If Dak was to go 0-6 as a starter without Zeke will he look like a fraud?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'll get back to you if he gets sacked 50 more times
IMO no. zeke helped mask a lot of warts on the team. which now is showing. the offensive game plans are simple. unimaginative. its very parcells like, based on pure execution and when players fail, everything fails. we have not protected Dak and for past two games he has been under constant pressure and its starting to show in his throws. he is pressing. he is making throws he shouldn't. this coaching staff has failed. they have no plans. this is the 4th game this season where we got our arses handed to us in the second half for lack of adjustments and preparation for what the other team will do.

Wentz was similar situation last year. he had not protection and the WRs to execute and he threw a lot of interception and took a lot of saks. last year, we protected Dak and ran the ball and dak looked capable. don't forget Wentz got 200 yards help from his RBs.

Greasylake17

Reaction score
IMO no. zeke helped mask a lot of warts on the team. which now is showing. the offensive game plans are simple. unimaginative. its very parcells like, based on pure execution and when players fail, everything fails. we have not protected Dak and for past two games he has been under constant pressure and its starting to show in his throws. he is pressing. he is making throws he shouldn't. this coaching staff has failed. they have no plans. this is the 4th game this season where we got our arses handed to us in the second half for lack of adjustments and preparation for what the other team will do.

Wentz was similar situation last year. he had not protection and the WRs to execute and he threw a lot of interception and took a lot of saks. last year, we protected Dak and ran the ball and dak looked capable. don't forget Wentz got 200 yards help from his RBs.

Romo was def the guy who helped masked the warts of a team for 10 years. Are you kiddin me? Please explain why romo never had this option ever. Romo kept the Cowboys from being rhe Browns for so long. Media and fans destroyed Romo. So now after 2 years that Dak has not played well he is allowed the excuses. It drives me crazy.

Greasylake17

Reaction score

Please please tell me that you liked Romo and you never bashed him. Because im reading now that you are saying Dak hides alot of warts on this team. Well thats what Romo did his whole career. So by no means am i saying you didnt like Romo but im so very very curious how yoi felt about Romo after making that comment.

starcity214

Reaction score
Romo was def the guy who helped masked the warts of a team for 10 years. Are you kiddin me? Please explain why romo never had this option ever. Romo kept the Cowboys from being rhe Browns for so long. Media and fans destroyed Romo. So now after 2 years that Dak has not played well he is allowed the excuses. It drives me crazy.

Same here. Funny thing is, the people who hated Romo now love Dak. Go figure!
Romo could go 24/26 350 yards 4 TD 1 INT and lose that game and they would say "Romo Sucks". Dak goes 15 /17 160 yards 0 TD 1 INT and lose and they'll say "Dak played great, not his fault". It's mind boggling...

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Same here. Funny thing is, the people who hated Romo now love Dak. Go figure!
Romo could go 24/26 350 yards 4 TD 1 INT and lose that game and they would say "Romo Sucks". Dak goes 15 /17 160 yards 0 TD 1 INT and lose and they'll say "Dak played great, not his fault". It's mind boggling...

Yea it's weird. Let's be honest...Romo was the scapegoat for some fans the moment he botched the snap in Seattle.

On the other hand Dak has a halo over his head in the eyes of those same fans.

Dak has potential but he's just average if that when he has to survey the defense and get the ball down field. Hopefully he'll remedy this the more experienced he becomes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Please please tell me that you liked Romo and you never bashed him. Because im reading now that you are saying Dak hides alot of warts on this team. Well thats what Romo did his whole career. So by no means am i saying you didnt like Romo but im so very very curious how yoi felt about Romo after making that comment.
I didn't bash room. he was a magician. people wanted to hang him to dry, but it was obvious he hid a lot of warts. I loved it when we saw the result in us going 4-12 when he was injured.....

right now the OL is not playing well. the WRs aren't playing well. yes we lost Smith. its huge, but the problem is not just LT, the entire line is not playing well and coaches don't have right game plan, and haven't adjusted to their personnel.

no QB does well, when they are under constant pressure, or when the ball hits the WR in the hands and they can't catch it. pops up and it gets intercepted.

this is not a Dak only issue. this is the entire offense issue, including coaches.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Maybe Dak will say to himself, "you know the whole country will be watching today and I need to show the fans what I can do and lead this team to victory"

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo was def the guy who helped masked the warts of a team for 10 years. Are you kiddin me?
Absolutey zero doubt about this.

Not that he always played well,of course. Nobody does.
But he was huge reason why they didnt suck some of those years.

Turned the page, though.
Dak's turn

Pants

Reaction score
If Dak were out and Zeke was playing and they were 0-6, does that make Zeke look like a fraud?

answer to that and the OP is no...the fraud is the guy clapping incessantly

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
If Dak were out and Zeke was playing and they were 0-6, does that make Zeke look like a fraud?

answer to that and the OP is no...the fraud is the guy clapping incessantly

I seen other QB's in NFL History perform with

No line
No receivers
no running back

So I don't want to hear any excuses that Dak can't lead the team into the endzone without zeke

sbark

Reaction score
always remember, Nick Foles was a pro-bowler for one year also............is he even on a roster right now?