If Dak plays on Franchise Tag he might be leaving soon

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree with the bolded part completely what i will add is with the confusion and uncertaintly around the salary cap going forward (2021 and on) with some saying because of covid it is going to go down, i have a hard time seeing the Cowboys giving Dak a long term deal now at anything close to what Dak wants
We'll just have to wait and see.

Swagger

Reaction score
I found the consistency you were talking about with the defense. They were consistently bad.

In the 4 biggest losses of the year, this is what the defense allowed the following QB's.

Jets-Darnold= QBR 113
Bills-Allen= QBR 120
Bears-Trubinski= QBR 115
Eagles-Wentz= QBR 108

They made 3 of the worst QB's in the NFL look like Mahomes. LOL

Three of the worst QBs in the league! Haha comedy hour. Trubisky fair enough but put Wentz, Allen for sure and probably even Darnold on this offense last season then we comfortably win the division and make the play offs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Three of the worst QBs in the league! Haha comedy hour. Trubisky fair enough but put Wentz, Allen for sure and probably even Darnold on this offense last season then we comfortably win the division and make the play offs.

I actually like Allen. But as a passer he is certainly at the bottom of the league.

But then again, you have never been known as a QB guru. :muttley:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
$31 million to workout in your backyard.....not bad.
Players only receive 16 game checks for the season not including signing bonuses.

In other words if there’s no regular season games players under contract don’t get paid.

Proof

Reaction score
Someone post irrefutably facts and it's fake news.

Wishful thinking on your part.

Yes the TWO (lol) qbs who played on the tag weren’t re-signed. The fake news is that you can use that minuscule sample size to form a conclusion

SackMaster

Reaction score
If the Cowboys weren't trying so hard to sign Dak to a longer contract, sure this might be the case.

But unless Dak walks away, I do not see him playing anywhere else anytime soon.

JMHO

12+88=7

Reaction score
Yes the TWO (lol) qbs who played on the tag weren’t re-signed. The fake news is that you can use that minuscule sample size to form a conclusion

You know why it's minuscule, because it doesn't happen.

I'm not coming to any conclusions. I am saying that's the history they're up against.

Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
:huh:
The rest of his entire career?

Not even close.
Can tag two consecutive years...which would be about 69 mil
Probably has already turned down 170-175mil for 5 years
I already explained. I didn’t think it through

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The difference between the Zeke, D-Law and Prescott contracts is that if signing Prescott to a long term contract they would be overpaying his relative ability by as much $5-10 million a season. That's a huge overpayment rather than a million or so over.

If Prescott accepted what his worth actually is in relation to other quarterbacks then he would have signed yonks ago. But he's playing the game and holding out for every dime he can get. I don't think he's it's greed but it tells me that like Zeke and Lawrence he is in it for the money first and foremost. That's up to them and they have worked hard to be in that position.

But then I do wonder what guys like Sean Lee think (regardless of what he says publicly) seeing these guys wanting maximum money regardless of the cap situation.

I remember watching Lawrence say (after he had been paid his money) something along the lines of Prescott will be paid his, he's earned it etc. If I'm a player on that team that has taken team friendly contracts to any degree and see/hear guys talk like it would really get my back up. I think that is part of the problem/culture with this team. The focus is to earn their money first and if the team is successful then that's a bonus. If people had this attitude in New England they would be driving a lorry the next day.
Agreed with everything except your Dak is worth $5-$10 million less per year than being offered ($35 mil). That's ridiculous since Wince and Goff are currently in the $31-$33 million range per year, yet Dak is definitely better than both of them. The problem is the market. It keeps going up every year for QBs.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I guess its shimmer of hope for you to hold onto. All him signing the tender means is that he isn't going to be holding out. Trust me, no Dak fans are worried about Dak not being here long term. The process is a little annoying, but that's about it.

I have no dog in this fight.

I will root for Dallas whoever is the QB. That's today, tomorrow, and forever as it's always been.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dalton and CeeDee or Love. I am good

I have mixed emotions about Dalton.

As a Cowboys fan I don't want to see him because the Cowboys will go nowhere with this Texas school boy legend.

As a member of CZone the hilarity that would ensue when that legend crashes back to reality would be loads of fun.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dak has already said he is not taking a discount a last year. This was when Zeke was about to hold out and talk of Cooper’s contract. He basically stated with the new CBA coming up and the NFL gaining new streams of revenue from officially allowing gambling there is plenty of money to go around for everybody without either of the three having to take a discount.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...give-dallas-hometown-discount-on-new-contract

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m sure the Jones saw what a top flight running game does for a QB when they saw Tannehill and the Titans do much better than Dak and the Cowboys, who were sitting home watching the play-offs. Tannehill led the league in pass rating and threw for 70%.

If people think Dalton would “scrub“ under these conditions in Dallas, they are kidding themselves.

Proof

Reaction score
Just saw a stat on NFL network that showed that Dak was tied for 6th for most wins by a QB to start a career with 40. Want to know who was tied with him? Andy Dalton! yup it's true....for 3m give me Dalton

10 years ago. And you only get Andy for 1 season at that price. Then what?

Proof

Reaction score
I’m sure the Jones saw what a top flight running game does for a QB when they saw Tannehill and the Titans do much better than Dak and the Cowboys, who were sitting home watching the play-offs. Tannehill led the league in pass rating and threw for 70%.

If people think Dalton would “scrub“ under these conditions in Dallas, they are kidding themselves.

And in this completely unique scenario that nobody saw coming, how much did it then cost them?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Some here love pushing the notion that Dallas is going to get rid of Dak. Granted it is what they want but not going to happen. Dak signing the franchise tag assures he will be playing this year and both sides will continue to work on a longterm deal that both sides want. Cowboys pushing 5 year deal pretty much tells me they want him here for the foreseeable future