If Dak was to go 0-6 as a starter without Zeke will he look like a fraud?

perrykemp

Reaction score
If Dak keeps up this trend and ends up with 0 TDs and 9 INTs in the 6 games Zeke it out, then absolutely it would be a huge indictment on Dak.

I don't expect that to happen.

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
If you don’t understand what being his second year has to do with it, then you’re pretty hopeless.

QB is the toughest position in the NFL.

Also stop with the QB competition nonsense.

The guy had a 68% completion percentage last year. He has had games where he has dropped dimes all
Over the field and thrown really tough passes.

He has shown an ability to be accurate. It’s the consistency that’s an issue. Which comes down to his footwork, which can be coached.

Unfortunately, I don’t trust our crappy coaching staff to actually help him improve it.

None of that matters. What if zeke has a season ending injury then what? That means he couldnt play and perform?

Wentz lost sproles and he is still able to perform. Stop making excuses

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
You mean zeke, smith, lee, Hitchens. And then of course clappy the bozo clown and his genius half time speeches.

We already know dak is a stud. That’s been confirmed.

Anyone with half a brain should have known we were going to get crushed. Lord knows I said it 200times all week in here.

So we are supposed to take dak seriously when zeke comes back and he has another good game?

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
I said this in another thread but I think it needs repeated in this one.

Atlanta First half we are down 10-7

Second half Atlanta scores 17 points

Philly first half we are up 9-7

Second half Philly scores 30 points

In two games we have scored 16 points in the first half.
Zero points in the second half.

However we have also allowed 47 points in the second half...47 UNANSWERED points.

So if you see a person or multiple people on here blaming the losses on the QB and pretty much only the QB...You know that they have an agenda.
If you see someone blaming the losses only on the Offense...you know they have an agenda.
If you see someone blaming the losses only on the Defense...you know they have an agenda.

This team is equally bad on both Offense and Defense in back to back games.

They start out playing well and completely fold in the second half.

Not only are they not scoring points in the second half of these losses...
They are averaging giving up 23.5 points

Offense and Defense are screwing the pooch here.

You can only go so long blaming one or two players and be credible when both sides of the ball are doing so bad.

Might be time to look a little higher up on the food chain.

Both Coordinators, the HC and the GM.

We know the GM is not going anywhere.

Wonder about the Coordinators and HC.

That QB had the team in the redzone 3 times and had 0 td's

DFWJC

Reaction score
Didnt show me ****
Yeah.
That was a rough outing to say the least.
I'm not sure we've seen a game by a Dallas QB where he had 0 TDs AND a -4 TD to turnover difference in the same game, in more than 20 years?

Hope to not see it again for 20 years.
Call me a sucker, but I don't see Dak ever doing that again. Maybe close, but that combo is very hard to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
good lookin' dogs:thumbup:

Thanks man ........ that is a few months ago

Baron looks like this now ........ he is 10 months old and 105 pounds

23722586_1860340863995005_6915563146650893500_n.jpg

CowboysFanSince88

Reaction score
Yeah.
That was a rough outing to say the least.
I'm not sure we've seen a game by a Dallas QB where he had 0 TDs AND a -4 TD to turnover difference in the same game, in more than 20 years?

Hope to not see it again for 20 years.
Call me a sucker, but I don't see Dak ever doing that again. Maybe close, but that combo is very hard to do.

I dont have any confidence it will get better on thanksgiving

khiladi

Reaction score
No, it would mean many people grossly under-rated Zeke and Romo for that matter, who worked with real garbage.

Dak shouldn’t go 0-6 with even Morris. That would be a testimony to garbage play-calling and coaching. Our OL still is enough to get wins.

We should have at least won a couple games with Weeden in reality and that is including with the high ankle sprain of Dez.

khiladi

Reaction score
Reality is we RUN a Coryell that is built on challenging the field deep. You need to be a pocket QB with a good deep ball.

The fact that Garrett says things like plug away and hope for something to break last night is totally contradicting the system of the Coryell..

Your having WRs trying to stretch the field for nothing if your not attacking when they are doing it..

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That QB had the team in the redzone 3 times and had 0 td's

And the defense gave up 30 points in the second half after holding the eagles to 7 in the first.

I stick to what I said.

If you only single out the QB in this loss and the Atlanta loss...it is because you have an agenda.

PERIOD.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And the defense gave up 30 points in the second half after holding the eagles to 7 in the first.

I stick to what I said.

If you only single out the QB in this loss and the Atlanta loss...it is because you have an agenda.

PERIOD.
Yep.

vlad

Reaction score
Its amazing how quickly people are turning on Dak - we're lucky we found him - we could have Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, or any number of other QBs at the helm. Hopefully some of these folks overlap with the Romo sucks crowd and realize how much he had to carry all these years with worse teams.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its amazing how quickly people are turning on Dak - we're lucky we found him - we could have Paxton Lynch, Connor Cook, or any number of other QBs at the helm. Hopefully some of these folks overlap with the Romo sucks crowd and realize how much he had to carry all these years with worse teams.
It is not amazing. It was expected. It is the same pattern. Only the names have changed.