If Dak was still playing would we be 3-9?

Dre11

Reaction score
As evidence from the first four games of the year

except you could expect improvement as the year went on. better qb play
wins Eagles game, Pittsburgh, Washington at least once. the d was respectable in both the eagles and Pitt game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I wish he would've put up more points before we were getting hammered.

He had plenty of opportunities in 2019 to win us games with an offense that showed a pulse and couldn't do it.

How about the 2nd half of the Rams game this year?

Maybe.. Juuuuuuust maybe... All of those big beautiful stats came because we were down by so many points against trash pass defenses with a ton of time left in those games and not because we are the high flying Cowboys that are just awesome and win all the time because of how great our offense always is.
Ohhh now you’re going back to 2019 because your boy dalton looks lost out there lol. You’re so predictable. I asked you in the other thread to go back to 2016 and go see the amount of times the defense let the offense down compared to vice versa and you vanished. Go figure.

stiletto

Reaction score
With Dak, we'd be 5-7 or 6-6. He's that important but it's a tall order for anyone to compensate for a historically bad defense and a Defensive coach that has been fired a dozen times.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Listen.. I explained to you my reasoning.. Dalton having a whole career of doing exactly what I said..

Ive given you that Dak is better because I’ve always said that..

Ive given you that Dak loses in a much prettier way.. He gives you a loss you can be proud of..

Now it’s your turn to say CATCH, Dak and Dalton are winning games at about the same rate and getting.. wait for it.. similar team results.
What’s daks career record look like? Since now we’re talking careers? And the goal posts have moved again

Praxit

Reaction score
We were going toe to toe with the best teams in the NFC with Dak at the helm and the defense at a record breaking all time worst in NFL history giving up 39 points per game.

With Dak breaking all time records and the defense playing marginally better this team wins most of the games since he got hurt. NO doubt we are at least 8-5 or 9-4 easily winning the NFC East.

But to be honest, that would have been fools gold as this defense needs much more talent to get the Cowboys to true contenders. And clowns like Zeke and Jaylon have been exposed. Which will hasten their exit from the team. A top 5 pick will be just what this teams needs. This rash of injuries to most of our good players will turn out to be a blessing.
..good points all around, but the defense did get better at some point which would augmented Daks play. Could have lead to more positive results.
Though right now, the pressure is on the defense to hold. Adding to the cauldron, it gets no momentum from offense. Glad only 4 games left.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I like how we have just thrown 2019 out the window...

So many of these what if he had a defense theories were answered then.

Dak goes as the team goes.

2016 Great team.. Great year. Rookie season.. Have to applaud him for it.

2017.. Still a Great team.. Zeke suspended.. Team goes straight down hill.

2018.. Horrible start to the year.. Amari Cooper saves the day.. Overall very solid season.

2019.. Underachievers.. The whole team... Dak puts up the majority of his stats on 3 football teams.. Giants, Washington, Dolphins.. All who picked top 5.

2020.. A watermelon kick from 0-4, Nothing in the 2nd half against the Rams, slow starts, timely turnovers by Dak, and big stats against horrible pass defenses when they were up a ton of points.

BTW... When is the last time we beat a team that is good with Dak?

We might have 1 in 2019 I can remember if you want to count the Eagles.. I thought they were terrible but I think they had a winning record.

2018 I know we beat a rebuilding Seattle bunch who was just Russell Wilson and his fat contract carrying a bunch of nobodies. Surely we beat another good team or 2.

We just don't beat good teams very often.

It's time to stop trying to recreate 2016 and just start over. We need a quick rebuild.
i agree completely. I type mostly from my phone so making long and proper paragraphs, I usually don’t do. So thank the good lord for you. You nailed it. :hammer:

zerofill

Reaction score
Doesn't matter who is behind center now... this team was going no where. That is painfully obvious now...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
7-5. We beat Pittsburgh, Arizona, split with the Football Team and beat the Eagles. I think we could have beaten the Ravens last night as well.

How do we go from 1-3 which would've been 0-4 if Atlanta didn't have a leon lett moment to being a winning team of 7-5? Heck we would've had a similar record to what we have now if this was romo here. The team has more problems than quarterback and we've had losing seasons where we put a lot of yards up before.

Brax

Reaction score
What you saw was Dak and the offense breaking all time NFL records and you are now scrambling to deal with that. LOL

The ONLY thing that slows down Dak is Zeke.
The urban legend of Dak grows daily, Dakies forget the dear in the headlights years with OLs a lot better. Wins 1 more maybe but he disappears in games so often even 1 is wishful thinking.

plymkr

Reaction score
...nope, I honestly think Dak would have us at least 7-5. There were a few games the defense played well to win them. Of course with Dak at the helm. Dalton is just a leg worth all of Dak.

But I suppose whatever was not right with the team, would eventually get exposed.

..thoughts? ..
I think we'd be hovering around .500, give or take a game. We'd still be losing games because of our defense and with Dak we would definitely win the division but get bounced the first playoff game. Then Dak would be blamed for not getting a playoff W.

Brax

Reaction score
You’re a clown.

You agreed with Colin Cowherd when he said that Dalton was on the same level as Dak before Dalton had started a game. You even started that thread.

Now that the results have SLAPPED you in the face, you’re backtracking.

Dak started 5 games this year. He led the Cowboys to 150 points in those games. The Cowboys allowed 169.

Dalton has started 5 games this year. He led the Cowboys to 77 points while the defense has allowed 166.

There is ZERO comparison between the players. Dak kept us in every single game, even with the NFL’s worst defense and an awful O-line.

Meanwhile, we’ve been blown out in EVERY SINGLE Dalton game minus the win at Minnesota.

Learn football, child.
Someone hit a nerve, his little lip is quivering.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
How do we go from 1-3 which would've been 0-4 if Atlanta didn't have a leon lett moment to being a winning team of 7-5? Heck we would've had a similar record to what we have now if this was romo here. The team has more problems than quarterback and we've had losing seasons where we put a lot of yards up before.
Simple, in those 4 games Dak would have been the best quarterback on the field and we could have easily been 3-1 if we got some calls against Seattle and the Rams. If you notice anything from watching the last 5 games, Dak is the superior quarterback to Dalton. If Andy had any type of arm strength he would have beaten the Football Team and the Ravens.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Simple, in those 4 games Dak would have been the best quarterback on the field and we could have easily been 3-1 if we got some calls against Seattle and the Rams. If you notice anything from watching the last 5 games, Dak is the superior quarterback to Dalton. If Andy had any type of arm strength he would have beaten the Football Team and the Ravens.

He didn't do all that great against the giants considering that we had only a 1 point lead in the 3rd quarter. Given the history of this team, that we've seen all this before, a quarterback that can put up a lot of yards in a losing season, and given that Dak had a losing record, why would this season be different? And then Dak wasn't pacing himself. The Homers will say that while he was losing those games he was putting up record breaking numbers. What's wrong with that? Pacing? What was wrong with the Chip Kelly Offense and why did it not work in the NFL? If a whole team ran out of a steam because they didn't pace themselves, why wouldn't a single player? What makes you guys think that Dak could've kept up that pace without getting injured or running out of steam like the chip kelly eagles did?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
...nope, I honestly think Dak would have us at least 7-5. There were a few games the defense played well to win them. Of course with Dak at the helm. Dalton is just a leg worth all of Dak.

But I suppose whatever was not right with the team, would eventually get exposed.

..thoughts? ..

I think maybe we could be 6-6, but 5-7 is possible because this defense is just that bad. There have been a few games where better quarterbacking would have made a difference.

Last edited:

irving

Reaction score
We’ve never not been a respectable team with Dak at QB, no matter what trash he has around him or how terrible the defense is.

That’s how you know Dak’s a stud.
You’re correct, the lowest win total the team has ever had with Dak at quarterback is 8, which was last season. While many felt Dalton could step right in and the team wouldn’t miss a beat, some of us know that was never a realistic view. The simple fact is a starting quarterback in the NFL is usually much better than the backup.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak was still playing would we be 3-9?
giphy.gif