If Dak was still playing would we be 3-9?

Jarntt

Reaction score
If Dak didn't get hurt we win the division and I think easily

DCowboyz

Reaction score
We would have had a winning record for sure. Our D would have still been bad, but the games would have been competitive. We haven't been competitive ever since he went down. It's embarrassing.

morat1959

Reaction score
...nope, I honestly think Dak would have us at least 7-5. There were a few games the defense played well to win them. Of course with Dak at the helm. Dalton is just a leg worth all of Dak.

But I suppose whatever was not right with the team, would eventually get exposed.

..thoughts? ..
Dak or no Dak....no SB in sight for many years.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
We’ve never not been a respectable team with Dak at QB, no matter what trash he has around him or how terrible the defense is.

That’s how you know Dak’s a stud.
coma in 2019? ok I guess they were "respectable"

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
...nope, I honestly think Dak would have us at least 7-5. There were a few games the defense played well to win them. Of course with Dak at the helm. Dalton is just a leg worth all of Dak.

But I suppose whatever was not right with the team, would eventually get exposed.

..thoughts? ..

yes

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you seriously going to call the Atlanta game a bona fide win????? Someone needs to check them self because we lose that game if those dumber than dumber players would of jumped on that ball after it travel far less than ten yards. Hell, they were the only players around the ball for 3-4 yrds, then once it got past the needed 10 yds we had someone falling on the football like it was a grenade about to go off. This game might of counted in our win column but we had no business winning it. But that's here nor there, if Dak was still playing this year we would not be 7-5! Dak struggled mightily this year at the start of games and it put us behind the cue ball every game he started...............

Yes, I call the Atlanta game a bonafide win. Atlanta clearly didn't do they needed to earn the win, so it's ludicrous to me that you would suggest Atlanta somehow earned the win instead of Dallas.

And let's not forget the Cowboys scored 37 points before the onside kick, making a big comeback to do so, so it's not as if that one play was all that counted. The Cowboys had to put themselves in position for it to matter.

And let's not forget the Cowboys spotted Atlanta a 20-0 lead because of 3 1st quarter mistakes that led to Atlanta scores, so it's not as if the Cowboys didn't contribute to Atlanta's scores. The Cowboys have to take responsibility for their own mistakes, as they should, but apparently in your mind it doesn't work that way with Dallas opponents.

Wins and losses aren't just about the big plays, and don't just occur in nice, neat mistake free games. If one team screws up less, and/or does a better job of taking advantage of the other team's screw ups, and/or does a better job of overcoming their own mistakes, and as a result the score comes out in their favor, then they earned the win. Games aren't always pretty, and that one certainly wasn't, but one team still came out on top, and that team earned the right to get a mark in the win column.

Last edited:

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Yes, I call the Atlanta game a bonafide win. Atlanta clearly didn't do they needed to earn the win, so it's ludicrous to me that you would suggest Atlanta somehow earned the win instead of Dallas.

And let's not forget the Cowboys scored 37 points before the onside kick, making a big comeback to do so, so it's not as if that one play was all that counted. The Cowboys had to put themselves in position for it to matter.

And let's not forget the Cowboys spotted Atlanta a 20-0 lead because of 3 1st quarter mistakes that led to Atlanta scores, so it's not as if the Cowboys didn't contribute to Atlanta's scores. The Cowboys have to take responsibility for their own mistakes, as they should, but apparently in your mind it doesn't work that way with Dallas opponents.

Wins and losses aren't just about the big plays, and don't just occur in nice, neat mistake free games. If one team screws up less, and/or does a better job of taking advantage of the other team's screw ups, and/or does a better job of overcoming their own mistakes, and as a result the score comes out in their favor, then they earned the win. Games aren't always pretty, and that one certainly wasn't, but one team still came out on top, and that team earned the right to get a mark in the win column.
Let's not forget that the poor play of the Cowboys lead to that huge deficit, that's why Atlanta went into their prevent D in the first quarter. Their bend but don't break D actually worked to a tee, that was until those knuckle heads surrounded and watched an onside kick go ten yards before they realize that they could of easily jumped on the ball 6 yards after it was kicked. Fortunately for the Cowboys they didn't have the dumbest players in the league on that day. So if you really think the Boys EARNED that victory then maybe you should head outside and start your victory lap around you're block.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's not forget that the poor play of the Cowboys lead to that huge deficit, that's why Atlanta went into their prevent D in the first quarter. Their bend but don't break D actually worked to a tee, that was until those knuckle heads surrounded and watched an onside kick go ten yards before they realize that they could of easily jumped on the ball 6 yards after it was kicked. Fortunately for the Cowboys they didn't have the dumbest players in the league on that day. So if you really think the Boys EARNED that victory then maybe you should head outside and start your victory lap around you're block.
Huh? I talked about the poor play that led to the Cowboy deficit - go back and read what you quoted. It really wasn't really "poor play" overall though, it was individual mistakes - 2 fumbles and a stupid fake punt call that failed in 3 of the 1st 4 possessions.

Ultimately what you are doing with this comment is exactly what I said you were doing, using a double standard. You are saying the Cowboys don't get credit for the win because Atlanta made mistakes, but not using that same standard to say Atlanta can't get credit because the Cowboys made mistakes.

The reality, again, is both teams made mistakes, and in every game both teams will make mistakes, and the team that deserves to win is often the one that does the better job managing things despite their mistakes. Dallas did that, and they earned the win because of it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

..thoughts? ..

Hypotheticals can't be answered accurately. I think even with Dak this season would be a struggle given how poor the run defense and defense in general has been. I also think the OL in shambles would be hard too overcome. Better record? I would like to think so but there is so much that is out of the QB control

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Daks history had been we beat the average to below average teams and lose to the good teams which this year also supported .

So, based on our 1-3 start with all losses against playoff teams and lone victory against non playoff team . And I’ll even throw in 2-3 with win over Giants hed probably have pulled out if not hurt.

That would put us at 6-7.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Huh? I talked about the poor play that led to the Cowboy deficit - go back and read what you quoted. It really wasn't really "poor play" overall though, it was individual mistakes - 2 fumbles and a stupid fake punt call that failed in 3 of the 1st 4 possessions.

Ultimately what you are doing with this comment is exactly what I said you were doing, using a double standard. You are saying the Cowboys don't get credit for the win because Atlanta made mistakes, but not using that same standard to say Atlanta can't get credit because the Cowboys made mistakes.

The reality, again, is both teams made mistakes, and in every game both teams will make mistakes, and the team that deserves to win is often the one that does the better job managing things despite their mistakes. Dallas did that, and they earned the win because of it.
Dude, get a grip on yourself!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Would be better than 4-9 and what we are seeing play out for the 2020 Cowboys is the exact reason why good QBs get elite money in the NFL.