If Dak was to go 0-6 as a starter without Zeke will he look like a fraud?

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
No. The defense doesn't create any turnovers, WRs don't get separation, and our inept coaching puts a sranglehold on the entire team.

TheGoat73

Reaction score
I mean there is no way he can be taken seriously as a starter if he can't win one game without zeke. True starters find a way to be successful even when players are missing in the lineup not just struggle until players come back. So for example, if pressure is coming from the left side again this week is he smart enough to play to his right side and throw pass to the middle or to the right? Or will he continue to stand in the pocket knowing their is pressure from one side? Being a NFL starter is more than just throwing the ball down the field. You also need to play smart and figure out what works well and read defenses

Agree or Disagree?

A talented second year QB can go through a slump when his RB is suspended, OL is chaotic and Star WR is barely better than 50/50 Rec/target.

Dallas needs a good backup swing tackle and should consider that Dez is not a championship #1 WR.

He needs to improve his accuracy over the middle and on the deep balls. His nearly-there throws cost the team first downs and a lot of RAC. I’m surprised he hasn’t been picked off more bc he often delivers the ball behind receivers in the middle.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have scored one TD in 8 quarters so far without Zeke.
We've also had two teams that could not stop anything outside every time we run the ball and pull people we get yardage nobody can stop it and yet Linehan goes away from it
There's an old saying in football run it until they stop it they'll have to make adjustments it will open up the inside the short passing game

Yet Linehan can't help himself running back had over 100 yards last night if Linehan would have kept attacking the outside it would have been a totally different game would we have won probably not but we could have gave it a hell of a show for whatever reason he just has to abandon what's working and go back to his base garbage

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
THey will win just enough games to be sitting in the middle of the pack come april draft day so Jerry can make a stretch on some player that we will be told has a huge upside despite having missed most of there senior year with surgeries or a substance abuse problem.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I just don't get why people expect Dak to turn into Marino. What does being a second year player have to do with it? As I have said previously, Dak is what he is. An Alex Smith clone. I understand that people might say that with practice Dak can get better but as Collinsworth said tonight, there are things you just can't coach. I remember watching the Pro Bowl QB skills competition last year and Dak was the only one that couldn't hit a single target. Funny thing is, the commentator mentioned that Dak was the only QB that had practiced doing so the day before and he still couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I just don't understand why fans think he'll be "fine". What does that mean anyway?

If you don’t understand what being his second year has to do with it, then you’re pretty hopeless.

QB is the toughest position in the NFL.

Also stop with the QB competition nonsense.

The guy had a 68% completion percentage last year. He has had games where he has dropped dimes all
Over the field and thrown really tough passes.

He has shown an ability to be accurate. It’s the consistency that’s an issue. Which comes down to his footwork, which can be coached.

Unfortunately, I don’t trust our crappy coaching staff to actually help him improve it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I mean there is no way he can be taken seriously as a starter if he can't win one game without zeke. True starters find a way to be successful even when players are missing in the lineup not just struggle until players come back. So for example, if pressure is coming from the left side again this week is he smart enough to play to his right side and throw pass to the middle or to the right? Or will he continue to stand in the pocket knowing their is pressure from one side? Being a NFL starter is more than just throwing the ball down the field. You also need to play smart and figure out what works well and read defenses

Agree or Disagree?

You mean zeke, smith, lee, Hitchens. And then of course clappy the bozo clown and his genius half time speeches.

We already know dak is a stud. That’s been confirmed.

Anyone with half a brain should have known we were going to get crushed. Lord knows I said it 200times all week in here.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You mean zeke, smith, lee, Hitchens. And then of course clappy the bozo clown and his genius half time speeches.

We already know dak is a stud. That’s been confirmed.

Anyone with half a brain should have known we were going to get crushed. Lord knows I said it 200times all week in here.
Actually I predicted 56-10. I was shocked it was competitive the first half.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm ok with the whining to be fair. It's the internet after all, knee jerk heaven.
To be more fair, it would be best stating reactions cannot be categorized solely as knee jerking. The team has issues with consistent play. However, the identification of the issues is often (sometimes WAY) superficial from the fan perspective. The OP is an example. Problems exist beyond coaching, key personnel or even ownership.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Still have high hopes for Dak,... but lets be honest here. Wentz is bigger, stronger, faster, better arm strength, and much more accurate on his deep balls. Right as of now Dak isnt stacking up. Just the truth of it.

Dak is good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. He is nowhere near elite. He had a great rookie campaign where everything around him went well and some here already put him up there w Brady and Rodgers.

I like Dak - we could do a lot worse post-Romo. But he has severe limitations in pocket awareness, decision making, accuracy, etc. He has a lot of skills, is tough, and high character. Can throw great on the move. But he needs a lot to go well around him and he can take it from there. He doesn't have that here and he never will with the clown show at HC and GM.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think Dak ate the cheese. Romo needed to share that BP list with him. Defenses are taking away the middle of the field from Dak and he can't hit the outside. They have figured him out. I think it is that simple. Without defenses having to worry about Zeke, they can easily stop Dak.

lostar2009

Reaction score
Yes he will. But each game has to be look at. We can easily tell if the issue is him or some other part of the team.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said this in another thread but I think it needs repeated in this one.

Atlanta First half we are down 10-7

Second half Atlanta scores 17 points

Philly first half we are up 9-7

Second half Philly scores 30 points

In two games we have scored 16 points in the first half.
Zero points in the second half.

However we have also allowed 47 points in the second half...47 UNANSWERED points.

So if you see a person or multiple people on here blaming the losses on the QB and pretty much only the QB...You know that they have an agenda.
If you see someone blaming the losses only on the Offense...you know they have an agenda.
If you see someone blaming the losses only on the Defense...you know they have an agenda.

This team is equally bad on both Offense and Defense in back to back games.

They start out playing well and completely fold in the second half.

Not only are they not scoring points in the second half of these losses...
They are averaging giving up 23.5 points

Offense and Defense are screwing the pooch here.

You can only go so long blaming one or two players and be credible when both sides of the ball are doing so bad.

Might be time to look a little higher up on the food chain.

Both Coordinators, the HC and the GM.

We know the GM is not going anywhere.

Wonder about the Coordinators and HC.