to miss a few games, but his ceiling isnt where we want to eventually be.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why do you think it's only happened twice? Because teams take care of there QBs. The two times they didn't, they parted ways.

Laugh if you want. But if no deal is reached and Prescott plays under the tag. History will be tested.

I guess its shimmer of hope for you to hold onto. All him signing the tender means is that he isn't going to be holding out. Trust me, no Dak fans are worried about Dak not being here long term. The process is a little annoying, but that's about it.

InTheZone

Reaction score
You anti-Dakers do understand this player who held out last year and got paid the most ever for a RB in NFL history...at the time...didn't come through during key 3rd or 4th and short runs that killed many drives and left points on the field...which ultimately contributed to those 8 losses, don't you?

I'm not saying Dak didn't miss several of his throws during key moments that killed drives and contributed to points left on the field, either. But for you anti-Dakers suddenly using that crux to be hesitant for paying Dak the big bucks, why aren't y'all complaining against Dak's best friend who actually did get paid the big bucks but fell way short during crucial plays and drives?

That's not including the league-leading in drops WR group, one of the league's worst in total missed tackles Defense, the worst and most FGs kicker and also the worst Special Teams group.

I don't think anyone here is saying don't give Dak a chance to compete and just toss him out right now. Some of you need to let go of that zeke contract, he's the highest paid total, but not per year and no where near what Dak is asking so settle down a tad.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is saying don't give Dak a chance to compete and just toss him out right now. Some of you need to let go of that zeke contract, he's the highest paid total, but not per year and no where near what Dak is asking so settle down a tad.
Don't be hypocrites. You can't use a potential big contract against Dak when you're not doing the same to Zeke or other players WITH big contracts.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
I guess its shimmer of hope for you to hold onto. All him signing the tender means is that he isn't going to be holding out. Trust me, no Dak fans are worried about Dak not being here long term. The process is a little annoying, but that's about it.
LOL, I can actually see this troll’s bottom lip quivering. He’s gone from screaming at people that Dak will be signed any day now (for two years), to meekly saying “the process is annoying”. The lack of spine from the trolls here is embarrassing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dak signing the tag and Dak signing a long term deal are separate issues, one has nothing to do with the other. Signing the tag just removes all doubt about him holding out, which should have never even been a thought in the first place, unless you are an idiot. Now we wait and see if he agrees to a long term deal by 15 July. If that doesn't happen then he plays on the tag for 2020 and then he will be right back in the same situation next year. He's betting on himself. If he plays great, wins playoff games or even the SB, he improves his negotiation position for 2021. If he doesn't do so good or even gets hurt, then who knows how the Cowboys FO will respond but it probably won't be favorable for Dak.

Again, Dak can end all this speculation by agreeing to and signing a long term deal by 15 July.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
$31 million to workout in your backyard.....not bad.
They will be coming together soon to practice at the Star. Dak was never going to miss out on that. It's time he learned this new offense that MM and KM have been working on. Soon all the players will be sequestered at the Star practice facilities by day and the on-site hotel by night. This stay at home business is coming to an end for the players. Soon it will be time to practice football.

Swagger

Reaction score
The difference between the Zeke, D-Law and Prescott contracts is that if signing Prescott to a long term contract they would be overpaying his relative ability by as much $5-10 million a season. That's a huge overpayment rather than a million or so over.

If Prescott accepted what his worth actually is in relation to other quarterbacks then he would have signed yonks ago. But he's playing the game and holding out for every dime he can get. I don't think he's it's greed but it tells me that like Zeke and Lawrence he is in it for the money first and foremost. That's up to them and they have worked hard to be in that position.

But then I do wonder what guys like Sean Lee think (regardless of what he says publicly) seeing these guys wanting maximum money regardless of the cap situation.

I remember watching Lawrence say (after he had been paid his money) something along the lines of Prescott will be paid his, he's earned it etc. If I'm a player on that team that has taken team friendly contracts to any degree and see/hear guys talk like it would really get my back up. I think that is part of the problem/culture with this team. The focus is to earn their money first and if the team is successful then that's a bonus. If people had this attitude in New England they would be driving a lorry the next day.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak signing the tag and Dak signing a long term deal are separate issues, one has nothing to do with the other. Signing the tag just removes all doubt about him holding out, which should have never even been a thought in the first place, unless you are an idiot. Now we wait and see if he agrees to a long term deal by 15 July. If that doesn't happen then he plays on the tag for 2020 and then he will be right back in the same situation next year. He's betting on himself. If he plays great, wins playoff games or even the SB, he improves his negotiation position for 2021. If he doesn't do so good or even gets hurt, then who knows how the Cowboys FO will respond but it probably won't be favorable for Dak.

Again, Dak can end all this speculation by agreeing to and signing a long term deal by 15 July.

I agree with the bolded part completely what i will add is with the confusion and uncertaintly around the salary cap going forward (2021 and on) with some saying because of covid it is going to go down, i have a hard time seeing the Cowboys giving Dak a long term deal now at anything close to what Dak wants. I think he plays on the tag this season

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I found the consistency you were talking about with the defense. They were consistently bad.

In the 4 biggest losses of the year, this is what the defense allowed the following QB's.

Jets-Darnold= QBR 113
Bills-Allen= QBR 120
Bears-Trubinski= QBR 115
Eagles-Wentz= QBR 108

They made 3 of the worst QB's in the NFL look like Mahomes. LOL