If Dak wins this game this will solidify his passing of Tony Romo

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
You aren't even capable to say that Dak is a good player but you said Carson Wentz is....I think you've been compromised if you truly are a Cowboy fan. You've been corrupted.
I'm over the Dak/Wentz thing.

Dak won that, but being better than Wentz is not my bar.

plasticman

Reaction score
A Penn State White Out Is In The Making @ESisback

Romo had to run for his life half the time. If only he had Aikman's OL. Being Aikman was a pocket passer, he wouldn't have survived in Romo's tenure.
Aikman would have taken Romo's team to the Super Bowl.

Aikman was a leader that demanded the best effort of everyone around him. They would have played harder and better for Aikman.

Aikman led by example. During a playoff bye he would have spent the time studying and focusing on potential playoff opponents. He wouldn't be on a beach in South America. You wouldn't see Aikman's most recent celebrity girlfriend in the stands pulling a publicity stunt and providing incentive to their opponents.

Aikman wouldn't have to run around because the ball would have already been out of his hands. Aikman was a master at reading defenses and he had one of the fastest releases. There was little hesitancy. He had ultimate confidence in placing the ball where he needed to be.

Aikman was so accurate that double coverage didn't bother him. He could thread a needle with his passes.

With Romo, the receiver had to be open with space.

Romo could never have survived without a Pro Bowl line and Pro Bowl receivers.

Between 2006 and 2009 no team had more Pro Bowl linemen than the Cowboys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm over the Dak/Wentz thing.

Dak won that, but being better than Wentz is not my bar.
It shouldn't be the bar...being better than Wentz means nothing....24 hours ago you said Wentz was a good player and Dak wasn't...maybe you had a change of heart...I don't know I can't call it.

Staubacher

Reaction score
How could you disagree that Dak is less turnover prone? That isn't subjective. Romo was basically an INT machine.
If you're gonna talk about not being subjective, know what you're talking about. Romo has a Td/attempt ratio of that is way better than that of Aikman, Staubach, White, and Meredith.

Interception machine is an ignorant statement

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not twisting at all.

Jaylons strengths were sideline to sideline with the ability to play down hill. Awful in coverage.

Micah Parsons strengths were sideline to sideline with the ability to play down hill and not good in coverage. Of course his athleticism gave him the upside to get better at it which in acknowledged.

But no.. I’m not a fan of inside linebackers with premium picks. Heck our own team wasn’t to thrilled about it either were they?

Btw, since my opinion is so terrible maybe you’ll respect this guy. Or maybe not. I don’t care.

He reminds me of: Jaylon Smith coming out of Notre Dame. I loved the way Smith played in college. If not for that gruesome injury he suffered against Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl, he would've been one of the first players off the board in the 2016 draft. He has since recovered to have an outstanding career in Dallas. Parsons has a similar build and playing style. They are both so explosive and aggressive. It's hard to find players with this type of agility and athleticism without sacrificing the size. If Parsons can stay healthy and continue to develop, he will emerge as one of the top five players in the country.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...ns-lb-can-be-one-of-nation-s-top-five-players
Whoever had that scouting report was WRONG on Micah too lol.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
Romo never got to a championship game. lol We never won a divisional round game with Romo. All Dak has to do to put an end to this debate is get past the divisional round.
We're saying the same thing, just from different angles. If he wins the divisional round he gets to the championship game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Whoever had that scouting report was WRONG on Micah too lol.

You think he falls to our pick if nearly everyone wasn’t wrong about him?

You’re acting like this is a catch17 exclusive thing lol.

I saw what they saw. I didn’t see what they didn’t see.

You guys thinking you have a “gotchya” on me with Micah Parsons is just hilarious.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It shouldn't be the bar...being better than Wentz means nothing....24 hours ago you said Wentz was a good player and Dak wasn't...maybe you had a change of heart...I don't know I can't call it.

Actually, I said this 24 hours ago in the "Dak is better than Wentz" thread.....

Nah, even I can't think that anymore after yesterday. Dak is better than Wentz. I stand corrected on that one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You think he falls to our pick if nearly everyone wasn’t wrong about him?

You’re acting like this is a catch17 exclusive thing lol.

I saw what they saw. I didn’t see what they didn’t see.

You guys thinking you have a “gotchya” on me with Micah Parsons is just hilarious.
Not even. You were wrong on him. Being wrong happens. That's not the issue. The issue is you won't admit you were wrong.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This guy absolutely lives on the short bus

His rational thought process is non-existent

Having said that…go Cowboys and go Dak

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not even. You were wrong on him. Being wrong happens. That's not the issue. The issue is you won't admit you were wrong.

Whatever. I didn’t know he was an edge rusher and neither did anyone else.

If he was just a linebacker I’d be upset we drafted him over my #1 defender Jaelen Phillips right now.

Luckily we drafted a generational talent and the only thing stopping him from league dominance is his stupid little side trick he does at linebacker.

BlueNSilver88

Throwing up the X
Reaction score
Whatever. I didn’t know he was an edge rusher and neither did anyone else.

If he was just a linebacker I’d be upset we drafted him over my #1 defender Jaelen Phillips right now.

Luckily we drafted a generational talent and the only thing stopping him from league dominance is his stupid little side trick he does at linebacker.

Anyone could see Micah was a dawg bro.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Missed that post.....you finally admitted. I know that took courage. :thumbup:
I don't care to admit I'm wrong about things. Never have been and never will be. I say all the time that my opinions are not set in stone and can change.

And I am that way about Dak too. If he takes us on a playoff run, plays well, and we look like actual contenders then my current opinion that he's not good enough to lead us to the Super Bowl could easily change. I have ZERO faith in him right now, but depending on his play this week and hopefully the coming weeks that all could change.

DFWJC

Reaction score
N
He's already surpassed Romo. He needs that ring to get on Aikman and Roger level though.
I really don’t think so

But whatever….people can’t convince each so it’s wasted words

I liked/like them both and more importantly, the Cowboys