If Dak wins this game this will solidify his passing of Tony Romo

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyone could see Micah was a dawg bro.

Lol.. Ok.. I just don’t value inside linebackers. Especially guys who struggle to cover the pass.

Im not saying anything very controversial either.

What I do value is pass rushers and I knew he could blitz but had no idea he could rush the edge like that and fortunately for Dallas neither did the NFL.

Btw, I still don’t value what he does at inside linebacker nearly as much as I value Gregory and Lawrence.

But that’s probably why inside linebackers don’t get paid like those guys.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Lol.. Ok.. I just don’t value inside linebackers. Especially guys who struggle to cover the pass.

Im not saying anything very controversial either.

What I do value is pass rushers and I knew he could blitz but had no idea he could rush the edge like that and fortunately for Dallas neither did the NFL.

We are all glad to have him. His draft day special instantly won me over; his passion and WANT to be a Cowboy.

Instantly bought his jersey and has been my favorite player ever since.

Go Cowboys!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
N

I really don’t think so

But whatever….people can’t convince each so it’s wasted words

I liked/like them both and more importantly, the Cowboys
Nah....their opinions...either you agree or you don't....some people would rather convince themselves something is wrong than if its right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Whatever. I didn’t know he was an edge rusher and neither did anyone else.

If he was just a linebacker I’d be upset we drafted him over my #1 defender Jaelen Phillips right now.

Luckily we drafted a generational talent and the only thing stopping him from league dominance is his stupid little side trick he does at linebacker.
So you wanted hurt *** Jaelen Phillips over him too huh?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't care to admit I'm wrong about things. Never have been and never will be. I say all the time that my opinions are not set in stone and can change.

And I am that way about Dak too. If he takes us on a playoff run, plays well, and we look like actual contenders then my current opinion that he's not good enough to lead us to the Super Bowl could easily change. I have ZERO faith in him right now, but depending on his play this week and hopefully the coming weeks that all could change.
You have faith in the team and coaches or are you 0 percent on them too?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romos teams were much more reliant on him than Daks teams. So the numbers don't tell the full story. Also, I would argue the NFC East was MUCH MUCH better throughout Romos tenure. I think the Eagles and the Giants won Super Bowls while Romo was the QB in Dallas. Not to mention Andy Reid, Tom Coughlin and Joe Gibbs represent a much better coaching lineup for the NFC East as opposed to what we have today.

Outside of Dak’s rookie year his teams have been just as dependent on him as Romo’s teams were dependent on him and Dak’s increasing numbers back that up. Dak attempted 596 passes this season which tied his career high. Romo only had one season where he attempted more passes. Only the Giants won a Super Bowl during Romo’s tenure. Philly won a Super Bowl during Dak’s tenure as the starter.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Outside of Dak’s rookie year his teams have been just as dependent on him as Romo’s teams were dependent on him and Dak’s increasing numbers back that up. Dak attempted 596 passes this season which tied his career high. Romo only had one season where he attempted more passes. Only the Giants won a Super Bowl during Romo’s tenure. Philly won a Super Bowl during Dak’s tenure as the starter.
good catch...the Giants won...but I think Philly did go to another Super Bowl during Romo's tenure? Point being the teams and coaching staffs in the NFC East were light years ahead of what we have in the NFC East right now. The NFC East had much more stability. Especially at the QB position when Romo was in Dallas. Now I am not apologizing for us taking advantage of a down division, but the state of this division should allow us to EASILY be the first back to back division winner in a long time. And I thought the numbers support the fact that we are a much better team when Zeke rushes for over 100 yards as opposed to when we don't?

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If you're gonna talk about not being subjective, know what you're talking about. Romo has a Td/attempt ratio of that is way better than that of Aikman, Staubach, White, and Meredith.

Interception machine is an ignorant statement
Different eras. Romo and Dak play(ed) in the same relative era.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
good catch...the Giants won...but I think Philly did go to another Super Bowl during Romo's tenure?

Yes Philly did go to the Super Bowl during Romo’s tenure but lost to New England.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The only honest way you can compare two players is to ask how they would do in the other's situation.

In Romo's 5th or 6th year starting
--they had one of the worst defenses in th league ..and son to be the very worst
-- one of the worst offensive lines Dallas has had in 25 years
--an average to below-average WR group
--a below average RB group
--crappy coaching and offensive coordination
--rules favoring QBs are changing but not where they are today

In Dak's 5th or 6th year starting
--they have one of the best defenses Dallas has had in 25 years...top 3 since 90s at worst
--a top 5 ranked offensive line by most metrics
--probably the very best (certainly the deepest) WR group in Dallas Cowboy history
--a very good RB tandem in Elliott/
--a good all-around coaching staff (and a HC that won a SB)and coordinator that other teams envy and are trying to hire
--rules favor QBs now more than ever

Ok....now switch places.
Drop a veteran Romo into today's situation. (not 2007, but more experienced)
And drop Dak into 2011-2013 range.

The situations are just not comparable...and especially or so going forward.
Don't even think about comparing numbers in those two radically different situations.
Like comparing and person driving a VW to one driving a Ferrari and asking why the VW didn't perform better.

I'm happy that the perfect storm is forming for Dak to where he has developed as a QB but is still fairly young, yet has a young and rising team with a good staff around him.
But at this stage in Romo's career, this franchise was in bad shape.
That's just how it worked out.

Pick whoever you want...or don't pic at all and just pull for TEAM.
But you have to use rational context.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The only honest way you can compare two players is to ask how they would do in the other's situation.

In Romo's 5th or 6th year starting
--they had one of the worst defenses in th league ..and son to be the very worst
-- one of the worst offensive lines Dallas has had in 25 years
--an average to below-average WR group
--a below average RB group
--crappy coaching and offensive coordination
--rules favoring QBs are changing but not where they are today

In Dak's 5th or 6th year starting
--they have one of the best defenses Dallas has had in 25 years...top 3 since 90s at worst
--a top 5 ranked offensive line by most metrics
--probably the very best (certainly the deepest) WR group in Dallas Cowboy history
--a very good RB tandem in Elliott/
--a good all-around coaching staff (and a HC that won a SB)and coordinator that other teams envy and are trying to hire
--rules favor QBs now more than ever

Ok....now switch places.
Drop a veteran Romo into today's situation. (not 2007, but more experienced)
And drop Dak into 2011-2013 range.

The situations are just not comparable...and especially or so going forward.
Don't even think about comparing numbers in those two radically different situations.
Like comparing and person driving a VW to one driving a Ferrari and asking why the VW didn't perform better.

I'm happy that the perfect storm is forming for Dak to where he has developed as a QB but is still fairly young, yet has a young and rising team with a good staff around him.
But at this stage in Romo's career, this franchise was in bad shape.
That's just how it worked out.

Pick whoever you want...or don't pic at all and just pull for TEAM.
But you have to use rational context.

When Romo was Dak's age he had barely even been starting...by the time Romo got his first start Dak at the same age had won 13 games as a rookie and been to the playoffs.......

DFWJC

Reaction score
When Romo was Dak's age he had barely even been starting...by the time Romo got his first start Dak at the same age had won 13 games as a rookie and been to the playoffs.......
I look at it how much experience they have....not their age.
If you want to do that, it's fine.

You can't put up numbers if the coach won't put you in the game....that applies to Romo's last season and at least one of his early ones.

To each his own.

The point was that team around you does matter....and this is a pretty good supporting cast for Dak thru more than 5 years starting.

That's good for Dallas

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just can't waste my time with ignorance but here it goes.
"Dak has already long passed him". Lets measure a full body of work. This argument should really not even be on the table. This next game could be the end of the Dak phase of the DC, we never know.
"He's a better QB in virtually every way" Dak can't read a defense to save his life and that is just one of many of his deficiencies.
"He's an infinitely better leader" Great leaders lead to success by example. Dak hasn't lead anyone anywhere yet.
"more accurate" False. Just plain ignorance. Watch the games.
"far less mistake/turnover prone" see comment above. He's been slumping and that's a fact. Oh except 2nd and 3rd string defenses.
"more durable" yet to be determined.
If you watch the games, it may help.
Carry on.
I keep asking people...what makes you think he's a better leader? I usually don't get any reply....or...his teammates say so. Oh really? What did you expect them to say? Plus many if them....most? Never played with Romo.

New nikes and pats on the butt?

I think seeing players at extracurricular activities.....despite daks request...speaks volumes.